Andre McDonald

John Galt

Reaction score
Does anyone know why he backed off his commitment and is going to Vanderbilt? Still wish he would change his mind and be a Gopher. I could see him being in the NFL some day...

here is my reasoning-

he wants to get to the nfl someday, and some coach from down south put all this crap in andres head that kill doesnt/cant put wr's into the nfl... then talked about how great the sec is at putting wr into the leauge.. same thing that happened to Bryce..

however once these mn wr get down there and start messing with the real fast boys from fla, la, tx ect they realise they made a mistake...

my guess is in 2 yrs andre will be transfering out, just like bryce is now....

Vandy? What is he thinking? More exposure in the Big 10. Plenty of time for this kid to back out (common anyway) and follow in Decker's footsteps. Kill had never been in a major program to send kids to the NFL anyway so that does not make sense.

Vandy? What is he thinking? More exposure in the Big 10. Plenty of time for this kid to back out (common anyway) and follow in Decker's footsteps. Kill had never been in a major program to send kids to the NFL anyway so that does not make sense.

im not saying it makes sense, however recruiting can be vicious, and im sure many lies are being told. i hope on nsd he chooses mn, but i wont hold my breath.
and vandy has a top 20 recruting class this year.. playing against fla, georgia, clemson, lsu, alabama, tennesse... no theres nothing appealing in that....

and theres not less exposure in the sec than the b10...

Ummm, the SEC provides more exposure in football then the Big Ten. And Vandy has had a pretty good run of success over the past 10 years (since Cutler was there). They are definately a step ahead of where the Gophs are right now and they provide a hell of an education. I can't blame anyone for wanting that...

Ummm, the SEC provides more exposure in football then the Big Ten. And Vandy has had a pretty good run of success over the past 10 years (since Cutler was there). They are definately a step ahead of where the Gophs are right now and they provide a hell of an education. I can't blame anyone for wanting that...

Let's just get this straight, academics had nothing to do with Andre's decision, anything else is fair game, have at it..............

Sparlimb, this is just not true. Vanderbilt has been terrible over the past ten years: In the ten years prior to the 2011-2012 season, Vanderbilt was 13-67 in the SEC. That record includes 0-8 and 1-7 in the two years prior to hiring first year coach James Franklin. Franklin has a top 20 recruiting class coming to a school that has one winning season since 1982! (7-6 in 2008)

I can't really think of another player from MN going to the SEC or ACC and then leaving other than McNeal.

McNeal didn't even really fail at Clemson. He had 20 catches as a freshman and then was passed on the depth chart by one of the most impressive FR WR's in recent years (Sammy Watkins). Clemson just had a on of REALLY good young WRs. It wasn't so much of McNeal running into faster players in the ACC and not being effective as much as it was that they brought in Sammy Watkins.

There have been plenty of WR's from up north that would've been good anywhere. Decker isn't too slow for the NFL, so I think he'd have been effective in the SEC. Floyd has been awesome at Notre Dame, and will be in the NFL.

It's just a rare occurence that it happens...

I think Andre will be a good WR wherever he ends up, and I don't think the SEC will be too fast for him.

EG is right about Vanderbilt, they have been terrible over the last 20 years and not nearly as good as the Gophers have been. I've been there several times though, it's a beautiful area and they have a good school.

With McDonald, he was Kill's first commit and seemed so excited about joining the program. Did he de-commit because he wanted a different experience and was determined to get out of the state, or was it due to the coaching staff? It just seems that he's had a strange recruiting process. Even after he de-committed, he still attended their summer camp and said the Gophers were in the running...

A very good friend of mine is a high school coach and word has it McDonald has a bit of an attitude. What's more, he said watching games he doesn't really do anything that makes him stand out. I was talking about the de-commitment and how I was a little disappointed and he said in his opinion that it's really not a huge loss for the Gophers.

A very good friend of mine is a high school coach and word has it McDonald has a bit of an attitude. What's more, he said watching games he doesn't really do anything that makes him stand out. I was talking about the de-commitment and how I was a little disappointed and he said in his opinion that it's really not a huge loss for the Gophers.

I don't want to jump the gun and say this is true, but this prima donna attitude is everywhere. People tell these kids they are God their whole lives and they develop a sense of entitlement.

Kid could start for us next year if he wants to. Not sure why he wouldn't want to be a major player right away?

My sister's friend's stepfather's co-worker's wife heard the same thing.

Why can't he be a major player at Vanderbilt?

He could, but it probably would take longer since we will only have one capable receiver next season. I have little faith in any of our guys except Green. If I'm a running back or Wide Receiver who cares about playing time right away...I'm looking at Minnesota for sure.

tikited said:
He could, but it probably would take longer since we will only have one capable receiver next season. I have little faith in any of our guys except Green. If I'm a running back or Wide Receiver who cares about playing time right away...I'm looking at Minnesota for sure.

Not sure if "one capable" is true. I like that Crawford-Tufts.

But you have to have a QB who can deliver the ball.

Why on earth wouldn't he want to play catch with Nelson on Saturdays? Perhaps all the press that Nelson is getting and his performance may just get McDonald rethinking his commitment.

Why on earth wouldn't he want to play catch with Nelson on Saturdays? Perhaps all the press that Nelson is getting and his performance may just get McDonald rethinking his commitment.

Hope you are right.

Remember who vandy"s QB is................a fella named "Rodgers" and grey isn't gonna cut it can't throw consistently and when you have to have 2 wristbands to remember the playbook it is not a good sign

Whether you like "Gray" or not, he only has 1 season left. That will have nothing to do with anyone's decision...

DocfromDarwin said:
Remember who vandy"s QB is................a fella named "Rodgers" and grey isn't gonna cut it can't throw consistently and when you have to have 2 wristbands to remember the playbook it is not a good sign

Gray is getting better and this is his last year then Nelson. Remember that Doc. The kid would start in the Big Ten next year.

You can't be serious? It is a new offense in fact how many has Grey been under since he stepped foot on campus?

Mcknight will be gone, but with Brandon Green, Moulton, Jones and Crawford-Tuffs. Plus Jamal Habrison 4star recruit from N.C according to espn coming in, maybe he thought his chances are starting weren't as good anymore

You're not really very good at this, are you?

Is "Rodgers" in quotes supposed to indicate something? Are you trying to tell us something that you misspelled Gray's name and failed to capitalize his name?

Are you talking about the same "rodgers" that has season stats of 51.6 completion percentage and 297 yards rushing vs. Q Gray's stats of 51.7 completion percentage and 786 yards rushing?

I'm watching Cal vs. Stanford and Andrew Luck isn't even trusted enough to have his own wristband with the plays. It's on the center's wrist. What a moron.

Mcknight will be gone, but with Brandon Green, Moulton, Jones and Crawford-Tuffs. Plus Jamal Habrison 4star recruit from N.C according to espn coming in, maybe he thought his chances are starting weren't as good anymore

Moulton really needs to learn to catch the damn football.

Thing is, Gray has been improving almost on a weekly basis. The two wristband thing; what do you expect? It's a new offense, he's had how many new coordinators in his time at Minnesota? Another thing, these recievers need to catch the ball when Gray is putting the ball right on their hands. It's ridiculous. But anyways, now that Gray has played in nearly a full season of games, I would bet he comes back and has a very solid 2012 season.

Top Bottom