AndersLee

Indi1006

Banned
Reaction score
Watching the outdoor hockey game and see that Lee went out for the ceremonial puck drop. I think he is going to be a 3 time captain for Notre Dame. Great athlete, great leader and he may have been great running Kill's offense. Water over the bridge but the kid wanted to play football at the U more than anything and I could pick oh maybe 12 kids out of that recruiting class that he would have been a better selection than.

Anders Lee is a great athlete but he presented a dilemma (for himself), similar to Reid Travis.

Anders Lee and Reid Travis both have legit professional chances in their respective sports (hockey and basketball) and they were both REALLY good football players. The problem is that these guys would have been on football scholarships and then been walkons for hockey/basketball and subsequently miss a large portion of the year in their best sport. I don't think it would have been in Anders Lee's best interest to have not joined a hockey team until January.

For two sport athletes, just the nature of the system, the guys who are able to do it more effectively are great football players who have a second sport, where they aren't risking a good chance of professional $ in their second sport.

For Anders Lee, I would have liked him at the U. But if you're on a hockey scholarship, you can't walk on to a football team, and his best sport is hockey.

Watching the outdoor hockey game and see that Lee went out for the ceremonial puck drop. I think he is going to be a 3 time captain for Notre Dame. Great athlete, great leader and he may have been great running Kill's offense. Water over the bridge but the kid wanted to play football at the U more than anything and I could pick oh maybe 12 kids out of that recruiting class that he would have been a better selection than.

I hope there's no water over the bridge. :D

Walk on at Minnesota, or get a full ride to Notre Dame......hmmmmm, let me see, yeah, I guess that I will take the full ride.

:rolleyes:

Walk on at Minnesota, or get a full ride to Notre Dame......hmmmmm, let me see, yeah, I guess that I will take the full ride.

:rolleyes:

Well, he would have had a full ride at either place. He was a MN hockey recruit (as well as a Notre Dame hockey recruit), he was signed on at the U for awhile but there was some falling out with Lucia over how many years they wanted him in JRs or something like that.

He chose Notre Dame hockey over MN hockey, not a full ride at Notre Dame over walking on at the U.

Top Bottom