An appreciation of the Plitzuweit post-game radio interview

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
I enjoy Plitzuweit’s post-game radio interviews. At home games the interviews are late enough so that we get to our car and are headed home before she gets to the mic. Then we often get to listen to her describe what the team did, should’ve done and will be expected to do in the future.

And It’s fun to hear her get excited about the game providing more film learning material. In one of earlier interviews, she said a coach once told her “It’s not what you know; it’s what your players know.”

She continues to follow that simple directive.

I listened last night and she is so insightful. Calls out bad, reinforces the good, and really talks x's/o's. Breaks down the 1st and 2nd half really well and what was different.

She clarified to a reporter that they did not play good defense in the first half, but cleaned it up in the 2nd.

is this posted anywhere? I'm guessing not.. but wish they would post this somehow.. because she is really interesting to listen to.

oh thank you so much! super appreciative of this Rex.. thanks again!
I should tell you how I found it. I remembered I posted the radio broadcast for the first game. So I click that link, well it was pretty shaded over. I tried clicking links, and the "live event" link sent me to a list of Gopher games and I found it.

I should tell you how I found it. I remembered I posted the radio broadcast for the first game. So I click that link, well it was pretty shaded over. I tried clicking links, and the "live event" link sent me to a list of Gopher games and I found it.

Thanks. I needed the link to find it. I have listened to coach P a lot and am kind of jaded when coaches talk; but I find her inciteful. She also seems to understand why errors happen and her staff knows how to make tweaks to help fix them. This was one of our best 3rd quarters this year. Justin's commentary was also excellent. Our announcers were shocked at how much room they gave to Mara.

Reactions: Rex

Glad you guys are all starting to realize how good of a hire Coach P was this year. Our Gopher young women are also developing off the court because of Coach P. The basketball is the only part that is visible to fans. The B1G season will be really tough this year but the guarantee is that Coach P will have her players as prepared as possible.

Glad you guys are all starting to realize how good of a hire Coach P was this year. Our Gopher young women are also developing off the court because of Coach P. The basketball is the only part that is visible to fans. The B1G season will be really tough this year but the guarantee is that Coach P will have her players as prepared as possible.
I can honestly say I knew she was special and the right hire, all along! My daughter benefited from her coaching for 5 years, both on the court and in life, and is still reaping those benefits.

I can honestly say I knew she was special and the right hire, all along! My daughter benefited from her coaching for 5 years, both on the court and in life, and is still reaping those benefits.
I remember you commenting on that, and being reassured because you had real life experience.

Top Bottom