An Amir Coffey-like talent? Gophers commit Drew Peterson confident he can play similar role for Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Jace:

Gophers basketball Richard Pitino spent much of Drew Peterson’s recent virtual campus visit comparing the wing to one of the best players in recent program history.

“He was comparing me to almost a Coffey-like player,” said the Rice transfer, who rounded out Minnesota’s 2020 recruiting class by committing to the Gophers on Monday.

That’s lofty, considering Amir Coffey is an NBA player, but you can spot the similarities. Like Coffey, Peterson is a versatile, 6-foot-8 wing who can score at all three levels and likes to get others involved.

“I’m an unselfish guy, a do-it-all guy,” Peterson said, “and I can really bring a lot of value to the team.”

“I think we’re really going to have a good roster next season,” said Peterson, who joins Brandon Johnson (Western Michigan) and Liam Robbins (Drake) as impact transfers Pitino nabbed this spring. “Especially if Marcus (Carr) comes back, I really think we can make a lot of noise in the Big Ten this year.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom