Allegations of racial comments made by UW regarding King

hmm, so it might not have been 'coach, is just using the players to get wins.' big surprise.

Definitely will be something to watch. Want to hear both sides to this one, not going to jump to conclusions either way.

Based on the UW-Basketball Strength Coach being put on Administrative Leave, hard to not jump to a conclusion.

This would also explain of the twitter support of other recent Badger transfers.

The Badgers looked played in such a funk last night, it was as though they knew the news was about to drop. I know that sounds like I am taking away from the Gophers performance, but looking at their bench there was zero fight in them from the mid-way point of the first half.

Last edited:

Motive: He could use claim to gain immediate transfer eligibility.

what a terrible angle for the js to take.

Wisconsin gonna Wisconsin.

The racism angle worked beautifully for Justin Fields. Looks like King is simply borrowing from a playbook that's a proven winner for immediate eligibility.

Based on the UW-Basketball Strength Coach being put on Administrative Leave, hard to not jump to a conclusion.

This would also justify explain of the twitter support of other recent Badger transfers.

The Badgers looked played in such a funk last night, it was as though they knew the news was about to drop. I know that sounds like I am taking away from the Gophers performance, but looking at their bench there was zero fight in them from the mid-way point of the first half.

Thanks Ope. I had not heard the news about the strength coach. That at least explains who is getting accused.

Or maybe he's telling the truth and people shouldn't have to put up with that BS.

Could have happened. There are a-holes in the world, so it's definitely possible.

The strength and conditioning coach has been in a similar position in college hoops and the NBA for years. It'd be odd to me that this type of situation had never occurred previously. But also, not unheard of.

King certainly has a lot to gain by making the statement, but it could certainly be true too. IDK.

The racism angle worked beautifully for Justin Fields. Looks like King is simply borrowing from a playbook that's a proven winner for immediate eligibility.
I would imagine if it weren't true he could have played the season and alleged it at the end of the season. Clearly playing on the team was unbearable for him. Racism is everywhere and I kinda resent you accusing King of suggesting that he is making this up. And considering they put a staff member on administrative leave, there is evidence that it is true.

The appropriate response from the coach would be: We don't tolerate racism. It is not acceptable anywhere on this campus or in this program. There will be an investigation and if allegations turn out to be true, we will take appropriate actions.

Instead he says basically nothing. His team is almost entirely white. What's going on in Madison?

Sounds like he said the n word while telling a story. What an idiot.

I'm not buying that it was the strength coach. Leaving the program that you have been with for three years and committed the coach who recruited you while leaving this late in the season? In my opinion, it would take someone higher up in the program to leave a program this late in the season.

The appropriate response from the coach would be: We don't tolerate racism. It is not acceptable anywhere on this campus or in this program. There will be an investigation and if allegations turn out to be true, we will take appropriate actions.

Instead he says basically nothing. His team is almost entirely white. What's going on in Madison?

I have to think the UW legal counsel strictly prohibits Gard for saying anything, regardless of how he intends the comments. How this ultimately reflects on Gard is what did he know, when did he know, what did he do about it or who did he it report to?

Whether or not it matters the strength coach was a Bo Ryan hire.

U mean like when
I have to think the UW legal counsel strictly prohibits Gard for saying anything, regardless of how he intends the comments. How this ultimately reflects on Gard is what did he know, when did he know, what did he do about it or who did he it report to?

Whether or not it matters the strength coach was a Bo Ryan hire.
Paul C commented re: Cepheus? Oh ok

I'm not buying that it was the strength coach. Leaving the program that you have been with for three years and committed the coach who recruited you while leaving this late in the season? In my opinion, it would take someone higher up in the program to leave a program this late in the season.

This didn't age well.

Frankly, this emerging issue gives some clues to Gard's response to the suspension of Davison. It just did not make sense to me that he would go so far out on a limb to defend BD. While BuiltB said this is just what Pitino would do, that never resonated with me. More in Pitino's character would be a recognition that these are kids who can get carried away by their own competitive drives. "He's learning and we'll be guiding him" is more Pitino's style, not the dramatic, "Ive known him for so long..."
Now I get a sense that Gard wasn't really defending Davison, he was defending himself and his program. This makes his behavior more understandable but not any more admirable.

Frankly, this emerging issue gives some clues to Gard's response to the suspension of Davison. It just did not make sense to me that he would go so far out on a limb to defend BD. While BuiltB said this is just what Pitino would do, that never resonated with me. More in Pitino's character would be a recognition that these are kids who can get carried away by their own competitive drives. "He's learning and we'll be guiding him" is more Pitino's style, not the dramatic, "Ive known him for so long..."
Now I get a sense that Gard wasn't really defending Davison, he was defending himself and his program. This makes his behavior more understandable but not any more admirable.
Agree with much of this. Remember though, we brought very shady characters here and yes it was known those kids had bad ethics. People on the recruiting trail knew, our coach knew. Even Pitino likes Brad.

I would imagine if it weren't true he could have played the season and alleged it at the end of the season. Clearly playing on the team was unbearable for him. Racism is everywhere and I kinda resent you accusing King of suggesting that he is making this up. And considering they put a staff member on administrative leave, there is evidence that it is true.

Why would you resent that? You're acting like people haven't made it up for their benefit several times. Like I said earlier, I have no idea what happened but resenting either position without knowing any facts is bizarre.

Agree with much of this. Remember though, we brought very shady characters here and yes it was known those kids had bad ethics. People on the recruiting trail knew, our coach knew. Even Pitino likes Brad.
What did the people on the recruiting trail know?

I’m always curious about this. Hindsight is 20/20 and things people never picked up on are all of a sudden clear signs of future behavior. Were the signs obvious beforehand for them? What I at least can appreciate was that bad behavior wasn’t tolerated and they were kicked out.

Why would you resent that? You're acting like people haven't made it up for their benefit several times. Like I said earlier, I have no idea what happened but resenting either position without knowing any facts is bizarre.
No, but you automatically threw out that he made it up... sometimes what first comes into your mind reflects your belief.

Badger cant help himself protect the lil feller......

This is classic Built.

GH: Wisconsin sucks...

Built: Well now hold on there Hoss because Minnesota sucks just as bad if not worse and everybody likes Wisconsin - even your coach. But I'm frequent this board here because I'm a gopher fan.

Do you get a bonus check from the Badger program for comments like this or just when another Minnesota kid starts for Wisconsin?

Top Bottom