All Things Zeke Nnaji Recruiting Thread (Class of 2019 - Gophers Have Offered)

Exactly. Arizona is/has been proven to be dirty in the past. As such, it's a completely fair question at this point. But I guess some folks must have missed all those federal court cases.

Haven’t missed the federal court cases.

It’s the same thing over and over again on this board. Local kid goes somewhere other than the home school and the conspiracy theories come out.

It’s highly more likely he picked Arizona because that is where he wants to go other than he was paid to go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t missed the federal court cases.

It’s the same thing over and over again on this board. Local kid goes somewhere other than the home school and the conspiracy theories come out.

It’s highly more likely he picked Arizona because that is where he wants to go other than he was paid to go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except this isn't some dreamed up, out of the blue "conspiracy" without evidence as you put it. It's been proven, in a court of law no less, that this has been Arizona's approach with high level recruits in the past. Maybe he got paid, maybe he didn't. But this isn't as simple as locals getting butthurt about a recruit going elsewhere.

If you want to think of it as on the up and up, fine. But considering Arizona's track record, it's a perfectly legitimate point.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Hopkins' Zeke Nnaji is the Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year

He's 6-11, a slender-but-sturdy 215 pounds, with broad shoulders, long arms and oh-so-smooth on-court demeanor.

If colleges were to design a prototype for the kind of player they covet, Hopkins senior Zeke Nnaji, the 2019 Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year, would be the perfect model.

But it takes more than winning the physique lottery to be an elite-level high school-age basketball player, something Nnaji recognized at the end of his junior season. To get where he wanted to go, it was time to put in the work.

So he left the Howard Pulley AAU program and took his vast potential to rival D1 Minnesota.

"It was all about skill development," Nnaji said. "The coaches there really took that seriously. Most of the practices were about skill development. They helped me work on my weaknesses and develop as a player."

D1 Minnesota won its division in the Adidas Gauntlet national summer basketball circuit and finished third overall. The team featured big names in Minnesota high school basketball, including Matthew Hurt of Rochester John Marshall, Tyrell Terry of DeLaSalle and Tyler Wahl of Lakeville North. But the greatest buzz around the team was Nnaji's emergence as a big-time prospect.

http://www.startribune.com/hopkins-...r-tribune-metro-player-of-the-year/507330122/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom