All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

The Walking Dead returned tonight.

Honestly, at this point, I think I'm still watching out of habit. I am really tired of the whole "Whisperers" story line.

I think the show worked better with a smaller group of survivors out on the road, trying to survive and encountering people along the way.

The Walking Dead returned tonight.

Honestly, at this point, I think I'm still watching out of habit. I am really tired of the whole "Whisperers" story line.

I think the show worked better with a smaller group of survivors out on the road, trying to survive and encountering people along the way.
Agreed. I don't get excited about the show anymore. It's not bad, just not that great.

Just looked up when season 5 of Billions is going to start. Not until May :cry:

Most definitely one of the best shows on TV.

The second season of Narcos Mexico has been pretty good so far. Not as good as season 1 or the Columbia seasons but still worth watching.

Anybody else watching War of the Worlds, the remake? Its a series available on Comcast-Xfinity and
Apple TV and maybe other streaming services. Im a 1/2 hour into it and I'll give it an A so far.

We just watched the finale of The Good Place. I really enjoy & appreciate the work of Michael Schur (The Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Good Place). He proves you can be hilariously funny without needing to be cruel, vulgar, or raunchy. He's like the opposite of Judd Apatow.

We just watched the finale of The Good Place. I really enjoy & appreciate the work of Michael Schur (The Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Good Place). He proves you can be hilariously funny without needing to be cruel, vulgar, or raunchy. He's like the opposite of Judd Apatow.

I've only heard good things about that show. And all the shows that you mention that Schur has been a big part of, are very good. Now that it's over, I'll have to watch through it.

I watched the first few episodes of The Good Place and I really like it.

I've only heard good things about that show. And all the shows that you mention that Schur has been a big part of, are very good. Now that it's over, I'll have to watch through it.
I'd say The Good Place is the worst of his shows, but still really good. Ted Danson & Kristen Bell make a great team. Parks & Rec and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, though, are pure comedy gold.

I found this on Schur's wiki page: Schur's comedies typically include large, diverse casts and have created break-out stars. His shows feature optimistic characters who often find lasting love and strong friendships, through plots that showcase "good-hearted humanistic warmth." His shows certainly are a breathe of fresh air.

I really enjoy & appreciate the work of Michael Schur (The Office, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Good Place). He proves you can be hilariously funny without needing to be cruel, vulgar, or raunchy.
No, that’s just the blandness of network TV.

Last installment of McMillion$ last night, and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it and the series as a whole. Weighing in at only six hours total, the benefit/cost (time investment / enjoyment) ratio of the series is extremely high.

Last installment of McMillion$ last night, and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it and the series as a whole. Weighing in at only six hours total, the benefit/cost (time investment / enjoyment) ratio of the series is extremely high.
Haven't watched the last piece, probably tonight. The Knights-Oilers game took priority last night. Looking forward to seeing how it wraps up. At first I thought 6 episodes was way too long but it hasn't been that bad, worth watching!

I just watched Escape At Dannemora, now that it's on Prime. Great gritty prison escape series. Excellent acting.

I'd say The Good Place is the worst of his shows, but still really good. Ted Danson & Kristen Bell make a great team. Parks & Rec and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, though, are pure comedy gold.

I found this on Schur's wiki page: Schur's comedies typically include large, diverse casts and have created break-out stars. His shows feature optimistic characters who often find lasting love and strong friendships, through plots that showcase "good-hearted humanistic warmth." His shows certainly are a breathe of fresh air.
So his shows aren't realistic then?;)

Watched the first episode. Did not enjoy it like I thought I would.

It strikes me like this: just tell me what happened. The one FBI to me is more annoying than entertaining. Is it going to be six hours of this guy spouting off?? That certainly did not hook me. It pushed me away.

Watched the first episode. Did not enjoy it like I thought I would.

It strikes me like this: just tell me what happened. The one FBI to me is more annoying than entertaining. Is it going to be six hours of this guy spouting off?? That certainly did not hook me. It pushed me away.
You must be a joy around the campfire! ;)

Thanks to corona and no sports, I watched the Netflix "Dracula" show over the weekend. Apparently done by the same people who did the Benedict Cumberbatch version of "Sherlock."

3 90-minute episodes.

Really liked the first two episodes. the 3rd episode went off the rails a little bit for me. Trying to avoid spoilers, but there was a big shift in tone and setting for the 3rd episode. Also, the 1st two episodes were at least somewhat connected to the original novel. the 3rd episode was a big departure from the novel.

Same feeling about the cast. Liked a lot of the cast for the 1st 2 episodes. didn't like the newer characters they brought in for the final episode.

Overall, it's worth watching - especially these days when choices are limited.

Westworld season 3 premiered last night.

I had very mixed feelings about the first two seasons. Season 1 was mostly interesting. Season 2 was very hot and cold. Lot of duds, but also a couple of the best episodes of TV I’ve ever seen period.

First episode was very action packed and very futuristic. Barely seems like the same show. Have no real idea what the plot is or what the show wants to be at this point.

Will tune in for episode 2.

Sucks.....the fourth season of Fargo has been delayed because they had to shut down production due to the coronavirus. Was set to premier on April 19th....and now it doesn't have a set date.

Currently re-watching the first season. Truly one of the best shows ever made, in my opinion.

Sucks.....the fourth season of Fargo has been delayed because they had to shut down production due to the coronavirus. Was set to premier on April 19th....and now it doesn't have a set date.

Currently re-watching the first season. Truly one of the best shows ever made, in my opinion.
First two seasons were great. Billy Bob and Martin Freeman were outstanding.

Third season was ... more weird than great, but still good.

First two seasons were great. Billy Bob and Martin Freeman were outstanding.

Third season was ... more weird than great, but still good.

Still very, very good. But not quite as good as the first two. I don't think it's out of line to say that the first two seasons rival anything that HBO has ever done. I have very high hopes for season 4. Chris Rock in the leading role could be dynamite.

I'm not a fan of casting funny men in serious roles. Even if they're great, it's hard for me to believe them in the role.

Hope it works well!

I'm not a fan of casting funny men in serious roles. Even if they're great, it's hard for me to believe them in the role.

Hope it works well!

I'm of the belief that good writing and directing makes up for most deficiencies of an actor/actress. Even great actors make absolute stinkers when the writing is poor.

I realize that Dolomite is My Name is a comedy....but it's also very much a biography about an eccentric character. Most people, including myself, were pretty surprised by the range Eddie Murphy showed. Deserved all of the accolades he received.

I think that Chris Rock will be put in a good position here. I mean....Fargo is kind of a dramedy. Lots of quirky characters shine.

Speaking of Fargo, I forgot to mention that one of my favorite actors had a decent amount of screen time in season two: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zahn_McClarnon

Think the guy is a gem. Really enjoyed the episode of Westworld season 2 that focused on his character. Was honestly one of the best episodes of TV I've seen, any show, period.

I don't dig into Amazon Prime much.....but there are a few shows that I've been meaning to check out. I'm only halfway through the first episode on 'The Boys'......and it is very promising. Superhero show where many of the superheros are all questionable characters. Anti-heros. And it's hard 'R' material. Definitely not Avengers type content. I'll report back after I've seen a bit more. But I'm still finishing up Deadwood.....so things might get muddled.

I've also heard nothing but fantastic things about 'Fleabag'.....also on Amazon Prime. So that's definitely next.
I finally had time to watch The Boys and really liked it. Definitely different than your normal superhero shows.

From what I hear, yes. I never invested in True Detective and never watched The Night Of, although I'm sure I'd love the latter.
Season 1 of True Detective is one of the best shows I've ever watched. And I think it's only 8 episodes. I would highly, highly recommend checking it out. Season 2, okay, not great; Season 3 should/could/would have been really, really good but damn, I just had a helluva time understanding what Mahershala Ali's character was saying most of the time. I know it was his character, but the mumbling and talking under his breath was just maddening at times. But a great story line and great acting.

I scrolled through the last several pages here and was surprised I didn't see anyone mention "Ozark" on Netflix. We just finished plowing through all 3 seasons. It was pretty good, me and the Mrs both really liked it, but every now and then frustrating. Jason Bateman is really good, in just about everything he does. Looks like there will definitely be a 4th season.

Semi looking for something to start watching now still being on "work from home" mode. I read my first Michael Connelly book a month ago or so and that, along with some really good ratings, prompted me to watch "Bosch" on Amazon Prime. Only watched the first episode of Season 1, but I think I'll give it a go.

Also want to start trying some of the Narcos but that may have to wait.

Hey, has anyone watched the "Picard" series on CBS All-Access? For non-trekkers, Patrick Stewart is once again playing the character of Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek-The Next Generation and several movies.

I am not a subscriber to CBS All-Access, but they're making it available for free for two months, so I might check it out. Just wondering if anyone has been watching it.

Top Bottom