All Things Rich Pitino Contract Details, Questions, Answers, etc.

UofMdad

Reaction score
First, Thank you GL for the info and URL. I got tired of hunting and pecking different threads to find it. Hope it is ok to put it under a new thread. If not, I am sure this thread will be gone shortly.

From GL: "Here's the deadspin article that just was put up with his contract details:"

http://deadspin.com/heres-richard-pi...ium=socialflow

Question: Coach Pitino will get $50,000.00 to use the jet. I realize it depends on the distance/per hour of flight time etc., but how far will that money go on the recruiting trail and is it enough? Thanks

Wow! I wasn't expecting $1.2m. I thought we would have gotten him at $1.0m or less, with room to renegotiate when other schools come calling.

Question: Coach Pitino will get $50,000.00 to use the jet. I realize it depends on the distance/per hour of flight time etc., but how far will that money go on the recruiting trail and is it enough? Thanks

I agree, this seems like a small sum. Maybe 8-10 flights per year, depending on distance.

I agree, this seems like a small sum. Maybe 8-10 flights per year, depending on distance.

Wow, that's not nearly enough $$ to recruit coast to coast. Wonder if any corp. or individual booster could loan their private jet for coach to use, or make great use of 'TELECOMMUTING VIA SKYPE.'

Wow! I wasn't expecting $1.2m. I thought we would have gotten him at $1.0m or less, with room to renegotiate when other schools come calling.

Especially since he was making $250K

No bonus for finishing 7th or higher in the conference or being seeded 9th or higher in the Big Ten Tournament? Tubby had that, didn't he?

Tweet from doogie:

If there's confusion, Pitino's jet allowance is independent of any donor jet use. That directly from the U athletic dept business guy.4:01pm*&^!#- 5 Apr 13

Tweet from doogie:

If there's confusion, Pitino's jet allowance is independent of any donor jet use. That directly from the U athletic dept business guy.4:01pm*&^!#- 5 Apr 13

Exactly. This is what the U of M is providing. A donor can offer use of his/her jet whenever he/she would like at no cost.

Exactly. This is what the U of M is providing. A donor can offer use of his/her jet whenever he/she would like at no cost.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't want the U or Pitino getting in trouble for using my Gulfstream V.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't want the U or Pitino getting in trouble for using my Gulfstream V.

But station19 and Parski1 will allow usage of their Piper Cub really cheap.

Regardless, I think we can safely say that NT is a supportive AD who goes the extra mile to get his coaches what they need. Apparently Jerry Kill absolutely loves the guy.

But station19 and Parski1 will allow usage of their Piper Cub really cheap.

Parski's not my buddy anymore, he ripped Bleed.

Meanwhile I'm a close personal friend of Denny Crane. I'll see if we can get his Gulfstream.

He's going to lock down the kid from Borneo and then he's done... (I had the same question... no idea)

You should be able to prepay $50k for ~20 hours of flight time.

I find the jet inclusion in the contract to be mostly symbolic. Other schools don't put anything in the contract, but allow expensive private flights. Still other schools include something in the contract, but will allow the coach to go over if it's needed. I'd suspect (you'd hope) that would be the case -- if it's important to get somewhere quickly, a school should have a coaches back.

A $20k bill for a flight or two sounds like a lot, but you're talking about very highly compensated employees. It's all relative.

I wouldn't focus on the amount - focus on the fact that something is there. Symbolic.

You should be able to prepay $50k for ~20 hours of flight time.

I find the jet inclusion in the contract to be mostly symbolic. Other schools don't put anything in the contract, but allow expensive private flights. Still other schools include something in the contract, but will allow the coach to go over if it's needed. I'd suspect (you'd hope) that would be the case -- if it's important to get somewhere quickly, a school should have a coaches back.

A $20k bill for a flight or two sounds like a lot, but you're talking about very highly compensated employees. It's all relative.

I wouldn't focus on the amount - focus on the fact that something is there. Symbolic.

+1

6 season tickets to football? Club level suite on the 50 I would assume.

Top Bottom