All Things Race Thompson Recruitment Thread - Class of 2018, Gophers Have Offered

Have the Gophers ever had anyone commit on zoom? Tonight will be the first!

Everybody in their family played D1 sports, impressive.

Ben making Fox wait until Race makes a decision?
How many years of eligibility does Fox have left?

Did some research:
-Race 2 Years Left
-Fox 2 Years
-Robbins 2 Years
-Johnson 1 Year
-Ihnen 3 Years

That'a lotta bodies. Fox and Race will have to earn playing time if they all come/stay. I hope Battle is a 3.

Last edited:

Being from Rochester, I would love this! The Thompson family is first class. We all know and love Darrell, but for any of you that have met Darrell's dad, George, you'll know what I mean about first class.

Hopefully the delay is just getting the twitter graphics guy to make the announcement image like the others have done.

Hopefully

I get it if Race wanted to be away from home and I doubt that has changed. We’ll see.
I think Race reclassified to get to Indiana on an open scholarship when Miller was hired. I believe the gophers were out of scholarships for that year. Obviously he could have waited a year but maybe was sick of high school.
I could be wrong. This is just off the top of my head.

I mean obviously everything has changed, at both situations now. They (him and pops) surely will or have also 'interviewed' with Woodson, about what his plan is for IU in 21-22 and how Race would fit in with that.

I think it will come down honestly to whichever coach promises a bigger role and in combination with what the realistic expectations are over the next two years for the team's prospects for the team to do something meaningful.

I mean obviously everything has changed, at both situations now. They (him and pops) surely will or have also 'interviewed' with Woodson, about what his plan is for IU in 21-22 and how Race would fit in with that.

I think it will come down honestly to whichever coach promises a bigger role and in combination with what the realistic expectations are over the next two years for the team's prospects for the team to do something meaningful.
I wouldn't be surprised if it shapes up as a difficult decision, but at least he has clarity on the situation there.

Top Bottom