All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant the Purdue uniforms and the NEW Oregon uniforms. I knew Purdue’s were new this year but I haven’t seen them in action until the Pizza Bowl yesterday.
With Nike showing off Oregon’s new look; you can see that this is obviously Nike’s new design template for uniforms. Flywire collar, multiple fabric types, the potential for pant striping with odd cut off points due to the different fabric seams and jersey shoulders that have some simulated pattern in them.

Home jersey: gold flywire collar, gold numbers (same font as the helmet numbers) and the simulated brick pattern on the shoulders.
Away jersey: maroon flywire collar, maroon numbers, no brick pattern (makes sense for home not on the road)
The pants are anybody’s guess.

And maybe Nike will make up some glove salutes with the block M or Goldy’s big ‘ol head.
mzvdn.jpg

As far as the color black – make an outline on numbers, or the mortar lines in the brick pattern, undershirts, shoes, gloves. Who knows but I doubt it wil be anything major. Doesn’t Goldy have a black stripe down the middle of his tail?

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant the Purdue uniforms and the NEW Oregon uniforms. I knew Purdue’s were new this year but I haven’t seen them in action until the Pizza Bowl yesterday.
With Nike showing off Oregon’s new look; you can see that this is obviously Nike’s new design template for uniforms. Flywire collar, multiple fabric types, the potential for pant striping with odd cut off points due to the different fabric seams and jersey shoulders that have some simulated pattern in them.

Home jersey: gold flywire collar, gold numbers (same font as the helmet numbers) and the simulated brick pattern on the shoulders.
Away jersey: maroon flywire collar, maroon numbers, no brick pattern (makes sense for home not on the road)
The pants are anybody’s guess.

And maybe Nike will make up some glove salutes with the block M or Goldy’s big ‘ol head.
View attachment 1347

As far as the color black – make an outline on numbers, or the mortar lines in the brick pattern, undershirts, shoes, gloves. Who knows but I doubt it wil be anything major. Doesn’t Goldy have a black stripe down the middle of his tail?
Some real good deduction here. Nice work!

I'm glad we're getting rid of the glitter. "Hey Notre Dame - Sha Na Na called. They want their gold lamé back."

Baylor with new matte green helmets and black facemasks! Oh my.
Its a nice look. Maroon will be better.

And Notre Dame's helmets are awesome. Representing the golden dome well. Pretty cool process to make ND's helmets - hydro printing. They had a 15 min video released a couple of months ago talking about them.

Baylor with new matte green helmets and black facemasks! Oh my.
Its a nice look. Maroon will be better.

And Notre Dame's helmets are awesome. Representing the golden dome well. Pretty cool process to make ND's helmets - hydro printing. They had a 15 min video released a couple of months ago talking about them.

Baylor's unis are nice, but I like Washington's much more. The matte green is sharp but you can't beat Washington's classic look. What I like about both teams jerseys are the large numbers on the sleeves. I'd be happy with unis similar to either team.

Hopefully we have a little more flair with our jerseys than Purdue's. Talk about boring.

As to the idea of a brick pattern, especially on the shoulders, I like it. However, I don't see any of the traditionalist tightwads at the U letting Nike get that out of control with our unis unless it's a pro combat in the future, because that's a pretty drastic departure from anything that we've ever done. We are, after all, passive-aggressive Minnesota. Don't offend the public with anything too flashy.

Anyone know when "mid January" is supposed to be for the unveiling of the jerseys? Will they be doing the same teaser images like they did with the helmets?

Hopefully we have a little more flair with our jerseys than Purdue's. Talk about boring.

As to the idea of a brick pattern, especially on the shoulders, I like it. However, I don't see any of the traditionalist tightwads at the U letting Nike get that out of control with our unis unless it's a pro combat in the future, because that's a pretty drastic departure from anything that we've ever done. We are, after all, passive-aggressive Minnesota. Don't offend the public with anything too flashy.
For some, the piping on the last uniforms was too flashy.

For some, the piping on the last uniforms was too flashy.

No, that wasn't the issue with them.. The issue was piping doesn't look at that great and it was about 6 years too late to the party. At that point, it just looked like they tried too hard.

Anyone know when "mid January" is supposed to be for the unveiling of the jerseys? Will they be doing the same teaser images like they did with the helmets?

I was one of the winners to go to the unveiling event, and I haven't heard anything yet as far as dates go. I may email them back in a bit if I don't hear from them in the next day or two. As far as the teaser stuff goes, no word on that either.

I was one of the winners to go to the unveiling event, and I haven't heard anything yet as far as dates go. I may email them back in a bit if I don't hear from them in the next day or two. As far as the teaser stuff goes, no word on that either.

Hey hey, I'm the OTHER winner of the golden ticket to the unveiling event! I had the same fear about not hearing anything yet.

I'm going to try to give them the rest of the week to get at me first. Today was prob their first day back and they were probably swamped with work, etc.

Although, I'm coming from Michigan, so I def need as much notice as possible to book a flight and stuff. I want to bug him, but I don't wanna be "that guy" until it's absolutely necessary. :)

Hey hey, I'm the OTHER winner of the golden ticket to the unveiling event! I had the same fear about not hearing anything yet. Andy had told me before the holidays they were looking at the 20th possibly. Had to see if Kill was free, etc.

I'm going to try to give them the rest of the week to get at me first. Today was prob their first day back and they were probably swamped with work, etc.

Although, I'm coming from Michigan, so I def need as much notice as possible to book a flight and stuff. I want to bug him, but I don't wanna be "that guy" until it's absolutely necessary. :)

Awesome stuff. Hopefully it'll work out for me schedule-wise (I might have to dip out of work early). You totally have a good reason to be 'that guy' though. Bug him! =)

They finally are not USC colors, which I personally find to be just ugly as hell. I would like them to be even darker, as in the maroon equivalent of PSU's colors. Like the maroon in Murray's years.

Formo said:

Keep us up to date on what's going on with the unveiling you get to attend.

Formo....keep us updated!

They finally are not USC colors, which I personally find to be just ugly as hell. I would like them to be even darker, as in the maroon equivalent of PSU's colors. Like the maroon in Murray's years.

This is just a semi-educated guess, but I don't think the colors will change because the U and Nike tried to standardize our colors among all the programs (finally). I believe we were a Nike school during the last uniform change (correct me if I'm wrong), so I don't see the colors changing. Also, any darker would be brown :)

The Mason era uniforms were the ones that were USC colors.

i'm sure we will get information about jersey teasers or whatever once students are back from break and the next semester is started up.

The date and time are set - e-mail from the U:

"Dear XXX,

Want to be apart of the exclusive VIP unveiling of the new Gopher football uniforms for the 2012 season, featuring host Mike Grimm, Coach Jerry Kill, and players MarQueis Grey, Mike Rallis and Keanon Cooper? Register today for your chance to attend!

We will choose 20 lucky season ticket holders for this exclusive event. The unveiling will take place in the Gopher Football Locker Room at TCF Bank Stadium on Friday, January 20, 2012 at 4:00 p.m. Winners will be selected this Friday. Each winner will be able to bring one (1) guest and will receive complimentary parking. ***All winners will be called this Friday afternoon to confirm attendance.

How do you register? Log in to your season ticket account on mygophersports.com (user name listed above). On your account home page, select yes when asked to Register to Win: Enter for your chance to attend the Gopher Football Uniform Unveiling, then click Apply Changes.

Go Gophers!"

The date and time are set - e-mail from the U:

"Dear XXX,

Want to be apart of the exclusive VIP unveiling of the new Gopher football uniforms for the 2012 season, featuring host Mike Grimm, Coach Jerry Kill, and players MarQueis Grey, Mike Rallis and Keanon Cooper? Register today for your chance to attend!

We will choose 20 lucky season ticket holders for this exclusive event. The unveiling will take place in the Gopher Football Locker Room at TCF Bank Stadium on Friday, January 20, 2012 at 4:00 p.m. Winners will be selected this Friday. Each winner will be able to bring one (1) guest and will receive complimentary parking. ***All winners will be called this Friday afternoon to confirm attendance.

How do you register? Log in to your season ticket account on mygophersports.com (user name listed above). On your account home page, select yes when asked to Register to Win: Enter for your chance to attend the Gopher Football Uniform Unveiling, then click Apply Changes.

Go Gophers!"

Nice!! Hopefully more of you guys will be attending then! If so, there should be a GH meet 'n greet.

That said, I knew about the time/date for about a week now.. And ever since I found out, time has been DRAGGING! I can't wait!

Formo said:
Nice!! Hopefully more of you guys will be attending then! If so, there should be a GH meet 'n greet.

That said, I knew about the time/date for about a week now.. And ever since I found out, time has been DRAGGING! I can't wait!

You at least knew time and date and didn't share with Gopherhole? By the way how did you win???

You at least knew time and date and didn't share with Gopherhole? By the way how did you win???

I was sworn to secrecy by The U! lol

I won the Facebook contest when they were revealing pictures of the helmet.

MyGopherSports Contest

Has anyone been able to enter the drawing at MyGopherSports.com? I've logged-in to my account three times and in two different browsers now, but can't seem to find the place on the site where this happens: "On your account home page, select yes when asked to Register to Win: Enter for your chance to attend the Gopher Football Uniform Unveiling, then click Apply Changes."

Has anyone been able to enter the drawing at MyGopherSports.com? I've logged-in to my account three times and in two different browsers now, but can't seem to find the place on the site where this happens: "On your account home page, select yes when asked to Register to Win: Enter for your chance to attend the Gopher Football Uniform Unveiling, then click Apply Changes."

The same thing happened to me. I used two browsers...nothing.

are you sure you guys are looking in the right place for it on mygophersports.com? if so and still can't find it, i would recommend shooting an email to the webmaster or the U of M athletic department with your question on how to go about registering on the site and exactly where the "option" to register is located on the site.

I'm a rube. I just signed up for my "chance to win". I've got kids so that can be my excuse to go if I win. I will drag one of them along. In terms of signing up, you need to go into the area where you normally manage the settings for your account on Gopher sports website. Login and then select the "my account" tab (farthest to the right). It appears on the bottom under "additional information". I agree, it isn't easy to find.

The directions in the e-mail suck b/c they make it sound like a pop up or something will appear. Let me get logged in to my account and I'll post a screenshot of where you go. :)

Top Bottom