All Things Nathan Reuvers Recruitment Thread - UPDATED: wisconsin commit

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I will defer to people who have actually seen Nathan play, but from what I have read (and the little I have seen) he seems like a great prospect. The kid is 6'9 or 6'10 and by all accounts he's taken a huge step forward in the last year. Big guys develop later and I wouldn't be surprised if he's the second ranked prospect in Minnesota in the 2017 class before kids start signing LOI's in the Fall.

I'd be pretty bummed if the Gophers lost him to Wisconsin, but think he'll get that Notre Dame offer this Spring/Summer.

I'd like to see both the big men come to Minnesota, Trent can go wherever. Trent's not showing up to get his all-tourney team trophy is an indication of his attitude. I'd rather have two guys who will make it to at least their junior years than a high profile one and done who will play selfishly and be bad for team chemistry.

Agreed, I would love to get both John and Reuvers. I think their skills would complement each other well and I think it would go a long way in solidifying the front court for years to come.

I'd like to see both the big men come to Minnesota, Trent can go wherever. Trent's not showing up to get his all-tourney team trophy is an indication of his attitude. I'd rather have two guys who will make it to at least their junior years than a high profile one and done who will play selfishly and be bad for team chemistry.

Lol you can say what you want about Trent's attitude, but I've never seen him play selfishly or that Apple Valley has particularly bad chemistry. Does he take a lot of shots? Yes, but he has the talent to do so...rarely do you see him jack up a bad shot early in the possession.

Do we still just have 1 open scholarship? I don't remember if we had 1 before or after Jarvis. I'm hoping that the fact that we haven't heard about any transfers yet is a good sign that no one is leaving the program.

I will defer to people who have actually seen Nathan play, but from what I have read (and the little I have seen) he seems like a great prospect. The kid is 6'9 or 6'10 and by all accounts he's taken a huge step forward in the last year. Big guys develop later and I wouldn't be surprised if he's the second ranked prospect in Minnesota in the 2017 class before kids start signing LOI's in the Fall.

I'd be pretty bummed if the Gophers lost him to Wisconsin, but think he'll get that Notre Dame offer this Spring/Summer.

Nathan is what we used to call a "pure shooter." His form is natural and flawless. He has great hands and an ability to pass the ball that goes under appreciated I think. As others have said, he is thin, but he may only be 16. From what I have seen on the Gophers roster, anyone who can shoot the ball should be welcomed with open arms. There will be no character issues with him either. That alone helps him climb the demand ladder in comparison to equally talented players.

Lol you can say what you want about Trent's attitude, but I've never seen him play selfishly or that Apple Valley has particularly bad chemistry. Does he take a lot of shots? Yes, but he has the talent to do so...rarely do you see him jack up a bad shot early in the possession.

"Selfishness increases a you get closer to the pot of gold." - I'm almost sure someone smart or famous said this

Honestly Gary Trent JR shouldn't even be on the team's radar at this point. It's wasting our time, his time and anybody else's who may think he just might pick us. It's not happening, so don't even think about him. If there were a reason at all to be in the AV gym or watching that team, it's to foster a relationship with Tre Jones. That may even be a pipe dream 4 months from now, but he's the only reason to be around that area.

Give me Wright, Reuvers and John and I'll be happy with the 2017 class. Gotta find a way to clear another scholarship though. I'm assuming Gaston is out, and Buggs' goes to one. Don't know where a third one would come from but guys come and go all the time.

I think we sometimes get scared that it will be the 200lb version of Reuvers and 4 guards in the big ten. I think Reuvers is a great offensive talent and with 30lbs of weight he should be ok on defense. You would definitely want to pair him with a physical athlete like John, Mbakwe, type player. Reuvers can shoot and stretch the floor giving that physical post a lot of room underneath to operate. I am not sure Rickert was any heavier as a junior and he was a fantastic player in the big ten.

Honestly Gary Trent JR shouldn't even be on the team's radar at this point. It's wasting our time, his time and anybody else's who may think he just might pick us. It's not happening, so don't even think about him. If there were a reason at all to be in the AV gym or watching that team, it's to foster a relationship with Tre Jones. That may even be a pipe dream 4 months from now, but he's the only reason to be around that area.

Give me Wright, Reuvers and John and I'll be happy with the 2017 class. Gotta find a way to clear another scholarship though. I'm assuming Gaston is out, and Buggs' goes to one. Don't know where a third one would come from but guys come and go all the time.

the Fergus pg is nicer than tre-tre is living off his brothers name.

I am not sure Rickert was any heavier as a junior and he was a fantastic player in the big ten.

Rickert was a toothpick and it's didn't hold him back... DJ played that 4 at 190lbs dripping wet, 195 as a RS senior.

What I have seen of Reuvers is that he is long, runs the floor really well for a big guy has a nice shot and hustles whenever he is on the court. He looks legit to me. I wish that we would have gotten the last prospect from Lakeville (Macura) so I hope that we don't miss out on Reuvers.

I think we sometimes get scared that it will be the 200lb version of Reuvers and 4 guards in the big ten. I think Reuvers is a great offensive talent and with 30lbs of weight he should be ok on defense. You would definitely want to pair him with a physical athlete like John, Mbakwe, type player. Reuvers can shoot and stretch the floor giving that physical post a lot of room underneath to operate. I am not sure Rickert was any heavier as a junior and he was a fantastic player in the big ten.

If you're looking for another Mbakwe type, check out Daniel Oturu from Cretin. I'm surprised he hasn't been discussed more on this board.

Is Reuvers a 5? I'd assumed from watching him that he'd make a potentially very good college PF. Long, nice touch, good passer but not a beefy guy who's going to put fear into guys in the paint.

He looks more like a Jon Leur type who has good skills - He was a big time late-bloomer if I remember right. I'd take 75% of what he became with Wiscy.

Oturu doesn't look to have near the hops Mbawkwe has.

Rivals and everyone with half a brain who has watched the two.

I've only watched Tre three or four times but not a great shooter, average at best, doesn't have the out of this world non tangibles that his brother had, court presence, passing ability, etc.. More physical than his brother but I don't think as quick, I just don't see him as a top 50 recruit, he's only a sophomore so who knows

Is Reuvers a 5? I'd assumed from watching him that he'd make a potentially very good college PF. Long, nice touch, good passer but not a beefy guy who's going to put fear into guys in the paint. He looks more like a Jon Leur type who has good skills - He was a big time late-bloomer if I remember right. I'd take 75% of what he became with Wiscy.

Right now I'd say he'd be a 3 or a 4.

Reuvers is not a 3. He isn't quick enough or explosive enough. He is a stretch 4, face up type player and a very good one at that. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You may very well be right. But I don't think it's crazy to say he could play some 3 at the next level. Still a young kid.

I think Reuvers could play some three down the road, He is pretty skilled for a young big. You could look at it also in the way he would be a tough cover for smaller threes. It's about match ups and who you have playing your other spots as well. Threes don't have to be Andrew Wiggins type athletes all of the time. They can be Georges Niang types or Jarod Uthoff.

I think Reuvers could play some three down the road, He is pretty skilled for a young big. You could look at it also in the way he would be a tough cover for smaller threes. It's about match ups and who you have playing your other spots as well. Threes don't have to be Andrew Wiggins type athletes all of the time. They can be Georges Niang types or Jarod Uthoff.

Niang plays the 4 and the 5 for ISU, Uthoff plays the 4 for Iowa. Someone who's 6'9/6'10 can't play the 3 unless they're an exceptional athlete

Niang plays the 4 and the 5 for ISU, Uthoff plays the 4 for Iowa. Someone who's 6'9/6'10 can't play the 3 unless they're an exceptional athlete
That's where Uthoff will play in the NBA but of course there aren't exceptional athletes there. Too many people get hung up on the 3,4,5 deal.

Top Bottom