All Things Michael Hurt Rochester JM (Class of 2016)

Here's some pretty good footage of the Hurt brothers and Jarvis.

Highlights From Hardwood Elite "The League":

Highlights From Hardwood Elite "The League": http://youtu.be/tqroxeG-xpE

Jarvis is pretty sensational in the highlites. Matthew Hurt is between 7th and 8th grade in this playing against seniors
and looks very skilled and confident and impressive. Michael Hurt looks like I've said all along, worthy of an offer. Smart, athletic with potential.

60's never said Gophs should not offer. Hurt is over rated at 59th. He will drop this summer. Rating pretty much based on one strong Addidas camp. Mike will get more exposure this year playing a full AAU at 17s vs 16s and attending more National camps...Osseo game plan was a dud vs John Marshall. Good coaches sometimes have bad game plans. James has been wrong on players just like everyone else. ...JM plays a very soft schedule for a 4A team . Austin a 5-6 3A team gave JM a pretty solid beating. Pretty lame to rip 60's Guy. He never said the U should not offer Hurt !!.

Highlights From Hardwood Elite "The League":

Man Jarvis looks like the real deal in that clip

Thanks for posting the clip. I really like Michaels footwork. Let's just hope Wisky doesn't offer and get this kid. Seems like a natural fit in Bo Ryan's system.

Man, Jarvis is going to be a stud. Super quick with amazing handles and can jump out of the gym. Looks like his jumper is improving (form).

Mike Hurt is good, but overrated in the 50s national rank. I do not see him sustaining that ranking, but if he does, good for him. I think a gopher offer is fine but I would be fine with him going somewhere else also. Think he is more of a mid major player at this point (don't jump down my throat GH, just an opinion). His brother is going to be a stud though!

Man, Jarvis is going to be a stud. Super quick with amazing handles and can jump out of the gym. Looks like his jumper is improving (form).

Mike Hurt is good, but overrated in the 50s national rank. I do not see him sustaining that ranking, but if he does, good for him. I think a gopher offer is fine but I would be fine with him going somewhere else also. Think he is more of a mid major player at this point (don't jump down my throat GH, just an opinion). His brother is going to be a stud though!

Why not get both Michael and Matthew? It just has to be a good omen to have a roster full of Hurt.

Michael seems to have a little bit of Sam Dekker in him. Kind of a savvy combo forward. His younger bro does look legit. I'd love to have both.

Jarvis is pretty sensational in the highlites. Matthew Hurt is between 7th and 8th grade in this playing against seniors
and looks very skilled and confident and impressive. Michael Hurt looks like I've said all along, worthy of an offer. Smart, athletic with potential.

No way is this video against top flight competition or is it against only seniors. Look at the Jarvis clips, at 2:52 it looks like my 10 YO nephew is playing help defense.

Jarvis looks like a man child in these videos, most likey because he is a man going against children. He's still very quick, very talented, and I'm very excited to see him.

2016 Xavier Johnson from Hopkins looks good in this clip too. Haven't had a chance to watch him. Anyone have a scouting report?

I'm just offering my opinion. I've seen him play 7 to 10 games in the last three years. It's just what I see. And Michael Hurt could be Carlos Morris but I don't think so. The athleticism is there.

I have heard Hurt is 6-7 now. Even at 6-6 190 that 247 has him at he would be a legitimate true sf. Imagine a 6-7 200 sf by the time he suits up. Morris is a lith sg playing sf really. Maybe 6-5 in shoes and about 170 lbs.

I'm just saying may not be the best comparison. Morris is super quick and athletic but his body type will not cary weight easily. This team hasnt had a legit sized sf in a while who was athletic and could both cover 3pt shooters on the perimeter and bang inside for rebounds. (Quincy, Greer, johnson, bond, etc)

No way is this video against top flight competition or is it against only seniors. Look at the Jarvis clips, at 2:52 it looks like my 10 YO nephew is playing help defense.

Jarvis looks like a man child in these videos, most likey because he is a man going against children. He's still very quick, very talented, and I'm very excited to see him.

I agree completely. My gosh people...lol Did I say ONLY seniors? What grade is Jarvis in? What grade is Michael Hurt in...he is not a senior either, besides his hometown program listing him as such. Did I say anything about the competition? You can say it's bad. I can't. I already pissed everybody off pointing out Michael Hurt has some deficiencies, imo.

I have heard Hurt is 6-7 now. Even at 6-6 190 that 247 has him at he would be a legitimate true sf. Imagine a 6-7 200 sf by the time he suits up. Morris is a lith sg playing sf really. Maybe 6-5 in shoes and about 170 lbs.

I'm just saying may not be the best comparison. Morris is super quick and athletic but his body type will not cary weight easily. This team hasnt had a legit sized sf in a while who was athletic and could both cover 3pt shooters on the perimeter and bang inside for rebounds. (Quincy, Greer, johnson, bond, etc)

I was thinking more of a ceiling regarding ability in my comparison. Michael Hurt, I could be wrong, I'll look next time in a month or so but my impression or recollection is that he is pretty slender as well. For sure he is closer to Morris in stature than he is to say Josh Martin by far.

"Bang inside for rebounds" is definitely not a characteristic I'd use. Jumps well with the athleticism to go pursue the ball, but he's not boxing out, pissing opponents off or a relentless rebounder. Remember he is often taller than most of his opponents in high school.

Michael's strength is scoring.

I agree completely. My gosh people...lol Did I say ONLY seniors? What grade is Jarvis in? What grade is Michael Hurt in...he is not a senior either, besides his hometown program listing him as such. Did I say anything about the competition? You can say it's bad. I can't. I already pissed everybody off pointing out Michael Hurt has some deficiencies, imo.

I didn't mean to imply that you said it was only seniors. Sorry about that.

Like what I see from Hurt. Both Michael and Matthew will be very solid players. Hope to see Michael with the Gophers soon.

No problem...ha

I didn't mean to imply that you said it was only seniors. Sorry about that.

I was mostly joking. I didn't actually think you were picking on me. Just seemed fun to me at moment. Thanks
Agree with your take.

According to Ryan James, Hurt committed to the U tonight!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

According to Ryan James, Hurt committed to the U tonight!

Well, that's pretty cool to wake up to today!

Welcome aboard michael!!! Lefty nation!

Fairbault Daily News: Hurt brothers, in front of Gophers coach Richard Pitino, lead Rochester John Marshall boys over Faribault

Faribault (7-8, 4-8 Big 9) lost to JM (11-4, 9-3) 72-48 earlier this season, and JM junior forward Michael Hurt had 23 points in the win. Hurt was limited to 13 on Friday, but his younger brother, eighth-grader Matthew Hurt, scored 22. Matthew Hurt was out with an injury and didn’t play in the teams’ first meeting.

The Hurt brothers are both Division I prospects, and Minnesota Gophers men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino was at Friday’s game. Michael Hurt has already been offered a scholarship from the Gophers.

http://www.southernminn.com/faribau...cle_48fe4cf2-5f92-5bb3-9c17-398684ffc846.html

Go Gophers!!

Curious, since I've never seen Michael play, but is there any comparison in playing style and body type to Michael Bauer from Clem's '90s teams? From the descriptions I read Bauer is always the comp that pops into my head.

Go Gophers!!

GO Gophers!!

Gophers will put the Hurt on lots of teams in the future.

Top Bottom