All Things Gophers Vs UTSA

Getting back to something related to the upcoming game, I hope Payne does better than what he showed in game 1. I was hoping for a big jump in his offensive game from his freshman year, something like Oturu’s sophomore season.

Getting back to something related to the upcoming game, I hope Payne does better than what he showed in game 1. I was hoping for a big jump in his offensive game from his freshman year, something like Oturu’s sophomore season.
He just needs to stay healthy in these games. Besides maybe losing some opportunities to pad his stats for potential awards, I think we just want him available for the real games as we actually have enough talent to beat most of the non-conference teams without him.

OK gang, help me out.

back in the old AWA pro wrestling days, there was a wrestler who Mean Gene would always introduce as being "from parts unknown."

I can't remember who it was and a google search didn't turn up anything.

I'm pretty sure it was a heel (or villain if you don't speak wrestling)
Pampero Firpo?

the more I think, it could have been the Super Destroyers tag-team who were from "Parts Unknown."
speaking of AWA quotes:
"that hold is barred - and it should be banned!"
There are tons of wrestlers from “Parts Unknown”, it’s been used forever, before Mean Gene (who was awesome and I believe a Gopher). I might not have these right, but I believe the Ultimate Warrior, Demolition, Kane, and Doink the Clown were all from Parts Unknown. It’s a wrestling tradition to give a character some mystique.

Anthony Bourdain’s last show was also called Parts Unknown as a reference to this.

There are tons of wrestlers from “Parts Unknown”, it’s been used forever, before Mean Gene (who was awesome and I believe a Gopher). I might not have these right, but I believe the Ultimate Warrior, Demolition, Kane, and Doink the Clown were all from Parts Unknown. It’s a wrestling tradition to give a character some mystique.

Anthony Bourdain’s last show was also called Parts Unknown as a reference to this.
University of Nebraska. His son, Todd, Gopher hockey player. Was looking up information on Gene because a friend brought him up in conversation about a week ago. Raised on a reservation according to his Wiki page, which I wasn’t aware of. Fabulous at his job. Really enjoyed when he was on. According to my friend, a great guy also in person.

For anyone signing up for Peacock the promo code BIGTENFAN worked to get a full year of the premium version for $39.99.
With your 12 hours into the platform, would you say it’s worth it?

With your 12 hours into the platform, would you say it’s worth it?
Haven't really looked at the shows, but between B1G, some nfl games and some MLB games $40/year isn't bad.

Haven't really looked at the shows, but between B1G, some nfl games and some MLB games $40/year isn't bad.
It’s been awhile, but I ordered it to watch the Tour de France and then went to cancel it. When doing so, the offer of 1.99 a month arose. Not sure if that’s still happening.

University of Nebraska. His son, Todd, Gopher hockey player. Was looking up information on Gene because a friend brought him up in conversation about a week ago. Raised on a reservation according to his Wiki page, which I wasn’t aware of. Fabulous at his job. Really enjoyed when he was on. According to my friend, a great guy also in person.
That's awesome. I wasn't aware of that either.

The following link is to the UTSA school website, a story on tonight's game. Nothing special, type of write-up we'll read 30+ times this season. There's one error though, probably the 2nd or 3rd worst error that could be written.

The following link is to the UTSA school website, a story on tonight's game. Nothing special, type of write-up we'll read 30+ times this season. There's one error though, probably the 2nd or 3rd worst error that could be written.

You'll have to be more specific. Is it that the Gophers are led by Ben Williams or that the game is on Tuesday?

My memory is a little fuzzy, but:
I’m pretty sure it wasn’t "The Very Capable" Kenny Jay.
Or George “Scrap Iron” Gedaski.
Or "Mad Dog” Vachon…

My memory is a little fuzzy, but:
I’m pretty sure it wasn’t "The Very Capable" Kenny Jay.
Or George “Scrap Iron” Gedaski.
Or "Mad Dog” Vachon…
Kenny "Sodbuster" Jay - two thumbs up

Top Bottom