All Things Gophers Basketball 2017 Recruiting Thread

Come on Minnesota kids come play together follow Coffey and hurt and turn Minnesota around in two years and become a power. And this group can say we are the best!! Start a tradition of Minnesota kids kicking ass in Minnesota for years to come.

Come on Minnesota kids come play together follow Coffey and hurt and turn Minnesota around in two years and become a power. And this group can say we are the best!! Start a tradition of Minnesota kids kicking ass in Minnesota for years to come.

Love the enthusiasm and energy!!!

It's not that far fetched, either. Add John and Sims this fall, add Tre Jones in 2018 (with Tyus still here, I'm holding out hope that a strong 2017 puts us in the mix), Matthew Hurt in 2019, and you're looking at national championship caliber team.

per Rayno:

Like all collegiate coaches, Pitino cannot talk about specific recruits per NCAA rules, but he said he hopes to land a guard and a big man in a 2017 class that touts Champlin Park duo Theo John (a 6-9 power forward and center) and McKinley Wright (a 6-foot guard).

“I like the flexibility of bigs playing at the 4 or the 5 and for guards, I like them being able to play multiple positions as well,” Pitino said. “I think for our roster now, we have that, so we’ve got to take the best available guard we can get and the best available big we can get.”

Both John and Wright would seem to fit those criteria.

http://www.startribune.com/pitino-o...the-home-state-is-really-important/388835611/

Go Gophers!!

FWIW, Gophers had offered

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We have been spolied the last couple classes with early commits. Looks like we are going to have to wait until the fall for our first one this year.

We have been spolied the last couple classes with early commits. Looks like we are going to have to wait until the fall for our first one this year.

We still have time. Dorsey Committed in July/June I forget, but Jarvis, McBrayer, Nwankwo were all in September. With 2 scholarships instead of 4 or 5 we'll hold them a little closer this time around.

And Hurt was really early for us. Coffey and Curry were also in Sept.

Also U of M marketing should have a Coffee and Curry night/day at the Barn sometime. Where X number of people get a cup of coffey and a bowl of curry by coming to the game.

Is there a "quiet period" over the summer. I always forget the schedule on recruiting/signing periods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word is Gophers are getting official visits from both Wright and John. Very good sign imo.

Word is Gophers are getting official visits from both Wright and John. Very good sign imo.

Gophers get Wright's first official visit and John's last official. People always say you want the first or last visit, right? Seems promising.

Super hypothetical but let's flash forward like eight months from now and the Wright, Sims and John all sign with the Gophers.

Where does that put their recruiting class ranking nationally? Is it in the 25-35 range?

Gophers get Wright's first official visit and John's last official. People always say you want the first or last visit, right? Seems promising.

Not that I know anything, but intuitively I expect Xavier to be our biggest competitor for Wright.

The optimistic scenario has John committing on his visit. POLLYANNA!!!

John commits after his final visit with us! Wright commits right after his visit and cancels the other trips! Now that is Pollyanna.

John commits after his final visit with us! Wright commits right after his visit and cancels the other trips! Now that is Pollyanna.

At this point, my money would be on something like that happening. If it did, might help with Sims.

And we are down to four.

Good. Prohm not only had the chance to coach Monte Morris at Iowa State last year but he also coached Cameron Payne, who was a first round pick in the 2015 NBA draft at Murray State.

Not sure if that would've been an end all be all, but he's certainly got that edge over the guys Pitino has coached. Plus there'd be playing time as Morris is a senior.

Isaiah Livers has committed to Michigan.

We made Wabissa Bede's final five. Butler, La Salle, UMass, Minnesota, Virginia Tech.

Thought this was interesting. Anyone see a scenario where we take both Wright and Bede?

Thought this was interesting. Anyone see a scenario where we take both Wright and Bede?

Maybe if Pitino plans on over-signing, but I highly doubt it.

Those top 2 PG they are targeting are projected to go to UCLA and Duke, no projections for Cuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
One never knows, those guys all scramble to change their predictions in the we hours before a commitment, it's why they are rarely wrong. Syracuse hasn't offered him yet, which means they must feel good about their chances or PG isn't a priority. I'll be nervous though if they do offer, same with if Sims gets a UNC offer

Top Bottom