All Things Emmanuel Karmo (Robbinsdale Cooper HS) Recruitment Thread

Isn’t a weird that a school like … Cooper would have such high level talent?
Seems like an engaged coach that knows and cares about getting kids to the next level.

Isn’t a weird that a school like … Cooper would have such high level talent?
All one needs is a coach that can identify, develop talent, run an offense & defense based on current talent not on the coach's ego. A great coach adapts to his players not the other way.

Cooper: It starts with a coach...that'a the most important part...the leader. He has a program.
#2. Cooper has better facilities and funding than inner city schools.
#3. Geography and demographics. Cooper has a lot of athletes to choose from.

Cooper: It starts with a coach...that'a the most important part...the leader. He has a program.
#2. Cooper has better facilities and funding than inner city schools.
#3. Geography and demographics. Cooper has a lot of athletes to choose from.
So we’re talking that raw talent from N/NE Mpls, Brooklyn Center, southern Brooklyn Park are transferring into Cooper?

Otherwise, as someone else pondered, it would be interesting to me that it just so happens that parts of Crystal, Robbinsdale, and New Hope are goldmines of football talent that other comparable inner-ring suburbs aren’t.

If that is the case … fine. The MSHSL allows it.

Was just asking. Not being negative about it.

It's sad and crazy to say, but if he wants to get paid big $$$, we aren't competing with anyone on that list....

So we’re talking that raw talent from N/NE Mpls, Brooklyn Center, southern Brooklyn Park are transferring into Cooper?

Otherwise, as someone else pondered, it would be interesting to me that it just so happens that parts of Crystal, Robbinsdale, and New Hope are goldmines of football talent that other comparable inner-ring suburbs aren’t.
Umm.... Some Brooklyn Center raw talent diesnt need to transfer in. There is a segment of Brooklyn Center that is part of the Robbinsdale School District. I grew up in it and attended Robbinsdale High School. I was in the second to last class to graduate from RHS and my sister was in the first merged class to graduate from Robbinsdale Cooper.

Umm.... Some Brooklyn Center raw talent diesnt need to transfer in. There is a segment of Brooklyn Center that is part of the Robbinsdale School District. I grew up in it and attended Robbinsdale High School. I was in the second to last class to graduate from RHS and my sister was in the first merged class to graduate from Robbinsdale Cooper.
Here's a screen grab of the Robbinsdale School District Boundary. I've outlined in red, and to the best of my recollection, the border of Brooklyn Center that is part of the district.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408-205045_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408-205045_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 12

Willie Howard will steer him away from Minnesota...
Very anecdotal dataset but after living in Robbinsdale for 30+ years had the opportunity to have my groceries bagged at Cub by all kinds of kids' organizations, including the Cooper and Armstrong FB teams, over the years.

Have to say in general when I query a Cooper/Armstrong player about the Gophers program the response historically has been "who?" more often than not.

This goes back a long, long way to Mase and Brew and forward. Hopefully Coach Fleck is making inroads everywhere and no doubt in Minnesota that starts with the HS Head Coach.

That aside, glad to see some nationally-recognized homegrown talent in the hunt. NIL will be a big factor to be sure.

I have become very pessimistic about local talent that does the "here are my top choices thing," stretching out his process until a final drum roll, with attendant suspense, etc. The choice in rarely (never?) Minnesota. Why would a kid take this kind of solipsistic approach if he wants to be a Gopher and holds an offer? The top-end kids who truly want to be Gophers commit quickly (Coughlin, Perich), because it is what they want. Then they help build the recruiting class through networking on social media, etc. They don't hang back; they jump in and help. Hope I am proven wrong with this kid. Maybe he'll be a Gopher. But the "look how many schools want me!" approach he's using leads me to believe he won't be.

At least we'll get to see him in the B1G conference.

Top Bottom