All Things Eli King recruitment thread (Class of 2022, Gophers Have Offered)

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Gophers offered Eli King (Caledonia) for basketball. Also holds a football offer from Fleck & Co.

King is a must get in my opinion. Absolutely explosive athlete. Only guy I’d take over him in that class from MN is Tre Holloman. He is a gamer. Bulldog. Long. Athletic.

we need Eli King. Told my wife today if he is a Gopher we’re having season tickets. He is worth the price of admission for me.

Gophers offered Eli King (Caledonia) for basketball. Also holds a football offer from Fleck & Co.

King is a must get in my opinion. Absolutely explosive athlete. Only guy I’d take over him in that class from MN is Tre Holloman. He is a gamer. Bulldog. Long. Athletic.

we need Eli King. Told my wife today if he is a Gopher we’re having season tickets. He is worth the price of admission for me.

I honestly like King better than Holloman. Looks to be bigger, stronger and a much better shooter. Can play both guard spots. Excited to see both kids develop over the next few years. Hopefully we'll get a CDH/Caledonia matchup at some point.

Anybody have any inside info on King with what he would prefer to play in college? Is he leaning football or basketball? or does he want to do both? Just off recent results this feels like we need him to at least lean football so PJ has a better shot, as RP has a far worse record in terms of keeping these kids home.

I honestly like King better than Holloman. Looks to be bigger, stronger and a much better shooter. Can play both guard spots. Excited to see both kids develop over the next few years. Hopefully we'll get a CDH/Caledonia matchup at some point.

Holloman is so quick and shifty. Smaller but an unbelievable true point guard. I’d be thrilled with either (or both)

Anybody have any inside info on King with what he would prefer to play in college? Is he leaning football or basketball? or does he want to do both? Just off recent results this feels like we need him to at least lean football so PJ has a better shot, as RP has a far worse record in terms of keeping these kids home.

wut? PJ misses out on a lot of local kids.

both of his older brothers chose basketball over football so I’ll assume Eli is going to as well.

My relatives live near Caledonia. From what I hear, Eli is the most talented of the brothers. He is supposed to be a phenomenal WR in FB, but I don't know which sport he favors.

Saw him play Tschetter and Stewartville in section final. I know they play difference positions, but huge difference in athleticism between these two.
Eli to the gophers would be great.

I guess my point was more, if today there was a big time recruit looking at the U who would you feel more confident in landing him, PJF or RP? It is 100% obviously PJF, not even close, so thats more what I meant. If he was leaning towards bball only I feel far less confident he is a Gopher in some capacity than if he was more leaning to football only, where I would feel very confident he is a Gopher in some capacity.

No need to look much further than Suggs, who praised PJF but given the option to play for RP seems less than 0 interested. I know every person is different but the concept is there.

I guess my point was more, if today there was a big time recruit looking at the U who would you feel more confident in landing him, PJF or RP? It is 100% obviously PJF, not even close, so thats more what I meant. If he was leaning towards bball only I feel far less confident he is a Gopher in some capacity than if he was more leaning to football only, where I would feel very confident he is a Gopher in some capacity.

No need to look much further than Suggs, who praised PJF but given the option to play for RP seems less than 0 interested. I know every person is different but the concept is there.

If I'm not mistaken, Suggs would've chosen Minnesota if he decided to go the football route.

I know someone who's son has played AAU basketball with him and was told that he absolutely will play basketball in college. I was in Ames last weekend for my son's (younger) games and there was a buzz about him down there. I guess he threw down one of the nastiest dunks imaginable over a 6'9 guy, then got a steal and threw down another impressive dunk. This person told me that his offer list should grow exponentially.

Coffey, Oturu, Omersa, Kalscheur, Hurt, Jarvis Johnson, Treyton Thompson... you do know not every player on our roster has to be from Minnesota right? Does Mashburn Jr. being from Miami make him an inferior player in your eyes?

Both Gach.

Eli is a stud, I've seen him play several times, extremely poised and focused.

Isaac Trotter has several good videos.

Really hard to compete with a Stanford offer if education is a high priority. Would love to have him here, but that place is hard to turn down.

King or Holloman. We need one of those two! Perhaps the neverending pandemic will influence them to stay closer to home?

My relatives live near Caledonia. From what I hear, Eli is the most talented of the brothers. He is supposed to be a phenomenal WR in FB, but I don't know which sport he favors.

He certainly is, but Noah King should be a solid D1 player after a year at juco. Eli is the stud of the boys.. but Noah is strong and savvy.. no slouch athleticism wise either. Ryan James seems to agree.

I know this hasn't worked out well for us in the past, but going after Noah next year might be the right move.

Always said Eli has far and away the most athleticism of any of the King boys. He's not as smart or savvy as Owen, nor as big/phyiscal as Noah, but he's rangy and just insanely bouncy.

I remember seeing him come off the bench for spot minutes as a toothpick 7th grader as a sniper. His transformation over the last few years is amazing. Knew he'd be a good player, but he's special.

I'm not a 'get my panties in a bunch if we don't get him because he's from MN' type, but in that 2022 class, I'd sure like him to be part of it.

Would be nice to make a haul from that D1 team with Heide, King and Hurlburt. Throw Holloman and Nnaji in there and you've got quite a class.

Top Bottom