All Things EA College Football 25

I’m wondering how many players opt out given that, from my understanding, all players are getting the same $600 payment. I could see some stars that are getting big money opting out unless they get a bigger check than everyone else.
I would be willing to bet the vast majority of players just loved being in the game and would have settled for a copy of the game. The $600 is a bonus.

I would assume even if you are a marquee player there is no reason to opt out. You can grow your own personal fame through the people playing the game which would lead them to buy shirts, etc. The game is essentially paying you $600 to advertise your own image.

Lame they're not including FCS teams.

Lame they're not including FCS teams.
They said that it might come later as DLC. But their reasoning for not including it on release was that there are 133 FCS teams and navigating licensing and NIL agreements with all those teams while trying to finish the actual game on time would have been too much.

I would be willing to bet the vast majority of players just loved being in the game and would have settled for a copy of the game. The $600 is a bonus.

I would assume even if you are a marquee player there is no reason to opt out. You can grow your own personal fame through the people playing the game which would lead them to buy shirts, etc. The game is essentially paying you $600 to advertise your own image.
For a college game I can't see EA losing any sleep over a star player opting out. Players are only on your roster for a couple of seasons before the graduate anyway and you are working with game created players.

But I agree with you that most players are going to want to be in the game and will gladly take the $600 and free copy.

I have never been a fan of Madden but I loved the old NCAA game. I hope the new one has a similar feel to the old one.

They said that it might come later as DLC. But their reasoning for not including it on release was that there are 133 FCS teams and navigating licensing and NIL agreements with all those teams while trying to finish the actual game on time would have been too much.
I don't think the licensing or NIL would be any different, it's just the manpower to enter data for more teams. Hopefully the creator tools are good.

They're having an ultimate team mode which is where I am guessing legends from the "Missed Years" will be added. The real question is what Gopher's will be included in that mode.
That is, exactly what I asked in the first place…💀

That is, exactly what I asked in the first place…💀
My bad, I originally read it as you asking if there was going to be some mode where legends from that period are going to be playable, not if any gophers were going to be included in such a mode.

My bad, I originally read it as you asking if there was going to be some mode where legends from that period are going to be playable, not if any gophers were going to be included in such a mode.
All good, question still stands for anyone with former gophers they’d like to have in the game..

I bet that those 3 are confirmed for whatever "all star" version of the roster you can play

Arch Manning has decided to opt out of the game. I really don't get why any player would decide to opt out of something like this. Easy $600 and you get to play as yourself in a video game. To each their own I guess. He obviously doesn't need the money.

Arch Manning has decided to opt out of the game. I really don't get why any player would decide to opt out of something like this. Easy $600 and you get to play as yourself in a video game. To each their own I guess. He obviously doesn't need the money.

I agree - I know the $600 doesn't mean much to Arch, but I'd think the negative attention on it has to carry some weight.

Fans play games, fans get to know "players" through the game. There is no negative.

I remember being in college being a fan of Joe Cohen from the Florida Gators simply because he had a big sack on my roommate in the SEC championship game. I can honestly tell you I have never seen him play in real life, but 20 years later I can remember his name and number.

Does anyone know which Gophers have opted in or out?
Not sure there is any kind of publicly accessible list but story says over 10,000 players have opted in so would guess that close to everyone on the team has opted in.

This one really feels like a no brainer, no effort, $600 and a free video game that you are in. I just can't see many players not wanting to be part of that.

Not sure there is any kind of publicly accessible list but story says over 10,000 players have opted in so would guess that close to everyone on the team has opted in.

This one really feels like a no brainer, no effort, $600 and a free video game that you are in. I just can't see many players not wanting to be part of that.
Yep - its really nearly $700 because of the check and value of the game.

Does anyone know which Gophers have opted in or out?

I also can't tell you who is in and who is out, but EA is saying that the opt in rate nationally is about 90%.

His reason for opting out:
Manning, who attempted only five passes in one game as Quinn Ewers' backup in 2023, wanted to wait until "he was the guy" at Texas, the source said.
Definitely feels to me like he's hoping he can become "the guy" and use that plus the reputation behind the Manning name to negotiate getting a special NIL deal next year that is more money than the blanket deal being offered to all players who opt in.

Maybe that's not his reasoning, but if it is I don't think it will pay off. I don't think EA will yield to individual players attempting to negotiate special contracts. They know that a handful of "star" players won't make or break the sales of their game, so they have no reason to yield to anyone wanting a different deal.

Definitely feels to me like he's hoping he can become "the guy" and use that plus the reputation behind the Manning name to negotiate getting a special NIL deal next year that is more money than the blanket deal being offered to all players who opt in.

Maybe that's not his reasoning, but if it is I don't think it will pay off. I don't think EA will yield to individual players attempting to negotiate special contracts. They know that a handful of "star" players won't make or break the sales of their game, so they have no reason to yield to anyone wanting a different deal.
He’s signed next to no NIL deals to this point so u don’t envision it is

Yeah, in a college sports you only have a player a few seasons anyway and Manning won’t be a massive draw to non Texas fans. Plus they can always create him and just call him Texas QB or something like that.

Yeah, in a college sports you only have a player a few seasons anyway and Manning won’t be a massive draw to non Texas fans. Plus they can always create him and just call him Texas QB or something like that.
No they can't. If they tried to make Texas QB similar, Manning could sue for stealing his likeness without consent. He'd get a ton of money out of EA.

He was afraid his 84 accuracy rating would sour fans expectations of him.

No they can't. If they tried to make Texas QB similar, Manning could sue for stealing his likeness without consent. He'd get a ton of money out of EA.
True, but I can. I can make him and give him that name and there isn't shit he can do about it (or his 84 accuracy). It scares me we're making thousands of Don Henley's...

The roster will be made by random fans, as it has been for forever. It won’t be EA

Sports games have gotten around this in the past when star players have refused to be included by making a stand in character that was clearly meant to be the player in question but different enough to keep them from getting in trouble.

But in this case EA may be totally fine not having Manning in the game as I don't think his being there will have any massive impact on the sales of the game one way or the other. Fans that want him in the game can just create him or use whatever stand-in player the game puts in for him.

If Manning is out the game will have to create a backup QB of some kind for the Texas roster.

EA dropped the first teaser for the game today

It's wild to me that they made a trailer with a guy sewing a jersey, and didn't go with the obvious payoff - sewing a series of prominent player names to jerseys, highlighting the key difference between this edition of NCAA Football and all the other ones.

Top Bottom