All Things EA College Football 25

StudentSectionMenace

Reaction score
Follow along for all the updates and news surrounding the new college football video game officially coming out this summer!

So is this like madden still where it is mostly twitchy kinda game play?

They're using the same Frostbite engine, but from the reports it sounds like they are building it from the ground up and not just reskinning Madden.

I haven't bought an EA game in a long time now and haven't been encouraged by the reviews. People seem to really dislike the way EA markets things (makes you buy a new game and already has additional content on the disc you need to pay for). I'll buy it for nostalgia sake, but I don't have a lot of hopes it will capture me like it did 15 years ago.

I haven't bought an EA game in a long time now and haven't been encouraged by the reviews. People seem to really dislike the way EA markets things (makes you buy a new game and already has additional content on the disc you need to pay for). I'll buy it for nostalgia sake, but I don't have a lot of hopes it will capture me like it did 15 years ago.
Haven’t gotten Madden since ‘20 and even then couldn’t play it because of how bad it is. I’m pretty optimistic about this game though. They brought back a lot of the original team and brought in people who had modded ‘14. They’re also not using any code from Madden, just using the base engine. They’ve also stated that their number one priority is dynasty and road to glory modes NOT Ultimate Team like Madden.

I have such high hopes for this game but am so worried it will feel like Madden. Haven’t bought a game in years from ea as they’ve pushed micro transactions everywhere and focused on that over having a game that’s fun to play yourself offline. Dynasty mode (and RTG) I think is by far why people want this game, not to build a fantasy team, so hopefully their reported focus on that will work out and the game will handle better than Madden which has only gotten worse over time

confirmed schools so far no gophers :(

EA Sports College Football 25 – All Southeastern Conference (SEC) schools
Georgia Bulldogs
Alabama Crimson Tide
Florida Gators
Texas A&M Aggies

All Big Ten (BIG 10) schools in EA Sports College Football 25:
Michigan Wolverines
Ohio State Buckeyes
Purdue Boilermakers
Penn State Nittany Lions
Michigan State Spartans
Nebraska Cornhuskers

EA Sports College Football 25 – All Big 12 schools:
Texas Longhorns
Oklahoma Sooners

All FBS Independent schools in EA Sports College Football 25:
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

EA Sports College Football 25 – All Atlantic Coast Conference schools:
Virginia Cavaliers

EA Sports College Football 25 – All Pac-12 schools:
Oregon Ducks

I hear they're still working on a glitch in the Kaliakmanis character. Evidently the program requires a lot of complicated math and programming or whatever to reproduce the inconsistencies in his passing strength and accuracy.
That one should be pretty easy - just program the strength of pass the same whether the receiver is 5 yards away or 50.

Edit: I think the thing that will stick in my mind every time I think about AK8 is that pass he absolutely airmailed over the head of BSF when he was only a few yards away.

Last edited:

Georgia Bulldogs
Alabama Crimson Tide
Florida Gators
Texas A&M Aggies

Michigan Wolverines
Ohio State Buckeyes
Purdue Boilermakers
Penn State Nittany Lions
Michigan State Spartans
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Texas Longhorns
Oklahoma Sooners

Virginia Cavaliers

Oregon Ducks
I would be shocked if the game didn't have all the P5(4?) schools. Too many popular schools and rivalries to leave out of the game IMO.

I would be shocked if the game didn't have all the P5(4?) schools. Too many popular schools and rivalries to leave out of the game IMO.

They already said a few teams opted out. I think Northwestern was one of them. We're in. I wonder if they'll just add a North Chicago State or something like in Northwestern's place.

As someone who hasn't played video games since PlayStation 2, can someone educate me on what the concern is in terms of Madden now & the new game?

They already said a few teams opted out. I think Northwestern was one of them. We're in. I wonder if they'll just add a North Chicago State or something like in Northwestern's place.
That was the old reports from when they first announced the game. It sounds like theyll have each FBS team in the game and potentially might add FCS as DLC

Initially Wisconsin opted out of the game. Too bad, it would’ve been fun creating the Madison Skunks as a team.

That one should be pretty easy - just program the strength of pass the same whether the receiver is 5 yards away or 50.

Edit: I think the thing that will stick in my mind every time I think about AK8 is that pass he absolutely airmailed over the head of BSF when he was only a few yards away.
Right, and that's the modeling difficulty: how do you accurately model the randomness of the trajectory of the ball as it left his throwing hand?

Sometimes the ball would be pitched up, landing in the stands, sometimes it would be pitched down, flying into the field 5-10 yards in front of the receiver sending rubber pellets flying, and sometimes it would hit the receiver in the numbers like a rocket.

Right, and that's the modeling difficulty: how do you accurately model the randomness of the trajectory of the ball as it left his throwing hand?

Sometimes the ball would be pitched up, landing in the stands, sometimes it would be pitched down, flying into the dirt 5-10 yards in front of the receiver sending rubber pellets flying, and sometimes it would hit him in the numbers like a rocket.
I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to code a random number generator on each of those factors.

where’d you get this info? seems like a rather dumb thing to do when a player no doubt would love to see themselves in the game

Georgia Bulldogs
Alabama Crimson Tide
Florida Gators
Texas A&M Aggies

Michigan Wolverines
Ohio State Buckeyes
Purdue Boilermakers
Penn State Nittany Lions
Michigan State Spartans
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Texas Longhorns
Oklahoma Sooners

Virginia Cavaliers

Oregon Ducks
When you think ACC Football, UVa is the only name that comes to mind...

Northwestern is confirmed MN still not confirmed so far:
SchoolConfirmed
Air Force
Akron
AlabamaYes
Appalachian StateYes
Arizona
Arizona State
Arkansas
Arkansas StateYes
Army
Auburn
Ball State
Baylor
Boise StateYes
Boston CollegeYes
Bowling GreenYes
Buffalo
BYU
CaliforniaYes
Central Michigan
Charlotte
Cincinnati
Clemson
Coastal CarolinaYes
ColoradoYes
Colorado StateYes
Duke
East Carolina
Eastern Michigan
FIU
FloridaYes
Florida AtlanticYes
Florida StateYes
Fresno State
GeorgiaYes
Georgia Southern
Georgia StateYes
Georgia Tech
Hawai’i
HoustonYes
Illinois
Indiana
IowaYes
Iowa StateYes
Jacksonville State
James MadisonYes
KansasYes
Kansas StateYes
Kennesaw StateYes
Kent StateYes
Kentucky
Liberty
Louisiana
Louisiana-Monroe
Louisiana Tech
Louisville
LSUYes
MarshallYes
Maryland
MemphisYes
MiamiYes
Miami (OH)Yes
MichiganYes
Michigan StateYes
Middle Tennessee
Minnesota
Mississippi StateYes
MissouriYes
NavyYes
NC State
NebraskaYes
Nevada
New Mexico
New Mexico State
North Carolina
North TexasYes
Northern Illinois
NorthwesternYes
Notre DameYes
Ohio
Ohio StateYes
OklahomaYes
Oklahoma StateYes
Old Dominion
Ole MissYes
OregonYes
Oregon StateYes
Penn StateYes
PittsburghYes
PurdueYes
RiceYes
RutgersYes
Sam Houston
San Diego State
San Jose State
SMU
South Alabama
South Carolina
South Florida
Southern MissYes
StanfordYes
Syracuse
TCU
TempleYes
TennesseeYes
TexasYes
Texas A&MYes
Texas StateYes
Texas TechYes
Toledo
Troy
Tulane
Tulsa
UAB
UCFYes
UCLAYes
UConn
UMassYes
UNLVYes
USCYes
UTEPYes
UTSA
Utah
Utah StateYes
Vanderbilt
VirginiaYes
Virginia TechYes
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington State
West VirginiaYes
Western KentuckyYes
Western Michigan
WisconsinYes
Wyoming

BANG!!! What are the odds with the addition of legends to the game from the missed years.. 2015-2024, we see a gopher that we never got to play as?

I would think the conference would want to license and have all teams in it

I’m wondering how many players opt out given that, from my understanding, all players are getting the same $600 payment. I could see some stars that are getting big money opting out unless they get a bigger check than everyone else.

I’m wondering how many players opt out given that, from my understanding, all players are getting the same $600 payment. I could see some stars that are getting big money opting out unless they get a bigger check than everyone else.
i think most guys just want to play a game that they're in (and I don't think EA will care/cave). I don't think anyone cares if Shedeur is in the game or not as they can just create the player/roster like they've done for NCAA14 forever.

In the 2013 game you could play as a team of Goldy.

BANG!!! What are the odds with the addition of legends to the game from the missed years.. 2015-2024, we see a gopher that we never got to play as?
They're having an ultimate team mode which is where I am guessing legends from the "Missed Years" will be added. The real question is what Gopher's will be included in that mode.

Top Bottom