All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's playing in an allstar game at the end of next month.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Long term(like 2 years out) I really want Ellison on the team. But the greatest impact for us next year would probably be if we landed Boucher.

Agree on Boucher

Long term(like 2 years out) I really want Ellison on the team. But the greatest impact for us next year would probably be if we landed Boucher.

I too, think Boucher could make an immediate impact for us. But I also feel Ellison would add some needed scoring
as a freshman, too. Those two guys are the ones I'd like us to land that I'm aware of.

Anxious for something to happen....

Agree, Boucher is the man; then we have 5 bigs to rotate with lots of flexibility to go with what we hope is solid guard play. It has the theoretical look of a team that should improve over the course of the season.

What I really want to see is a CLUTCH squad!

I'll repeat what I've said before.

I just hope Boucher isnt Buggs 2.0. Only room for one guy that has athleticism but struggles with basketball concepts. If Boucher can fill the WHOLE position whether its 4 or 5, then yeah he's impact player. But my gut tells me we are his best High Major offer for a reason.

Give me some Freshman or transfers that have time to develop over the 2 year transfer that will have to learn on the fly to get any worth out of him. If he's not a stud he isn't getting us from 6-12 to 9-9 so I'd rather use that scholarship on a guy who can grow with the team.

I'm surprised so many recruits wait this long to make their decision. The summer is only a month and a half away.

I just hope Boucher isnt Buggs 2.0. Only room for one guy that has athleticism but struggles with basketball concepts. If Boucher can fill the WHOLE position whether its 4 or 5, then yeah he's impact player. But my gut tells me we are his best High Major offer for a reason.

Give me some Freshman or transfers that have time to develop over the 2 year transfer that will have to learn on the fly to get any worth out of him. If he's not a stud he isn't getting us from 6-12 to 9-9 so I'd rather use that scholarship on a guy who can grow with the team.

I'll repeat what I've said before too.

On the surface, I agree with you. However, I get really nervous about stringing a bunch of subpar seasons together. Obviously in college you don't tank your way to better draft picks. The sell job becomes harder and harder the longer you sit near the basement. If Boucher is an upgrade over other options...I'd take him. We will already be young enough.

I'll repeat what I've said before too.

On the surface, I agree with you. However, I get really nervous about stringing a bunch of subpar seasons together. Obviously in college you don't tank your way to better draft picks. The sell job becomes harder and harder the longer you sit near the basement. If Boucher is an upgrade over other options...I'd take him. We will already be young enough.

I don't disagree with this either.

I highly doubt Buggs would be able to put up Boucher's numbers in JUCO. That is why I'm really high on Boucher. I think the only reason Boucher doesn't have more big time offers is because he is very thin. If he had a bigger frame, I'm pretty sure the Kentucky's of the world would be checking him out. I am also pretty confident he'd have a really good shot at nabbing the starting PF spot for us if he committed.

Zags blog: JUCO Guard Mychal Mulder to Visit Kentucky

Mychal Mulder, a 6-4 shooting guard from Vincennes (IN) University, has an offer from Kentucky and will take an official visit to the school this weekend, sources confirmed to SNY.tv.

The visit could take place Friday or possibly Monday.

Brad Winton of JUCORecruiting.com previously reported the news.

A native of Windsor, Ontario, Mulder averaged 15.7 points and made 46.3 percent of his 3-pointers this past season.

Creighton, Indiana, Minnesota, Missouri and Wichita State have also offered Mulder. He has visited Creighton and may visit Indiana and Wichita State.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/juco-guard-mychal-mulder-to-visit-kentucky/

Go Gophers!!

Got a notification on twitter that Ryan James, Jarvis Johnson, Marcus and a number of other Gopher - related people followed Reggie Lynch. Coincidence?

Got a notification on twitter that Ryan James, Jarvis Johnson, Marcus and a number of other Gopher - related people followed Reggie Lynch. Coincidence?

Word around Bloomington is that he visited here a week or so ago. Blocked a lot of shots last year, not sure how much of an upgrade over King in two years. I guess a year as a RS would help.

Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook 27m27 minutes ago

"Indiana, Nebraska and Minnesota all beginning to show interest in Stevens Point junior Sam Hauser. May watch this weekend in Minneapolis."

I saw this kid at the WI state tourney. Pretty smooth, great competitor. Can really shoot. I would have like to see him have to guard some real quickness to better guage how he can play at the next level. I think a saw a tweet this weekend that he hit his first 7 threes in an AAU game also. And his little brother (freshman ) might end up being better.

Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook 27m27 minutes ago

"Indiana, Nebraska and Minnesota all beginning to show interest in Stevens Point junior Sam Hauser. May watch this weekend in Minneapolis."

I saw this kid at the WI state tourney. Pretty smooth, great competitor. Can really shoot. I would have like to see him have to guard some real quickness to better guage how he can play at the next level. I think a saw a tweet this weekend that he hit his first 7 threes in an AAU game also. And his little brother (freshman ) might end up being better.

Lots of Badger fans are getting irritated with Bo for not showing him any love. I'd love to add him. Marquette is after him as well I believe.

However, I get really nervous about stringing a bunch of subpar seasons together. Obviously in college you don't tank your way to better draft picks. The sell job becomes harder and harder the longer you sit near the basement. If Boucher is an upgrade over other options...I'd take him. We will already be young enough.

Exactly. Unless a coach is entering his first year with a program, the future is now to one degree or another in college basketball. There are no consolations for underperformance in this sport.

But my gut tells me we are his best High Major offer for a reason.

Apparently you are part of a very small minority of college basketball fans in the nation who would rank OK State below us. And at this point, I would say that TCU is on a comparable level to this program.

Apparently you are part of a very small minority of college basketball fans in the nation who would rank OK State below us. And at this point, I would say that TCU is on a comparable level to this program.
And you're splitting hairs.

Congratulations, you are now disqualified from any further "where does Minnesota rank" conversations. For your information TCU has not been to the NCAA tournament in 16 years and has been there just two times in the past forty. Their last NCAA tournament win? 1968. Attendance? last year the Horned Frogs averaged 4,955. This year? At one point that number was down to 3,949.

Maybe TCU will rise up under Trent Johnson, but it hasn't been done since '68 and they didn't play in the Big 12 back then.

And you're splitting hairs.

I'm not splitting hairs. OK State has been in the NCAA tournament 13 out of the last 18 years so I don't know how you could say that our offer is better than theirs at this point. TCU hasn't had much success for some time but that program is now playing in a top conference, is improving, has a coach with a significant history in D1 who has sent multiple players to the NBA, and is located in an area (Dallas-Ft. Worth) with some definite advantages over the Twin Cities.

I'm not splitting hairs. OK State has been in the NCAA tournament 13 out of the last 18 years so I don't know how you could say that our offer is better than theirs at this point. TCU hasn't had much success for some time but that program is now playing in a top conference, is improving, has a coach with a significant history in D1 who has sent multiple players to the NBA, and is located in an area (Dallas-Ft. Worth) with some definite advantages over the Twin Cities.
Didn't TCU play their games in a high school gym?

Didn't TCU play their games in a high school gym?
In fairness to TCU, I believe that was because their main gym is under renovation. And if you're just looking at the snapshot of which program is better right now (not a good measure to compare programs overall, but certainly there is a recency bias to an extent for all of us), it's close.

The point of my post was that Boucher wasn't garnering much of an offer list and how that gave me pause in getting too excited. You came back with saying OSU is a better offer than Minnesota, which while likely true, doesn't change the point.

Splitting hairs.

Top Bottom