All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

I have not seen any of these direct quotes from James, not sure why none of them are posted over here.

Because I don't feel like it's right to post direct quotes from a paid site. You don't have to believe me but I have no reason to be making it up and I'd like to think I have a pretty good track record on this site.

Well it happens everywhere so you'll probably need to get used to it. The general consensus is that Joe Coleman was run off so Pitino has showed he's willing to do it. Personally, I want whatever is best for the team (legally of course).
Source?
Not how I remember that being portrayed.

Edward Morrow Sets Official Visits to Iowa, Nebraska http://zagsblog.com/articles/edward-morrow-sets-official-visits-to-iowa-nebraska/#more-119408

Not sounding too promising lately for the Gophers on the Ed Morrow front. Nebraska seems like the clear front runner, with Iowa and SMU still firmly in the mix according to the zagsblog article. Not gonna lie, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we don't land Alex as our big man recruit. Nwankwo is alright, but he seems like another raw project similar to Konate and Gaston.

Not gonna lie, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we don't land Alex as our big man recruit. Nwankwo is alright, but he seems like another raw project similar to Konate and Gaston.

+1. If we land AI, this will be a special class no matter what else happens. I really hope he makes his commitment sooner rather than later.

Nwankwo does look like a good plan B though. He'll be strong and athletic if nothing else.

+1. If we land AI, this will be a special class no matter what else happens. I really hope he makes his commitment sooner rather than later.

Nwankwo does look like a good plan B though. He'll be strong and athletic if nothing else.

+1

Do we have anything from ALEX stating when he plans to commit? I feel like we've all stated he will before he goes out east, but did HE say that as well?

+1. If we land AI, this will be a special class no matter what else happens

Guess we have different definitions of 'special class'... I don't see Dorsey, AI and a couple marginal prospects as being a 'special class'.

Add in Jarvis and a good big and I'd be on board with your choice of words.

What centers are we still looking at for '15? Have not heard much about that position.

What centers are we still looking at for '15? Have not heard much about that position.

I don't think we are really looking at any Centers, other than Nwankwo who I've seen listed as both a PF/C. We offered Top 50 recruit Doral Moore, but there hasn't been any indication whatsoever that we are in the mix. Ahmad Wagner and Nate Grimes are both considered SF/PF options. That's about the extent of our big man targets as far as I'm aware.

I don't think we are really looking at any Centers, other than Nwankwo who I've seen listed as both a PF/C. We offered Top 50 recruit Doral Moore, but there hasn't been any indication whatsoever that we are in the mix. Ahmad Wagner and Nate Grimes are both considered SF/PF options. That's about the extent of our big man targets as far as I'm aware.

Digging around for 5-10 mins, it seems he can play center to people who have watched him play and listed at 6'-10" & 240-245 on most sites.

Jonathan Nwankwo is touted as a true center but unlike the Roselle Catholic forward, he is one that can also get out and run the court.

http://www.southorangejuice.com/201...makes-2015-center-jonathan-nwankwos-final-six

Edward Morrow Sets Official Visits to Iowa, Nebraska http://zagsblog.com/articles/edward-morrow-sets-official-visits-to-iowa-nebraska/#more-119408

Not sounding too promising lately for the Gophers on the Ed Morrow front. Nebraska seems like the clear front runner, with Iowa and SMU still firmly in the mix according to the zagsblog article. Not gonna lie, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we don't land Alex as our big man recruit. Nwankwo is alright, but he seems like another raw project similar to Konate and Gaston.

Not that it will deter Morrow from committing to Nebraska, but they did just get a commitment from a PF from Iowa (Michael Jacobson). Jacobson is a 3* on Rivals and had some pretty good offers.

Digging around for 5-10 mins, it seems he can play center to people who have watched him play and listed at 6'-10" & 240-245 on most sites.

Jonathan Nwankwo is touted as a true center but unlike the Roselle Catholic forward, he is one that can also get out and run the court.

http://www.southorangejuice.com/201...makes-2015-center-jonathan-nwankwos-final-six

"Minnesota: “They’ve been around for a long time, really since the beginning. They were at his high school games, they were at his AAU games so they’ve done a good job with that. As far as the school itself, we like the academics. It’s a very good academic school…they play in the Big 10 so it’s a good conference.”"
"Nwankwo will be taking an official visit to Minnesota on September 4, and Ruillano told CoBL that Nwankwo wants to do official visits to all of the schools he is considering; however, there is nothing set for any program besides the Golden Gophers. Considering Seton Hall is just 20 minutes from Ruillano’s home, he said they might not take an official visit there and save those five opportunities for the schools further away."

http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/08/big-man-nwankwo-considering-temple-in-final-six/

Pitino tried to keep him and most people thought playing for Pitino would have been great for him, but he wanted to leave.
He was not run off.

remember it like that too.

It would have been really nice to have Joe last year.

I doubt Coach P would have run off a player like Joe, although his skill set is somewhat limited.
He was a very strong finisher in the lane, strong, athletic. We lacked that last year.

I think if the staff could have helped him develop into a better overall player.
Excited to see what how it works out for him at Saint marys.

Considering Seton Hall is just 20 minutes from Ruillano’s home, he said they might not take an official visit there

Although he's transferring this season to Victory Prep (Bradenton, Fla.)

gregthompson27- Have confirmed former #Scanlan big man Jonathan Nwankwo is visiting #Fordham today. One of the most impressive HS bigs I've seen #BXsports

Guess we have different definitions of 'special class'... I don't see Dorsey, AI and a couple marginal prospects as being a 'special class'.

Add in Jarvis and a good big and I'd be on board with your choice of words.

I think Nwankwo IS the center we're looking at for '15. He's 6'10, 245 lbs., and plays a strong physical game. He definitely has the size and strength to play the 5 in college. I'd be very happy with a Dorsey, Jarvis, AI, Nwankwo class.

I'd be very happy with a Dorsey, Jarvis, AI, Nwankwo class.
I disagree, I know Pitino's system is not to have a prototypical SF, but I still feel we need to bring in a wing. I think the team would be better if we put a 6' 6"/6' 5" player at the wing instead of having a 6' 3" wing. In my mind that's playing 2 SG.

I disagree, I know Pitino's system is not to have a prototypical SF, but I still feel we need to bring in a wing. I think the team would be better if we put a 6' 6"/6' 5" player at the wing instead of having a 6' 3" wing. In my mind that's playing 2 SG.

I think that I'd take four players of that caliber and worry about the two inches later. Might not be a perfect scenario, but it would be the best class we have had in awhile.

I think the team would be better if we put a 6' 6"/6' 5" player at the wing instead of having a 6' 3" wing. In my mind that's playing 2 SG.

Morris is 6'-5"/6'-6".

So is '16 Djuan Piper.

I can see AI stepping out and filling that role at times, big wing player, he's not in the PF/C mold, more of a SF/PF combo like Dusty Rychart.

Like the idea of Konate and Nwankwo as future bigs, but can't imagine he will go 2 classes in a row without signing a freshman 3. They are already bulking up Martin and Alex will be soon to follow. They want these two to bang, and not chase B1G wings around the perimeter.

I agree with PTalberg and Howie on this one as I fear we'd be very thin at that Wing. Of course, I wouldn't be upset with that class. :)

Top Bottom