All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

I talked with Jarvis for a bit recently and it didn't sound like he was going to be a gopher, He gave me a Tyus Jones feel about the situation :(

Why? Because he didn't come out and say he was for sure going to commit to Minnesota? Did he say he was undecided and didn't know where he was going yet?

I talked with Jarvis for a bit recently and it didn't sound like he was going to be a gopher, He gave me a Tyus Jones feel about the situation :(

Ehh...I think you're exaggerating a bit comparing Jarvis to the tyus situation. I know back when mason signed he was not happy about it, not sure if its a personal problem with mason or if it has to do with playing time or what, but I know he wasn't happy, but that was awhile ago, and it seems like pitino has worked things out a bit with him since from what I hear. I do think its going to be hard to get a commitment from him, but I still think we are in the mix. The big thing gophers have going for them is he is super close to his family and due to a medical condition, his family really wants him close to home. Its the same reason his sister went to school in Iowa, she wanted to be close to him. Things got harder with msu and Marquette offering since they aren't far and are good programs but at the end of the day we are a good program and are closer to home.

Sent from my LIFE PLAY using Tapatalk

Why? Because he didn't come out and say he was for sure going to commit to Minnesota? Did he say he was undecided and didn't know where he was going yet?

He shot down every positive thing I tried to sell him as to why he should commit to the gophers and in a very negative way I thought, and he had no hard time agreeing with my friend who is a badger fan as to "how awesome the badgers are". Not sure if he wants to be a badger or not, he just seemed less negative with his responses when it came to talking about them

He shot down every positive thing I tried to sell him as to why he should commit to the gophers and in a very negative way I thought, and he had no hard time agreeing with my friend who is a badger fan as to "how awesome the badgers are". Not sure if he wants to be a badger or not, he just seemed less negative with his responses when it came to talking about them

Probably doesn't like people trying to get inside his head for their own agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense to our new friend, but I'm going to take everything he said with a grain of salt. 1) He just signed up for GH and 2) It didn't take him long to pimp the Badgers. Not saying this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, but I'd say it's equal odds he's some dude from Buckyville.

And if we do lose Jarvis, so be it. Won't be any worse than losing Jones, Vaughn, or Travis Reid. Pitino is going to find good players regardless of their birthplace. If the local kids want to get on board, great. If not, that's their loss. And finally, PG is about the last position I'm worried about Pitino recruiting. My main focus is on Illikainen, we need him much more.

No offense to our new friend, but I'm going to take everything he said with a grain of salt. 1) He just signed up for GH and 2) It didn't take him long to pimp the Badgers. Not saying this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, but I'd say it's equal odds he's some dude from Buckyville.

And if we do lose Jarvis, so be it. Won't be any worse than losing Jones, Vaughn, or Travis Reid. Pitino is going to find good players regardless of their birthplace. If the local kids want to get on board, great. If not, that's their loss. And finally, PG is about the last position I'm worried about Pitino recruiting. My main focus is on Illikainen, we need him much more.

Especially if Mason can competently play the position.

If Jarvis is mad about competing with Mason than either Jarvis isn't who we thought he was or Mason is incredibly underrated. Either way looking at Sparty's targets, guessing he's third on their totem poll and as for Badgers, how's he gonna deal with competing with Koening if he doesn't want to compete with Mason, it's not like Mason can't shift to the two spot either

Especially if Mason can competently play the position.

Yep and I think DeAndre playing another season for Pitino will really showcase how a PG can dominate in our system. Pitino can tell all of these 4 and 5 star PGs that he took a Morehead State walk on and turned him into an All-B1G-caliber point guard almost immediately. Imagine what he can do with a bigger and more talented recruit.

If Jarvis is mad about competing with Mason than either Jarvis isn't who we thought he was or Mason is incredibly underrated.

Yep. I bet it's a little of both too.

Not a badger fan at all, actually just got accepted to go the U and I am really excited. I been long time lurker never really thought about making an account since I didn't think I had anything to share but figured I'd make an account and contribute and talk about the convo I had with Jarvis. He never talked up the badgers he just didn't shoot things down he like he did with the gophers, he completely down played the NIT run when I mentioned it, and could care less about it. He was definitely bombarded with more badger talk than gophers, so I don't know why he'd get more annoyed about gopher talk and not badger talk. I ended up having to shut my mouth and watch him talk with my friend about the badgers. Maybe he just hated the way I looked, I don't know.

If Jarvis is mad about competing with Mason than either Jarvis isn't who we thought he was or Mason is incredibly underrated. Either way looking at Sparty's targets, guessing he's third on their totem poll and as for Badgers, how's he gonna deal with competing with Koening if he doesn't want to compete with Mason, it's not like Mason can't shift to the two spot either

I don't think Jarvis will be starting right away when he is freshman at any high major like a lot of people think on here. He has a lot of potential but is going to need to be coached up before he can start for a team, he is too inconsistent right now, and his basketball IQ is not the greatest right now, but a good coach, like pitino should be able to put ir all together to get to his potential. As for why he might rather play behind koenig instead of mason, I'd guess maybe because Koenig is 2 years ahead of him and mason is only one? I don't know, I'm not convinced Wisconsin is the leader anyways and I'd say they are at equal footing with MN. Still think MSU and ISU should be the teams to watch, too bad Twolves can't hire both Izzo and Freddy huh

Also, Mason is a lot better player than he gets credit for on here, a lot of good schools wanted him, very capable of starting for a good B1G team down the line, He'll be hard for any incoming recruit to beat out for the starting spot considering he'd have year under is belt.

Not a badger fan at all, actually just got accepted to go the U and I am really excited. I been long time lurker never really thought about making an account since I didn't think I had anything to share but figured I'd make an account and contribute and talk about the convo I had with Jarvis. He never talked up the badgers he just didn't shoot things down he like he did with the gophers, he completely down played the NIT run when I mentioned it, and could care less about it. He was definitely bombarded with more badger talk than gophers, so I don't know why he'd get more annoyed about gopher talk and not badger talk. I ended up having to shut my mouth and watch him talk with my friend about the badgers. Maybe he just hated the way I looked, I don't know.

I think if your friend was a MSU fan or a ISU fan, he would have talked to him just as much if not more. I don't think this means the becky is the leader, but it is a bit concerning to hear him shoot down the gophers like he did if this is true. I still think the gophers and becky are tied right now with him, My gut feeling says he goes to ISU, but I'd have to think MSU is up there now too.

Just a tip, try not to post anything that isn't good news on here, you will get ripped a new one on here, even if you are just trying share info with fellow gopher fans.

I'd like to hear more opinions of people that have seen Jarvis play. From the little I have heard it seems like he is an elite athlete, but not necessarily an elite PG, at least quite yet. Almost like the PG version of Rodney Williams. Does that jive with what some of you guys have seen and heard?

Bah. CHGopher is a troll. Just opened account to press buttons. My guess is CH is for Cheese Head and he is a wisky troll. Go away

I only want kids that desire to be a Gopher. If Jarvis decides his heart lies elsewhere, I will lose no sleep over him if he decides to go elsewhere.

I'd like to hear more opinions of people that have seen Jarvis play. From the little I have heard it seems like he is an elite athlete, but not necessarily an elite PG, at least quite yet. Almost like the PG version of Rodney Williams. Does that jive with what some of you guys have seen and heard?

I've seen him a lot. I wouldn't compare him to Rodney. He's super athletic, but he's not raw like him. He's a solid shooter who is good at pulling up off the dribble, which is nice for a team that uses a lot of pick and roll. Very good vision/passer. Pretty good floater (but not quite like Mathieu's). He's really good in transition, both scoring and setting guys up. Decent in a slowed down game, but tends to defer to others when that happens. I'd say his biggest weakness is his aggressiveness. He doesn't have that chip on his shoulder like Mathieu where he's just determined to make something happen. Overall he isn't a program changer, but is very talented and would fit the system really well. Would be a great get and it would hurt to miss on him unless Pitino can reel in a different 4-star who also fits our style. I'll be super disappointed if he goes elsewhere, especially if it's Wisconsin.

Since Jarvis is a hometown guy I'm guessing a lot of people are in his ear about coming here, some people love it, others get annoyed, probably doesn't mean anything. I'm sure will get a quality PG in this class, if it's not Jarvis then so be it.

I don't think Jarvis will be starting right away when he is freshman at any high major like a lot of people think on here. He has a lot of potential but is going to need to be coached up before he can start for a team, he is too inconsistent right now, and his basketball IQ is not the greatest right now, but a good coach, like pitino should be able to put ir all together to get to his potential. As for why he might rather play behind koenig instead of mason, I'd guess maybe because Koenig is 2 years ahead of him and mason is only one? I don't know, I'm not convinced Wisconsin is the leader anyways and I'd say they are at equal footing with MN. Still think MSU and ISU should be the teams to watch, too bad Twolves can't hire both Izzo and Freddy huh

Also, Mason is a lot better player than he gets credit for on here, a lot of good schools wanted him, very capable of starting for a good B1G team down the line, He'll be hard for any incoming recruit to beat out for the starting spot considering he'd have year under is belt.

I agree Pitino can coach but so can Thorson. So, if he has issues they may not be easily solvable.

Just a tip, try not to post anything that isn't good news on here, you will get ripped a new one on here, even if you are just trying share info with fellow gopher fans.

Awwweee poor guy. When did you get ripped??

I've seen him a lot. I wouldn't compare him to Rodney. He's super athletic, but he's not raw like him. He's a solid shooter who is good at pulling up off the dribble, which is nice for a team that uses a lot of pick and roll. Very good vision/passer. Pretty good floater (but not quite like Mathieu's). He's really good in transition, both scoring and setting guys up. Decent in a slowed down game, but tends to defer to others when that happens. I'd say his biggest weakness is his aggressiveness. He doesn't have that chip on his shoulder like Mathieu where he's just determined to make something happen. Overall he isn't a program changer, but is very talented and would fit the system really well. Would be a great get and it would hurt to miss on him unless Pitino can reel in a different 4-star who also fits our style. I'll be super disappointed if he goes elsewhere, especially if it's Wisconsin.

But he is a program changer here. When was our last 4* PG?

But he is a program changer here. When was our last 4* PG?

I guess it depends on what you consider to be a program changer. I basically just mean he won't single handedly make us a power. I think he'd be a phenomenal addition though and would certainly help the program move in the right direction.

Andre was a 3* on rivals, the only one I follow. Joseph was a SG IMO.

Interesting. I couldn't resist. This will be my last reference to your opinion on Morris for a while. I think the topic has finally run its course, at least until we finally see how he performs on the court.

It's almost comical that a junior can be mad that we recruited a combo guard (I'm assuming that's what Mason is) in the class above him.

It would be asinine of Pitino to not bring a guy capable of playing at least some PG, knowing that both Andre and Dre are graduating after this year.

Since Jarvis is a hometown guy I'm guessing a lot of people are in his ear about coming here, some people love it, others get annoyed, probably doesn't mean anything. I'm sure will get a quality PG in this class, if it's not Jarvis then so be it.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I did not talk to him about Michigan State or Iowa State, so he may have more interest in them like some of you are saying on here. I'll probably be seeing him again this summer during AAU, so maybe I will ask him about those schools instead of just being a homer.

It's almost comical that a junior can be mad that we recruited a combo guard (I'm assuming that's what Mason is) in the class above him.

It would be asinine of Pitino to not bring a guy capable of playing at least some PG, knowing that both Andre and Dre are graduating after this year.

I don't think Mason is a combo guard, I'm sure he could maybe slight over if you want to throw an odd lineup out there, but he is by far best suited at the PG position, unlike hollins. He is actually pretty underrated recruit on this board. He will be hard for any incoming recruit beat out for the starting spot with a year under his belt. I'm really excited to see him play for the gophers, I have heard great things about him, and he is going to be better than people think. He may be the best of our class when it is all said and done, but also think the other 4 guys have a lot of potential too.

I don't think Mason is a combo guard, I'm sure he could maybe slight over if you want to throw an odd lineup out there, but he is by far best suited at the PG position, unlike hollins. He is actually pretty underrated recruit on this board. He will be hard for any incoming recruit beat out for the starting spot with a year under his belt. I'm really excited to see him play for the gophers, I have heard great things about him, and he is going to be better than people think. He may be the best of our class when it is all said and done, but also think the other 4 guys have a lot of potential too.

Something doesn't quite add up...

Top Bottom