All Things Brad Davison Recruitment Thread

I'm sure it's a coincidence since more of the sites have updated their rankings, but now that Davidson has a gopher offer he's no longer a four star recruit on 247 lol

There's a little graph on the lower right of the 247 page showing that his composite rank dropped on June 28.

Good news, Gard will withdrawal the WI offer. Everyone knows 247 knows more than the BIG coaches.

Good news, Gard will withdrawal the WI offer. Everyone knows 247 knows more than the BIG coaches.

Awesome insight as always. Did one of the recruiting websites kick your dog or something? You seem to be offended when someone just brings them up. We get it, you think they're stupid. Not everyone else does.

You have an opinion and so do I. They just happen to differ.
I am not offended at all.
Why are you so upset?
You can ponder the web sites if it comforts you and I chose not to.
I did not say they were stupid just that coaching decisions about recruiting are not based on sites such as 247.
Those sites are for entertainment only.

There's zero chance Brad will be choosing the Gophers. Just thought I'd put a quick end to the "what-ifs" and possibilities here. Still optimistic about getting one of McKinley/Washington, however.

Doogie said on his show last week that the Gophers weren't interested at all. I wonder what changed.

Doogie said on his show last week that the Gophers weren't interested at all. I wonder what changed.

Doogie doesn't have any inside info about what the gopher coaches are thinking. Someone who does, said they've been considering this for a while.

Also remember this weekend is the first time since I think around April (maybe May, but I don't believe so) that coaches have gotten to watch the kids live.

There's zero chance Brad will be choosing the Gophers. Just thought I'd put a quick end to the "what-ifs" and possibilities here. Still optimistic about getting one of McKinley/Washington, however.

Don't recall your connection to the program but I believe it was something. That said, if there's zero chance then why did we bother offering him?

I'm honestly not ripping the guy, but Doogie has ZERO connections. He never has insider information, he'll occasionally give information or predictions that seem like he is referring to some sort of insider knowledge. But seriously, take his tweets the same as you'd take a random poster on here.

Don't recall your connection to the program but I believe it was something. That said, if there's zero chance then why did we bother offering him?

Gopher staff likes the way he's been playing this spring. They like his game, weren't quite sure if his game would fit in their system. Were on the fence for quite some time, and unfortunately...waited much too long. Ship has sailed in Brad's mind even if he's too polite to say something along those lines. :)

Gopher staff likes the way he's been playing this spring. They like his game, weren't quite sure if his game would fit in their system. Were on the fence for quite some time, and unfortunately...waited much too long. Ship has sailed in Brad's mind even if he's too polite to say something along those lines. :)

I have read the exact same thing on a Badger premium site. Maybe you have the same source or maybe you are the source. :)

Nothing! Doogie has no inside info at all, never has never will. So is guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like Davison but would put Wright, Sims, and John ahead of him for who I hope the Gophers end up with and they're all still available so no panic from me. Do wish Davison would have went somewhere besides wisco though.

Just curious what the play was here. Was Pitino's offer a political move with the local system to admit he was wrong about an eval? I could see how this could impact future relationships, by way of preventing any burnt bridges. Seems like people took exception to the Macura recruitment. I don't know, I can't imagine pitino thought he had a legit shot at him despite Marcus's tweet suggesting otherwise. My guess is that he is dealing with the local egos.

Also, I wonder who was taking lead of his evaluation. Sure, it ultimately falls on Pitino, but there's more than one opinion at play. I'm not convinced the staff is particularly good at anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word is they only recently started to view him as a PG. Their opinion is that he improved his PG abilities this spring so they offered him after seeing him in person. Davison had July as his commit date for a while.

No trust in this staff so I view as an F

Subject change if Wright picks mn and is the better player

This thread should get really interesting!

Ryan James has said teams always knew Brad was tough, a good leader, good passer, etc. Wasn't until he shot lights out this summer that the majority of his high major offers came. Believe Nebraska and GT were only high majors to offer before June 1st of this year. Seems like a good kid so I wish him well except when he plays the maroon and gold.

This thread should get really interesting!

Ryan James has said teams always knew Brad was tough, a good leader, good passer, etc. Wasn't until he shot lights out this summer that the majority of his high major offers came. Believe Nebraska and GT were ony high majors to offer before June 1st of this year. Seems like a good kid so I wish him well except when he plays the maroon and gold.

This makes sense, I haven't seen him this summer but his shooting just didn't seem to be all that impressive up to that point. I'm still a bit surprised that he is being recruited as a PG. I'm not convinced, in a structured offense I can see him thriving, not so much in a pressing defense and up tempo running offense.

Davison is a good player, but he was never going to fit in on a pressing team.

Word is they only recently started to view him as a PG. Their opinion is that he improved his PG abilities this spring so they offered him after seeing him in person. Davison had July as his commit date for a while.

That would make some sense, that they thought he was a good player but just didn't have same skill set they were looking for, until recently when they offered. I think we should keep in mind that our 2017 PG is kind of a replacement for Kevin Dorsey, and I would guess Davison isn't the same kind of player that Dorsey was, maybe he doesn't have the quickness or defensive prowess that the staff wants, and maybe sees in other targets like Wright, Washington, and Harris.

Also based on the last couple couple classes, I'm going to trust this staff when it comes to recruiting.

Bucky sure does have a hard on for white Minnesotans. That's three in a row now with Illikainen, Reuvers and Davison.

Yeah I don't really buy into the "x player doesn't fit..." narrative. If a guy like Davison doesn't fit, the team is running the wrong system.

I mean I get that Davison isn't probably the type of guard you want if your goal is to recreate Louisville 2.0 in the north, but c'mon. I don't know if he was never coming here anyways, but it looks bad when you ignore a kid like that who clearly was a high-major D1 player.

I'm not like a lot of folks who think we need every local kid but when ones like Davison come around, don't ignore them. That just looks foolish.

Fuc style get the very best players you can and adjust. That is coaching.

I agree to an extent, but if you've been building a roster for a certain type of style, I wouldn't stray away from it unless it's worth it. I think it's worth it if the guy you're getting is a big-time player and/or you don't have any options at that position who are close to his talent level. If the staff thinks we will get Wright, I think it makes way more sense to take him than Davison. If we get stuck with no one or if we have to settle for a fringe Big Ten player, then yeah, we probably should have gone after Davison harder. Time will tell if the staff made the right decision, but I think it makes a ton of sense to make Wright the higher priority.

I agree to an extent, but if you've been building a roster for a certain type of style, I wouldn't stray away from it unless it's worth it. I think it's worth it if the guy you're getting is a big-time player and/or you don't have any options at that position who are close to his talent level. If the staff thinks we will get Wright, I think it makes way more sense to take him than Davison. If we get stuck with no one or if we have to settle for a fringe Big Ten player, then yeah, we probably should have gone after Davison harder. Time will tell if the staff made the right decision, but I think it makes a ton of sense to make Wright the higher priority.

The only "style" I have seen is how fast can we get the worst shot possible up, run back and play very little defense, then repeat.

Davison is a darn good basketball player and by all reports a top notch kid. The reputation that this program has built under Pitino, good players with off the charts character should be the new style and the only style they consider. Time will tell that they blew it with this one. And to think the family has season tickets at Williams Arena.......

The only "style" I have seen is how fast can we get the worst shot possible up, run back and play very little defense, then repeat.

Davison is a darn good basketball player and by all reports a top notch kid. The reputation that this program has built under Pitino, good players with off the charts character should be the new style and the only style they consider. Time will tell that they blew it with this one. And to think the family has season tickets at Williams Arena.......

Yeah Davison was clearly our only shot at a talented player with high character.

Top Bottom