All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Don’t read this standing on a ledge - you’ll jump and not for joy 🥳

No idea if it’s accurate or not, but a reader posted in the comments section thst the Braves could go on a 0-300 skid and still have a higher team BA than the Twins.
Can I get an Ufdah!!

there is a logical fallacy at work here:

Some MLB owners are willing to lose money on the team's operations
Therefore all owners should be willing to lose money

that's not how it works. a family like the Pohlads (or Glen Taylor) has their money divided into multiple companies. If company A loses money, they don't take funds from Company B to cover the losses in Company A. that is just flat-out bad business practice. each company is expected to stand on its own.

payroll is not the only factor in determining the success of a team. front office management is a big part of deciding which teams succeed and which teams struggle.

you can say that the Pohlads' approach is part of the problem. but Falvey and Levine are also part of the problem. the draft and player development system is part of the problem. just handing Falvey another $30-million doesn't change the underlying issues.

It's going to be tough to hold him down. He's done tonight. 3.1 innings, 1 hit, 2 walks and 8 strikeouts (Kepler and Wallner are both playing tonight). ERA still at 0.00.
The Pirates are 11-8 right now (1 game back). As long as there above water & close to the top, Skenes will stay at Indy.

Pirates management, cheaper than the Twins.

On this date in 1961, a crowd of 3,000 fans gathered at the airport to welcome home the 5-1 Twins, two days prior to their inaugural home opener.
IMG_5708.jpeg

The Pirates are 11-8 right now (1 game back). As long as there above water & close to the top, Skenes will stay at Indy.

Pirates management, cheaper than the Twins.
He's already rocking the boat, making some comments about his workload and when he'll get the call. But like you said, it's all up to the Pirates and they aren't going to start the clock ticking immediately.

Santana is done. Hit a middle middle cookie as hard as he could and it died 50 feet from the track. The might not have been the best $6million they have ever spent.

The Twins need to purge the pathetic under-performing vets. Farmer, Santana and Thielbar should all be released ASAP. Vazquez too but they won't eat that much $$.

Again, they call up Carmago, and he appears in one game in a week, and that was when they were getting humiliated in Baltimore in the 9th inning. What's the point? If you don't think he can help, why call him up?

Again, they call up Carmago, and he appears in one game in a week, and that was when they were getting humiliated in Baltimore in the 9th inning. What's the point? If you don't think he can help, why call him up?
Letting Vazquez hit with the tying run on 2nd and two outs with both Carmago and Martin on the bench is a fireable offense.

Probably. If it means we finally get rid of Falvey (and Rocco), it will be worth it.
100%. The fact they gave not change their hitting approach is enough to be fired. Still living off of those 2019 fumes

Here's a nice picture of a game-tying steal of home by Rod Carew off knuckleballer Hoyt Wilhelm with Killebrew at bat on this date in 1969. (Killebrew struck out looking, but hit walk-off single two innings later).

Carew stole home seven times in 1969 under manager Billy Martin.

I haven't been able to watch a single Twins game legally this season, and they've sucked so much ass that I haven't bothered to look for an illegal stream.

I was expecting nothing out of Martin. He really hasn't hit real well anyplace other than the Fall League. But the guy just has the ability to make things happen on the bases.

Rocco going to pull Ober at 80 pitches for no reason.

What the best website to get Twins tickets. Going to get tickets to May 4th Twins home game vs Boston. I know about the Twins website. but what the best and safe website to use?

I was at my third of the season today. I get the weather is not ideal, but crowds have been pretty poor. People are waiting to see hope.

What the best website to get Twins tickets. Going to get tickets to May 4th Twins home game vs Boston. I know about the Twins website. but what the best and safe website to use?
I've always used Stubhub, but the fees are getting a bit ridiculous. I just bought two from the Twins because $85 tickets from the Twins website cost less than the same tickets for $50 on Stubhub due to to the fees.

This is pretty cool and if things keep going the way they’ve started, a perfect season for the nostalgia tour.

Gametime app is what I use. Great prices especially if last minute

IMG_5726.jpeg

Top Bottom