All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

SNH reporting.

The fact the Twins, whether it was the owners or the front office, decided that Varland and Paddock were the ones to tie their wagons to and not sign a starting pitcher is such a bad roster management. After leading the league in innings pitched last year I wonder how far they fall this year.

Do the twins get to .500 again this year?

SNH reporting.

The fact the Twins, whether it was the owners or the front office, decided that Varland and Paddock were the ones to tie their wagons to and not sign a starting pitcher is such a bad roster management. After leading the league in innings pitched last year I wonder how far they fall this year.

Do the twins get to .500 again this year?

It looks bad right now but it's still early. If they can get healthier and be around .500 in early June, I think they'll be fine.

Houston is even worse than the Twins and has more issues with their pitching staff right now.

It looks bad right now but it's still early. If they can get healthier and be around .500 in early June, I think they'll be fine.

Houston is even worse than the Twins and has more issues with their pitching staff right now.
The 1991 Twins started out 6-10. The Rangers last year had a stretch where they went 4-16 in late August/early September.

The Twins have a lot of issues so I don't think it's just going to correct itself but I think it's still way too early to completely give up.

The 1991 Twins started out 6-10. The Rangers last year had a stretch where they went 4-16 in late August/early September.

The Twins have a lot of issues so I don't think it's just going to correct itself but I think it's still way too early to completely give up.

I’ve only partially waved the 🏳️

They're not fun to watch right now at all. Good thing they're on the east coast and play so early so I can't watch much of them anyways.

Unless they go on a torrid ruin here before the end of the month, I’ll not renew my monthly MLB subscription; I can still watch the game highlights for free.

Twins currently sitting dead last in team batting average, and below the Mendoza line. Woof. Braves as a team are hitting .302!!

Twins are also second-to-last in SB's with a grand total of 4 on the year. Can't hit and don't run. Have only 5 more runs scored than the garbage White Sox (who are last in the league). Looking bleak right now.

Capture.JPG

Twins currently sitting dead last in team batting average, and below the Mendoza line. Woof. Braves as a team are hitting .302!!

View attachment 31038
giphy.gif

This is the problem with very loudly declaring you're not going to spend any money to make the team better. Makes it real easy for the die-hards to be bitter and the people on the fringe to look at the results and think, "Good. They deserve to fail."

RIP Whitey

Cardinals manager Whitey Herzog came to the Twins clubhouse to congratulate Kent Hrbek, Don Baylor, and the rest of the team after Game 7 of the 1987 World Series.
View attachment 31035
It's such a different game now than when Whitey was a Skipper, when I felt the Managers had a true impact.

Interesting note brought up on PTI yesterday, the 1982 World Champion Cardinals under Herzog had a whopping 67 HRs as a team. The ran. Lots.

His mid-70s Royals teams were so fun to watch, but kept head butting with the Bronx Zoo.

As a player he came through the minors in what is now the Twins franchise as part of the old Washington Senators.

Twins are also second-to-last in SB's with a grand total of 4 on the year. Can't hit and don't run. Have only 5 more runs scored than the garbage White Sox (who are last in the league). Looking bleak right now.

View attachment 31038
New hitting approach needed! Please!

the team on the field right now is missing the starting 3B (and best hitter on the team), starting SS, starting RF, closer, multiple other relief pitchers, and the top minor league prospect (who otherwise would be on the major league team right now).

let's see what the team looks like when a majority of the players are healthy.

to be sure - there are issues with the starting pitching that could hamper this team all season - unless ownership changes its stance and allows the front office to add payroll in a trade.

but I want to see the projected opening-day lineup on the field for at least a few weeks before I throw in the towel on the season.

It's such a different game now than when Whitey was a Skipper, when I felt the Managers had a true impact.

Interesting note brought up on PTI yesterday, the 1982 World Champion Cardinals under Herzog had a whopping 67 HRs as a team. The ran. Lots.

His mid-70s Royals teams were so fun to watch, but kept head butting with the Bronx Zoo.

As a player he came through the minors in what is now the Twins franchise as part of the old Washington Senators.
They had 200 stolen bases that year. The Reds had 190 last year. It's awesome to see stolen bases way up again. I enjoy that aspect of the game a lot. Don't get me wrong, home runs are exciting but seeing guys running around the bases is pretty fun to watch too.

View attachment 31038
An entire team of Nick Punto's. Let's bring Gardy out of retirement.

The pitcher they can't hit against today last pitched in the Majors back in 2017. Seriously.

Baseball: we want our pitchers to throw harder and faster than ever before.

Twins: we can’t hit fastballs no matter where they are and at what speed.

That is just not a receipt for success

SNH signing off.

They had 200 stolen bases that year. The Reds had 190 last year. It's awesome to see stolen bases way up again. I enjoy that aspect of the game a lot. Don't get me wrong, home runs are exciting but seeing guys running around the bases is pretty fun to watch too.
The best is a mix of both speed and power, IMO. The game drifted a bit too much like slo-pitch softball waiting for the bombs, but seems to be coming back with the recent rule changes.

Standing ovation from the Baltimore crowd as the guy who last started a game 8 years ago walks off the mound after 5.2 shutout innings.

O nos, we’re outhitting them 3-2, just got home!

Martin continues to look like a Big with a scintillating grab - get your first dinger now or game tying RiBEYE

I normally don’t like man buns, but he may convert me.

Last edited:

I see they are ripping the cover off the ball again today. YAWN

Pablo off the hook from the loss thanks to Martin and a horrible throw from Henderson. Margot was a dead duck.

Not that I focused on them much during the season anyways.....but it's looking like I'll probably be able to write off the Twins early this year.

If only there were a way to force the Pohlads to sell. Just some the shittiest ownership possible.

Top Bottom