All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

15 runs in 3 games so far against that staff is good. Seattle’s pitching had been lights out.
Continues to be impressive. They scored more runs against Gilbert in the 1st inning today (5) than what he had given up total in his last 5 starts (4). The Mariners have a legit staff.

Cy Lopez 8 Ks out of 12 outs through 4 innings.

They flashed starting pitching stats since 4/22 and the Twins are in the Top 5 in many of them and top 10 in all, including number 1 in Ks.

So far so good, great to see Ober & Ryan maturing and SWR holding serve in the five 🕳️ . Not having Sonny thus far hasn’t been detriment.

Continues to be impressive. They scored more runs against Gilbert in the 1st inning today (5) than what he had given up total in his last 5 starts (4). The Mariners have a legit staff.
Barring a pretty massive collapse, taking down Castillo, Kirby and Gilbert is impressive. Should have beat Hancock too, but he's not that good.

Kepler has a 9 game extra base hitting streak after his homer and Jeffers is at 10 after his homer today. The last time the Twins has two players with consecutive 5 game extra base hits was in 2004, with Morneau and Sweet Lou Ford, who at 58 is apparently coaching the the Long Island Ducks.

Last edited:

Taylor's not lighting it up and the Pirates aren't going anywhere. Give them a lottery ticket for him and cut the losses with Margot.
Taylor has been truly putrid with the Bucs. Zero HRs.

5 HRs and drawn 20 walks, but yeah otherwise Polanco has been terrible for the Ms.
50 strikeouts in 137 at-bats. Julien hasn't been much better though. Lots of strikeouts for him too.

Taylor has been truly putrid with the Bucs. Zero HRs.

I posted about this previously.

Additionally, he has worse stats over the last month than Manny, per a poster on The Athletic and them boyz are serious stat nerds.

Patience paid off last year handsomely with Max-A-Millions and continues this season as he had our highest WAR in the 12 game winning streak.

Long term investments usually yield better results than being a day trader in my experience. Most teams give there roster the first two months to gel, especially the Twins, who are very vet friendly.

Enjoy the 🌭 instead of worrying about how it’s made.

50 strikeouts in 137 at-bats. Julien hasn't been much better though. Lots of strikeouts for him too.

Our old friend Miggy was feeling left out, as he has 27 Ks in 61 ABs with only 1 dinger and is currently on the ten day IL.

Hope he’s hope he using his Babbel learning Japanese or Korean.

Last edited:

So far both teams have lost the trade. Polanco has been terrible for Seattle.

Twins did get an interesting prospect in Gabriel Gonzalez. OF with power potential, currently at High A Cedar Rapids (but on 7-day IL at the moment). also got a pitching prospect in Darren Bowen, also at Cedar Rapids. If Topa can come back and provide anything, the Trade still looks good for Twins.

Zebby Matthews took the mound for the first time at Double-A and looked every bit as dominant as he did to earn the promotion. Matt Wallner stayed hot for the Saints.

Zebby Matthews took the mound for the first time at Double-A and looked every bit as dominant as he did to earn the promotion. Matt Wallner stayed hot for the Saints.

I hope Wallner doesn't end up being one of those guys that is too good for AAA but not good enough for MLB.

I hope Wallner doesn't end up being one of those guys that is too good for AAA but not good enough for MLB.
Assuming they can stay healthy, we need to play Wallner, Larnach and Kiriloff as much as possible. Time to shit or get off the pot. They all have plenty of talent.

Not really their style, but I'd buy out his last two years of arbitration and sign him to an extension. Catcher has been a revolving door since Mauer moved to first base
He's going to get spendy. And Rocco seems committed to a 50/50 split which I hate. Hard to justify paying what it will cost if you will only catch him 80 games.

He's going to get spendy. And Rocco seems committed to a 50/50 split which I hate. Hard to justify paying what it will cost if you will only catch him 80 games.
Doing the 50/50 split allows Jeffers to play more overall. He DH's more and can pinch hit. If it's like 75/25, then Jeffers will need more straight days off.

He has appeared in 19 of the last 20 games, and has gotten at least 2 PA in the last 14 games.

Top Bottom