All Things 2024 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Wrong again, me and you for believing me 🤣

Its his Quad

@GophersInIowa Iowa peace ☮️

The good news is that Pablo looks every bit a Cy Young contender. 55 pitches through 4 innings 🥳. 73% 2 of his first 3 pitches were strikes last season 🤠

Correra has made two excellent plays in the hole to gun out runners at first and has the GWRIB as of now with a laser double down the line.

Buck is chomping at the bit and swinging free and easy.

Interested to see how they handle the pen.

Pulled hamstring maybe?

Watching it and he didn’t grab the back of his leg, he hit the bag awkwardly because he took a long stride, instead of a chop step to hit it. I thought it looked like an ankle as it did appear to roll a bit and he grabbed the front part of his leg to steady himself

Buck with a rocket to left for his first 2024 knock

Pablo gets Rocko to not pull him after Lopez flys out deep to left yo open the 7

What an opening day outing from Pablo -

7.0 4 1 1 0 7 1 84-61 1.29

Last edited:

Buck with a rocket to left for his first 2024 knock

Pablo gets Rocko to not pull him after Lopez flys out deep to left yo open the 7

What an opening day outing from Pablo -

7.0 4 1 1 0 7 1 84-61 1.29

And after giving up a lead off homerun too.

And after giving up a lead off homerun too.

Man is he fun to watch pitch, just throws strikes and a true ace

Stewart gets the 8th and guessing Jax gets the 9th as long as we’re up or maybe tied

(warning - lot of IF's in this one)

Lucas Seehafer writes for Twins Daily. He is a physical therapist and athletic trainer, and is working on a P.H.D. in Kinesiology.

talking about the Lewis injury - IF it is a quadriceps strain - he says this is a fairly common baseball injury with 68 cases of players going on the IL between 2016 and 2023. the average number of days missed due to a quadriceps strain range from 21 to 30 days.

But, this depends on the severity. a Grade 1 strain usually means about 2 weeks on the IL. A grade 2 strain can keep players out for up to 2 months.

I have believed that the lopez-arraez trade was win-win for the two clubs.
Have changed my mind. A cy young contender is more valuable for any team than a below avg fielder with a .860 ops. Twins won that trade and the Marlins lost it.
The Twins also signed Lopez to a very cheap deal.

I have believed that the lopez-arraez trade was win-win for the two clubs.
Have changed my mind. A cy young contender is more valuable for any team than a below avg fielder with a .860 ops. Twins won that trade and the Marlins lost it.
I think lost is a bit strong. The Twins are for sure getting more out of it, but the Marlins still got the player they were hoping they would get.

I love Arraez and I hope he continues to hit well. But with the new rules, players like him aren't as valuable as they once were even just a few years ago. He hits a lot of singles and that would be really good if he could combine that with lots of SB but he's not fast and doesn't steal bases.

Getting anything in addition of Lopez is just gravy.

I think lost is a bit strong. The Twins are for sure getting more out of it, but the Marlins still got the player they were hoping they would get.

If the Marlins could reverse the trade today, do you think they would?

If the Marlins could reverse the trade today, do you think they would?

Be helped them get to the playoffs last year, right?

Maybe we need one more season of data before it can be graded?

Last edited:

Ok. Black and white. No grey.

Yeah, I'm just looking at it from the perspective of would the Marlins still make the trade today.
Certainly Arraez also did good things for the Fish.

Be helped them get yo the playoffs last year, right?

Maybe we need one more season of data before it can be graded?

See post 509. Im just coming at it from that perspective. May think differently a year or five years from now.

Top Bottom