All Things 2023-24 Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread

Definitely good to see them winning, although winning 3 games against teams in the bottom 9 in the NHL (PIT, CHI, ARI) and a VGK team playing without Jack Eichel, Shea Theodore, William Carrier, Pavel Dorofeyev, and Ben Hutton.... gotta pump the brakes a little bit on long term enthusiasm a little? They've definitely got some really good young talent on the roster though.

They flashed a crazy stat late in the MIN-VGK game the other night, I had no idea. In the last 11 years, the Wild lead the NHL in playoff appearances with 10, and they've won like 2 playoff series in the last 21 years. Uff Da!!!!

Luckily VGK lost again last night to prove your point.

Yesterday’s loss might be the final nail in the playoff coffin. The number of recent games where the Wild gave up 3rd period leads is not great. Plus they have been terrible at home lately.

Luckily VGK lost again last night to prove your point.

They did! But the day was salvaged by winning some bets earlier in the day, including a little 2-game parlay including the Wild losing. They made me sweat it out, going to OT, but the Sabres pulled it out.

They did! But the day was salvaged by winning some bets earlier in the day, including a little 2-game parlay including the Wild losing. They made me sweat it out, going to OT, but the Sabres pulled it out.

I'll believe you when you start telling us about those bets before the games are played, not after.;)

I'll believe you when you start telling us about those bets before the games are played, not after.;)

My bet against the Wild had really nothing to do with the Wild; I grabbed two pairs of games yesterday to bet two 2-game parlays that met certain criteria for odds/ML, the Wild just happened to be one of the four games I chose. I was as shocked as anyone, trust me.

Quit paying attention when it was 5-2 Vancouver (37-14-6). The Wild (26-23-6) came back and won 10-7. Yep, 10-7! Bet Minnesota fans will focus on the Wild giving up those 7 goals.;)

Wild stun Canucks with seven goals in third period to win 10-7

Facing the best team in the NHL, the Wild set a franchise record for goals behind hat tricks from Kirill Kaprizov and Joel Eriksson Ek..

Equipped with a three-goal lead and barely a period to go, the NHL-leading Canucks looked on their way to a surefire victory.

Then they took a detour to the penalty box.

The Wild capitalized on Vancouver's lack of discipline, scoring four consecutive power play goals to stun the Canucks with an 10-7 rally on Monday afternoon at Xcel Energy Center that extended the Wild's point streak to six games (5-0-1).

A seven-goal third period gave the Wild a franchise record for goals in a game with 10.

Hat tricks from Joel Eriksson Ek and Kirill Kaprizov led the way. Both players also had three assists, and they tied Marian Gaborik's record for most points (6) by a Wild player in one game.

Their line with Matt Boldy (goal and three assists) finished with 14 points in the Wild's most jaw-dropping win of the season.

Trailing 5-2 late in the second period after J.T. Miller polished off his hat trick at 14 minutes, 30 seconds, Mats Zuccarello ignited the Wild with their first 5-on-3 goal of the game by slipping the puck under goaltender Casey DeSmith's right pad.

(The Wild were briefly awarded a fourth goal with nine seconds to go before video review reversed it for not crossing the goal line.)..

Seeing the stats scrolling on ESPN now. Good Lord. First time three players have all gotten a hat trick since 92. Ericsson Ek and Kaprizov the first teammates to have six points a piece since 93.

Last edited:

That was the craziest hockey game I've ever seen in person at any level. The Wild scored 6 goals in a 5:45 game time span.
Lucky you. Watched it from home. Absolutely insane in a good way

Lucky you. Watched it from home. Absolutely insane in a good way
Group season ticket I am part of - one guy had buddy cancel, I was able to step in. So yea, blind luck there.

We trailed 5-2 and the place was a morgue. It felt like the season was over. We were getting crushed with one Grade A look after the next on Gus. Then the penalties started coming and the goals started. I don’t remember having it happen twice in a game where they announce 2 goals at the same time, by the same team. They couldn’t even get the goal announcement in before we scored again. Twice!!

Okay, you want advance notice of the action, here you go. My first shot at live in-game betting; at the 2nd intermission, Wild down 3-1, I parlayed the Wild to come back and WIN (+950) with the Avalanche, down 1-0 after the 1st, to come back and win (+150), for an overall line of +2420, win $242 on a $10 bet. What the hell, might as well have some fun. Wild scored in bunched the other day, let's see if they can come back in the 3rd tonight.

Okay, you want advance notice of the action, here you go. My first shot at live in-game betting; at the 2nd intermission, Wild down 3-1, I parlayed the Wild to come back and WIN (+950) with the Avalanche, down 1-0 after the 1st, to come back and win (+150), for an overall line of +2420, win $242 on a $10 bet. What the hell, might as well have some fun. Wild scored in bunched the other day, let's see if they can come back in the 3rd tonight.

Ah, before the games are played. Not during or after them, but good luck.:)

Bedard has been injured but Rossi is tied with him for most Rookie goals this season. It's nice to see him have some success after all the health issues he's had in the past.

Wild (27-24-6) go into Edmonton (33-19-2) and beat the Oilers 4-2

9:37
i
Matt Boldy (21)
Assists: Jake Middleton (12), Joel Eriksson Ek (25)

2ND PERIODMINEDM
10:27
i
Leon Draisaitl (28) (Power Play)
Assists: Connor McDavid (65), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (35)

3RD PERIODMINEDM
9:31
i
Jonas Brodin (5)
Assists: Declan Chisholm (3), Kirill Kaprizov (36)
12:18
i
Matt Boldy (22)
Assists: Ryan Hartman (14), Marcus Johansson (18)
14:51
i
Zach Hyman (35) (Power Play)
Assists: Leon Draisaitl (42), Connor McDavid (66)
18:33
i
Mats Zuccarello (11) (Empty Net)
Unassisted

Nice win by the Wild last night. The best team doesn’t always win and that was the case last night. Safe to say Gusty stole that one as he needed a good performance after his last fiasco against the Canucks

Wild went into Seattle last night and beat the Kraken 5-2.

SEATTLE -- — Kirill Kaprizov had two goals and an assist, Mats Zuccarello added a career-high four assists and the Minnesota Wild beat the Seattle Kraken 5-2 on Saturday night.

Marcus Johansson, Matt Boldy and Dakota Mermis also scored for the Wild, who built a 5-1 lead less than seven minutes into the second period. Marc-André Fleury made 31 saves as Minnesota improved to 7-1-1 since the All-Star break.

“We’re playing a good style of hockey and we’ve been committed to it for the most part,” Minnesota coach John Hynes said. “I think the belief from the players of playing the game that gives us the best chance to win, recognizing what that is and then committing to it has been a big difference.”..

Minnesota moved into a tie with St. Louis at 62 points and remained two points behind Nashville for the Western Conference’s second wild card spot. Seattle fell three points behind the Wild..

Just caught a blurb on TNT after the NHL game tonight; they said Minnesota has said that Marc AF is NOT going to be traded at the deadline? Any Wild fans heard this definitive of a proclamation?

I would think there could be a market for him at the deadline

Just caught a blurb on TNT after the NHL game tonight; they said Minnesota has said that Marc AF is NOT going to be traded at the deadline? Any Wild fans heard this definitive of a proclamation?

I would think there could be a market for him at the deadline
He's very close to Guerin and he was vocal last week that MIN is his team and where he wants to stay.

I read a couple weeks ago that many teams were interested in Ek but haven't seen anything about him since.

He's very close to Guerin and he was vocal last week that MIN is his team and where he wants to stay.

I read a couple weeks ago that many teams were interested in Ek but haven't seen anything about him since.
Unless they get an amazing package EK has to stay. He’s way too valuable at center for a team that has terrible centers.

Also I am so done with Johansson and Greudeau. Those two can leave whenever they want.

Unless they get an amazing package EK has to stay. He’s way too valuable at center for a team that has terrible centers.

Also I am so done with Johansson and Greudeau. Those two can leave whenever they want.
You don’t get rid of Ek. Well unless you can get Bedard for him 😎

What an ass licking that was. Gusty just ain’t he was last year. Obviously not all his fault but he’s just not the same although he’s shown glimpses of it hear and there

Time of death 7:35 central time. At least the top line went out swinging with no points in the last 3 games I believe and all losses.

If Guerin trades Ek (won't happen), they should just shut it down. He is clearly the most valuable player on the team and obviously a glue guy. He is signed through 28-29 on a mutually beneficial deal. He brings it every single night - not a guy who signed and coasts. ZERO POINT ZERO percent chance they trade him.

If Guerin trades Ek (won't happen), they should just shut it down. He is clearly the most valuable player on the team and obviously a glue guy. He is signed through 28-29 on a mutually beneficial deal. He brings it every single night - not a guy who signed and coasts. ZERO POINT ZERO percent chance they trade him.
Got that right. Yes the face of the team is Kaprizov but in my book it’s Ek. He does it all. Power play, penalty kill, constantly goes to the dirty areas and takes no shit. No way in hell he gets traded

Didn't see the score from yesterday's game mentioned. It was pretty late when it ended.

Kirill Kaprizov's hat trick helps Wild top Sharks 4-3 to end skid

The Wild stopped their bleeding, halting a three-game losing streak that had knocked them far out of a playoff position.

The Wild weren't credited with all the offense, but they created every goal.

An unsuccessful clear, turnover and intercepted pass sparked the otherwise sleepy Sharks, handouts by the Wild that required a Kirill Kaprizov hat trick to outscore their mistakes and overcome second-to-last San Jose 4-3 on Sunday at Xcel Energy Center and snap their three-game losing streak.

"Sometimes those can be deflating if you feel like you're in control of things, but then all of a sudden there's a breakdown or there's a bounce and that winds up in the back of the net," coach John Hynes said. "So it was a hard-fought effort."

Kaprizov's third goal with 3 minutes, 59 seconds remaining completed the Wild's comeback and avoided an upset by the Sharks, who capitalized on back-to-back shots in the second to claim a 2-0 lead before moving ahead 3-2.

After also delivering the equalizer earlier in the third period, Kaprizov buried a puck pried away from San Jose by Matt Boldy and then nudged into a shooting lane by Joel Eriksson Ek. The goal was Kaprizov's team-leading 29th and the fifth hat trick of his career.

"Good passes from guys," Kaprizov said.

Now up to 300 NHL points, Kaprizov is the quickest Wild player to reach that plateau and the fifth-fastest among active NHLers.

"He's double-shifting sometimes. You can't even notice," Frederick Gaudreau said. "He doesn't seem tired. He does everything."

The Wild had extra ice time to dole out because they played down a forward..

Top Bottom