All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

I also like calling "locks" after the fact.

You’re smarter than I imagined champ.
You win a ⭐

If you closely read my post, then you’ll see I was agreeing with Ogee’s comment and obviously I didn’t see it, because I didn’t reference it prior to tip off.

I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong or miss something.

And you🤔?

Last edited:

well, now we will find out if the Wolves are really a championship-level contender - or if Phoenix was less of a challenge than we realized.

The Wolves have to come out on Sunday and play like they are down 3-0 in the series. they have to play like it's the most important game of their lives.

if Denver wins again on Sunday, I just don't see the Wolves coming back and winning the series.

I do NOT base that on talent - I base that on mindset. Denver got punched, and they remembered that they are the defending champions, and they came back and played like it. can the Wolves do the same? I just don't know.

Tony Brothers is an issue.

Not at all saying the officials were the reason the wolves lost. The wolves were flat, played slow, and couldn’t turn Denver over. It was unfortunate that they had to wait to Friday to play and didn’t play on Wednesday.

The Wolves were awful. Wish tip-off would have been at 9:30 or maybe midnight.

- Denver shot 54% from the field and 48% from 3. Minnesota 44 and 30. The Nuggets also had 80 shots to Minnesota's 71. Minnesota's scrubs had 14 of those shots to Denver's 6.

- Turnovers were closer than I thought at 10-14 but Denver was well into the game before they got their 1st one.

- We've seen here how players who whine constantly to the refs get tuned out by them. Last night we saw that after Denver and the majority of NBA commentators complained about how "physical" the Wolves were last game. We saw the result of that whining. Though calling things closely didn't appear to go both ways.

- Minnesota did shoot more free throws! 25-20! But the refs used an old NBA trick. The Timberwolves who came in with 6 minutes left in the game got 10 of those free throw attempts.

Denver outshot, out rebounded and out played the Timberwolves.

Let's hope for a better game on Saturday.

The entire team was putrid (except for possibly Conley), but how on earth does Gobert only manage to grab 4 rebounds?

Flew in for the game, expecting it to be a Top 5 sporting event for me, instead it was a bottom 5.

Game 4 is the series.

Howl Wolves!!

KAT only taking 7 shots is disappointing. He’s the best shooter on the team. He’s gotta take more.

KAT only taking 7 shots is disappointing. He’s the best shooter on the team. He’s gotta take more.

Yep and Denver knew it too. That's why after Towns hit those two 3's early in the 1st Quarter the Nuggets decided that KAT wasn't gonna be the one to beat them again. They crowded him once the Wolves got past half court. He could take a very difficult shot or pass out of it.

He usually tried to pass out of it. Probably because if he took the crowded shot and got fouled he knew they wouldn't send him to the line.

He needs to be more selfish, take those shots and make 'em or force the refs to make a call.

Wouldn't bet on the latter.

Scott Foster, Kevin Scott, and Karl Lane. Never thought I would be happy to see Scott Foster ref a game. Tony Brothers is way worse than Scott currently.

Top Bottom