All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Seriously?
Yes, seriously. A Suns sweep would not have surprised me one bit. The Wolves were swept and thoroughly outclassed in all 3 Suns games this regular season. They were -1.5 at home, meaning they were underdogs on a neutral court, and even bigger dogs in a road game.

This game was so absolutely gigantic. It's so un-Minnesotalike to come out and just dominate the opening game of a playoff series. I really like our chances if we get through this round. None of the other West teams scare me, including the Nuggets.

Yes, seriously. A Suns sweep would not have surprised me one bit. The Wolves were swept and thoroughly outclassed in all 3 Suns games this regular season. They were -1.5 at home, meaning they were underdogs on a neutral court, and even bigger dogs in a road game.

This game was so absolutely gigantic. It's so un-Minnesotalike to come out and just dominate the opening game of a playoff series. I really like our chances if we get through this round. None of the other West teams scare me, including the Nuggets.
Me too. I rolled my eyes pretty hard when Finch and Nori were talking about not wanting to show their hand in the season finale. Total team win. As noted, it does kind of stink that they don't play again until Tuesday.

Dang, the Denver arena gets loud. LeBron hits one at the end of the half to give the Lakers a 3 point lead.

😂

Had something going on today, so I just finished watching. Holy crap! Such a big win in so many ways.

Play of the game imo. Five minutes left in the 3rd quarter and Suns had cut the lead to 5 and clearly had the momentum. Fans were quiet, probly expecting the worst.
Gobert then hit a 12 ft. turnaround bankshot and was fouled. Crowd went nuts and Wolves expanded the lead from that point forward.

Play of the game imo. Five minutes left in the 3rd quarter and Suns had cut the lead to 5 and clearly had the momentum. Fans were quiet, probly expecting the worst.
Gobert then hit a 12 ft. turnaround bankshot and was fouled. Crowd went nuts and Wolves expanded the lead from that point forward.
I thought that too. Huge.

Never saw it coming. Thought we'd get swept.

We took their will away. I wish the next game was Monday night, because we can wear them down. We were coming in waves at them.

Hell of job wolves.
Unfortunately it only counts as one game in the seven game series, but it seems to address some of the justifiable concerns about whether the Suns were the better team at this point of the season and whether/how the Wolves could even beat them. I don't mind admitting, the recent trends were disquieting.

Top Bottom