All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Besides that great block another note about Edwards game last night. Not only did he match his season high of 44pts, he played 39 minutes, had 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks.

He also didn't commit a single turnover. Edwards played 39 minutes without a turnover. The team only had 9.

Only could watch the 4th qtr. This team is amazing at taking a game over and then doing everything to give it back only to have one of the best players save the day.

The Anderson foul was sooooooo bad. Ant's block was soooooo good.

Injury report for tonight's ESPN game at Cleveland.

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Jordan McLaughlin
PG
GTDMar 8
Monte Morris
PG
OUTMar 10
Anthony Edwards
SG
GTDMar 8
Karl-Anthony Towns
C
OUTApr 20

i
Cleveland Cavaliers

NAME, POSSTATUSEST. RETURN DATE
Max Strus
SG
OUTMar 10
Evan Mobley
PF
OUTMar 22
Donovan Mitchell
SG
OUTMar 10

Wolves can win if Mobley and Mitchell are out.

Last edited:

Cool that he amazed himself.

“I saw him with the lane, I knew he was going up for the layup, and I was just like, ‘I’m finna to go get this,’ ” Edwards told Bally Sports North.

He came down the lane and got up into such rarefied air that he blocked Nesmith’s layup not with his fingertips or even the palm of his hand. He got the shot with the heel of his left hand. He may have gotten even more altitude if his head had not hit the rim to keep him from climbing.

“I ain’t never jumped that high in my life,” he said.

Just heard on Around The Horn, that Tatum is 27 out of 28 (qualifying)in clutch shooting 😱

I wonder if Boston will make it out of the East.

Edwards is starting tonight but Chris Finch is out sick.

Wolves 50 Cavs 51 at the Half.

Gonna be rough playing without KAT maybe even worse is having Anderson on the court.

At least the Gopher Men's Hockey team is up over Penn State 4-1 with 8:58 left in the 3rd.

Remember they are a young team. I mean Gobert has only played 742 games. Give him another 700 and he will learn.

Remember they are a young team. I mean Gobert has only played 742 games. Give him another 700 and he will learn.

Stupid technical by Gobert but Allen has been hooking his arm all night and not getting called for it. Been flopping all over the place too.

97-97 going into O.T. without Gobert. Hey, maybe Conley will show it too

Stupid technical by Gobert but Allen has been hooking his arm all night and not getting called for it. Been flopping all over the place too.
Maybe shut up and accept you fouled him. You’re up 1 in a game you want to win. NBA refs are always gonna look to screw you and Gobert put it out on a silver plater for them. I would like to know what’s refs think of the wolves players in general cause I think they are hated with all their whining.

Don't like to say it after last night's performance, but Wolves needed a better shooting night from Edwards.

The Wolves let one get away, on the road, on a back-to-back, against an elite but injured team. That's too bad. Gobert failed them with his technical foul.

Maybe shut up and accept you fouled him. You’re up 1 in a game you want to win. NBA refs are always gonna look to screw you and Gobert put it out on a silver plater for them. I would like to know what’s refs think of the wolves players in general cause I think they are hated with all their whining.
Wolves complain way too much (especially numbers 5, 27 and 32).
But if you surveyed every NBA official anonymously and asked them to name the 10 whiniest teams, the Wolves show up on less than 10% of ballots

The wolves were positioned to steal a game on the road in front of a sellout crowd against a very good team that was officiated by three of the very worst refs in the league. Scott Foster is almost universally hated by the players for his ineptitude. The other two officials on that crew are worse.

The wolves deserved to lose. Smart teams win that game. Smart teams recognize that taking T's on the road in a close game is a request to lose. Smart players don't make the cash gesture to an inept ref with 27 seconds left and your team up by one. Rudy deserved to get tossed for that one.

The wolves are exciting, talented and the season has been a gas. Boston, Milwaukee, Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Denver and, maybe, OKC win that game. The wolves don't.

But if you surveyed every NBA official anonymously and asked them to name the 10 whiniest teams, the Wolves show up on less than 10% of ballots
The wolves are tied for third in the league (w/ six other teams) in techs per game this year.

Other teams and players complain as much if not more, but they get the calls. That tells me the wolves are not liked, especially KAT.

Top Bottom