All Things 2023-2024 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Minnesota Timberwolves

Bench scoring: If Tim Connelly could wave a magic wand, he would get his hands on a wing with size who can shoot the 3 at high volume and get buckets. Those kinds of players will be hard to find. He signed Shake Milton this offseason to be the bucket-getter with the second unit, but that has not panned out to this point. Entering Wednesday, Milton has posted a career low in 3-point percentage (26.5), is shooting just 39.4 percent overall and has fallen out of the rotation. The Wolves need someone who can boost the team’s 3-point volume … they have been in the top five this season for 3-point percentage but the bottom third in attempts. Getting a knockdown shooter who could also get to the basket would be a boon to their mediocre offense. — Jon Krawczynski

Well, we must have drained Boston dry last night. They are down to Milwaukee 75-38 at the half.

Well, we must have drained Boston dry last night. They are down to Milwaukee 75-38 at the half.

They did. 4 of Boston's starters all played 40 or more minutes last night. The other played 38. Just like the Wolves were playing on the second day of a back-to-back last night, the Celtics are doing that tonight.

The Wolves should have lost last night. What hurts is how close they were to winning even without two starers playing.

Ernie Johnson said that it's the biggest halftime deficit the Celtics have had since 1967.

Final Milwaukee 135 Boston 102.

They were talking early in the broadcast how the Celtics had played a "thriller" last night against the Timberwolves. That term wasn't used for tonight's game.;)

NBA Trade Deadline incoming​

Early trade deadline insights provided by Darren Wolfson (KSTP, SKOR North) on the Mackey and Judd show Tuesday suggest that Shake Milton’s departure from the Timberwolves seems imminent, a move that both parties would welcome.

“I think the Wolves end up trading Shake Milton but I also sense that is something he would happily welcome. That it hasn’t worked out for him. He was given enough playing time early and just couldn’t make shots. They need a little bit more bench power, they can use some shooting help. You can make a case for a backup point guard, you know a guy like Monte Morris. I mean, there’s any number of names. Doug Mcdermott, I think, would help them. Now that Ja Morant is out for the year, does Memphis trade Luke Kennard? So there’s a bunch of names you could
keep an eye on”

Howl Wolves!!

Our opponents might also shed a tear when they see the starting lineup:

C Rudy Gobert
F Karl Anthony Towns
F Mikal Bridges
G Anthony Edwards
G Mike Conley

Would love the deal. Which is why I held out from using the NBA Trade Machine until just now.

The Wolves would have to add about $7,000,000 in player's salaries to get it done. Was surprised but the first trade would work. The 3rd trade won't because Kuzma can't be traded yet. The Dillion Brooks would work and finally the Conley for Dennis Schroder and Otto Porter Jr would also fail.

Would love the deal. Which is why I held out from using the NBA Trade Machine until just now.

The Wolves would have to add about $7,000,000 in player's salaries to get it done. Was surprised but the first trade would work. The 3rd trade won't because Kuzma can't be traded yet. The Dillion Brooks would work and finally the Conley for Dennis Schroder and Otto Porter Jr would also fail.

The 1st, 2nd and 4th trade scenarios don't work because you can't trade first round picks in consecutive years. The wolves already gave up 1sts in 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029 in the Gobert trade. They basically can't trade another 1st outright until 2031.

The 1st, 2nd and 4th trade scenarios don't work because you can't trade first round picks in consecutive years. The wolves already gave up 1sts in 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029 in the Gobert trade. They basically can't trade another 1st outright until 2031.
Change #2 to a 2031 pick and I would cry tears of joy with KG21. That trade makes us better now and in the future as Minott will never play meaningful minutes and Anderson is gone after this year no matter what. It boils down to McDaniels and a #1 for Bridges-which would be a complete steal for the Wolves. They still would have to add Shake to the trade to make the salaries work (per Iceland). Then the Wolves would be able to sign any league minimum players that are out there to fill out the roster.

I'm scared to trade Conley no matter what the return is. And I do like Schroder, but I would pass on it.

Change #2 to a 2031 pick and I would cry tears of joy with KG21. That trade makes us better now and in the future as Minott will never play meaningful minutes and Anderson is gone after this year no matter what. It boils down to McDaniels and a #1 for Bridges-which would be a complete steal for the Wolves. They still would have to add Shake to the trade to make the salaries work (per Iceland). Then the Wolves would be able to sign any league minimum players that are out there to fill out the roster.
There will also be good veteran players being bought out by their teams looking to join a team for the minimum that has a chance to win a Title. I'd make that Bridges trade without hesitation.

All well and good. Why would the Nets make that deal?

The Bridges deal would be tremendous. That would be a championship caliber starting 5.

Their only weakness would be backup PG.

The Bridges deal would be tremendous. That would be a championship caliber starting 5.

Their only weakness would be backup PG.
No way #1 or #2 happen unless towns is involved

Bridges is seen as a cornerstone in brookyn. It would have to be a deal on a lower impact like slo mo for Finney smith

I think we should trade Minott, Miller, J-Mac and the 31, 33, 35, 37, 39 and 41 first round picks for Doncic. The new Dallas owners can't say no to that deal!!

Anytime we are reading trade rumors on a site called "fadeaway world," it's time to fade away from the garbage it is putting out there.

I think we should trade Minott, Miller, J-Mac and the 31, 33, 35, 37, 39 and 41 first round picks for Doncic. The new Dallas owners can't say no to that deal!!

Anytime we are reading trade rumors on a site called "fadeaway world," it's time to fade away from the garbage it is putting out there.
Take out 41 and replace it with six 2nd round swaps and I'm sold.

Luka doesn't play defense and looks terrible in sweaters. Pass.

Quite true, but not that different from NBA Trade Rumors in general. Nearly all of it has been garbage

There’s garbage and there’s fade away sports garbage.

Just looked and yeah it's quite the clown site.

kg21? How did you find that site?

Last edited:

Wolves 63 Portland 42 at the Half.

Not an expert, but only recognize 4 names playing for Portland tonight.

As Naz is coming into his prime he is learning to really attack the basket and it's glorious to see.

True but so far tonight it's been all about Gobert and Towns.

Timberwolves cruise to 116-93 win over Trail Blazers behind Gobert's 24 points, 17 rebounds

One of the Timberwolves most embarrassing losses of last season, and one that typified who that team was, came on April 2.

The Wolves were jockeying for playoff positioning to avoid the play-in tournament and had a matchup with a tanking Portland team that was sitting Damian Lillard. The Wolves lost that game, and it was still fresh in their minds headed into Friday.

As forward Jaden McDaniels put it at shootaround, "Our headlights are on."

They never turned them off in a 116-93 rout of Portland.

The Wolves did as they should against a rebuilding and injured team (no DeAndre Ayton, Sheadon Sharpe and Robert Williams) that lost to Oklahoma City by 62 on Thursday.

With those injuries, the Blazers had no size to contend with the Wolves, and the Wolves took full advantage on both ends. Rudy Gobert had 24 points and 17 rebounds while Karl-Anthony Towns had 23 and eight rebounds. Naz Reid added 14 off the bench.

Anthony Edwards had just nine but he was content to let his teammates get theirs on a night coach Chris Finch emptied his bench for almost the entire fourth quarter..

Edwards didn't score a point during the second and third quarters, and he had just nine through three. But much like their game against Orlando, the Wolves didn't need Edwards going at full throttle when the rest of their offense was operating how it was.

Coming out of their recent 16-game gauntlet, the Wolves were due for a night like Friday – one that was an easy win on paper coming into the night, and one that turned out that way on the floor.

Nights like these hardly came last season, now the Wolves have turned them into a regular occurrence.

Top Bottom