All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Exactly. He never even brought up not having Hunter, he had Guy And Jerome do the presser telling them to do this together and to let it be part of their story , to own it. He used it to be a ticket to where they were going to go to get to a place that could not be paid for any other way. Huge boost to the recruiting success that followed and is still following. No wonder Forbes listed him as one of the 50 best leaders in the world. Hardly a blemish when he turns down jobs that pay twice as much. You have to be a one seed to lose that game which meant like 30-2, another ACC title, another tourney berth. A blemish is going 48-82 and never contending in your conference in 7 years.
I agree ? with your post; great leaders figure out how to use any situation as an imputus to move forward. I think PJ and Tony are cut from the same cloth; PJ's like virus, okay, let me put together the best virtual tour possible and sign a great CB and WR with more to come. They call leaders like them visionaries as they see things most people cannot (doesn't take much skill to Monday morning QB in my book).

I agree ? with your post; great leaders figure out how to use any situation as an imputus to move forward. I think PJ and Tony are cut from the same cloth; PJ's like virus, okay, let me put together the best virtual tour possible and sign a great CB and WR with more to come. They call leaders like them visionaries as they see things most people cannot (doesn't take much skill to Monday morning QB in my book).
PJ exhibits many of the same traits. The main one is that he knows who he is, 2nd one is his players become better than they thought they could be. Parents are taken by both. Ex NBA guys are sending their kids and friends kids to Bennett. Michael Thompson did it, Rahim did it, Jerome did it. Hope PJ proves he can do it over time. It will need to result in winning conference titles etc.. eventually.

Exactly. He never even brought up not having Hunter, he had Guy And Jerome do the presser telling them to do this together and to let it be part of their story , to own it. He used it to be a ticket to where they were going to go to get to a place that could not be paid for any other way. Huge boost to the recruiting success that followed and is still following. No wonder Forbes listed him as one of the 50 best leaders in the world. Hardly a blemish when he turns down jobs that pay twice as much. You have to be a one seed to lose that game which meant like 30-2, another ACC title, another tourney berth. A blemish is going 48-82 and never contending in your conference in 7 years.
I love seeing you take a pot shot at our program while attempting to defend Virginia's historic loss to a no-name 16 seed. Seemed a little unnecessary to me Built... can't you get your point across without slighting our program?

I love seeing you take a pot shot at our program while attempting to defend Virginia's historic loss to a no-name 16 seed. Seemed a little unnecessary to me Built... can't you get your point across without slighting our program?
Point taken.

IIRC Lil Romeo had scholarship from USC, not sure if he ever/ attended played there. Master P, per him, had a tryout with the Raptors and played in the D league as it was known then

Romeo was basically an add-on to get Demar Derozan as they were good friends. Romeo never really played and I'm not sure how was shown the door after Derozan went to the League.

Master P actually called and offered Tim Floyd both players. Funny stuff.

Romeo was basically an add-on to get Demar Derozan as they were good friends. Romeo never really played and I'm not sure how was shown the door after Derozan went to the League.

Master P actually called and offered Tim Floyd both players. Funny stuff.
Thanks for the chuckle regarding Master P - picturing a slightly more hip version of Blogavich auctioning off Obama's Senate seat.

Also forgot about DeRozan.

BADGER is a FRAUD that takes potshots at RP and the MN BB program consistently. Very, very few call him out.

BADGER is a FRAUD that takes potshots at RP and the MN BB program consistently. Very, very few call him out.

I understand the frustration. I tend to roll my eyes at the subtle digs at my coach, but it cleary bothers you quite a bit more. Why not just block him and move on? I've done that with a few posters and my experience here is better for it. I get just as frustrated with the crusaders who feel the need to argue with him in order save all of us who don't notice his digs or aren't angry enough to answer in all caps.

I understand the frustration. I tend to roll my eyes at the subtle digs at my coach, but it cleary bothers you quite a bit more. Why not just block him and move on? I've done that with a few posters and my experience here is better for it. I get just as frustrated with the crusaders who feel the need to argue with him in order save all of us who don't notice his digs or aren't angry enough to answer in all caps.

Yeah, built can be annoying sometimes, but I actually had to block BarnBurner instead because his obsession with built was so over the top. He'd really do himself a favor by just blocking built and moving on.

Is Minnesota the only school that got a visit from Frankie Collins ?

Is Minnesota the only school that got a visit from Frankie Collins ?

It's going to be an interesting recruiting year with limited or no AAU exposure this summer. Coaches better have done some evaluation's last summer or they might be SOL. May end up being dependent on other's evaluations.

It's going to be an interesting recruiting year with limited or no AAU exposure this summer. Coaches better have done some evaluation's last summer or they might be SOL. May end up being dependent on other's evaluations.
Someone who i respect a great deal told me 2021 recruiting is a open door to securing some great talent that the blue bloods never got on campus.

I also think this year coaches have to rely on film and won't fall in love after one game on the circuit. Coaches and staffs who do their homework are organized will certainly have an advantage. Hopefully losing Jeter won't hurt us in our pursuit of Collins

If Curry sticks around for year 6 the gophs may be not have more open spots for class of 21

If Curry sticks around for year 6 the gophs may be not have more open spots for class of 21

There is bound to be a transfer. If Carr is all big 10, I wouldnt be surprised to see him finally give pro a shot, even if it's overseas

I'd take him for 4 (5 years with RS) over one and done of Chet
In-state kid who would likely sign with us not a lot of high major interest right now could be coming this next year. Probably not Elite athlete but if you can average 35 to 40 points per game in high school you can probably score a little bit at the next level

In-state kid who would likely sign with us not a lot of high major interest right now could be coming this next year. Probably not Elite athlete but if you can average 35 to 40 points per game in high school you can probably score a little bit at the next level
I guess the coaches have to determine if he is like an Isaiah Dahlman or will he be able to make the jump...

I don't know man Michael Hurt scored a lot in high school too and never played. Pitino only plays about 6 guys a game. I don't know much about this kid but Pitino knows what he wants and if he doesn't see this guy being a game changer he isn't going to play him anyways.

I don't know man Michael Hurt scored a lot in high school too and never played. Pitino only plays about 6 guys a game. I don't know much about this kid but Pitino knows what he wants and if he doesn't see this guy being a game changer he isn't going to play him anyways.
Michael did it to himself by losing confidence in his own shot. He couldn’t hit 20% of his shots in warm ups.

Have seen him play - foot speed and lift would be an issue in the big ten imo. Is only a junior so maybe can yet develop those areas as he certainly plays hard. Level of competition is weak. Eli King one to keep an eye on in SE part of state.

Top Bottom