All ROWds lead to Wisconsin

so, Wisconsin 24, Nebraska 17 in OT.

Badgers got ball 1st in OT - scored on 3 yd run by Braelon Allen. (was pushed into end zone by a couple of offensive linemen) Nebraska threw INT on its 4th play in OT.

Wisc - 316 yds tot off - 160 pass - 156 rush - 0 Turnovers
Neb - 364 yds tot off - 169 pass - 195 rush - 1 turnover

for Wisc
QB Mordecai 18 of 28 for 160 with 1 TD
Rec - Will Pauling 8-79 / Jackson Acker 1-26 td
Rush - Braelon Allen 22-62 /Mordecai 9-51 / Acker 8-32

Wisc defense with 2 sacks, 8 Tackles for loss

for Neb
Chubba Purdy 15 of 23 for 169, 1 TD, 1 INT
rush - Purdy 14-105, 1 TD

Loss coupled with a Purdue win and the standings and season really bottom out.

Who knows who PJ will put on the field this coming Saturday with all the injuries, but I expect everyone on the squad understands the importance of a game against Wisconsin or they shouldn't be playing football at the U. I want them to play hard. I also want PJ to create a game plan that if they execute by playing hard and not making mistakes they have an opportunity to win the damn game. Screw worrying about losing and by how much. I hope all the fans get behind the team this Saturday.

This badger team actually showed a little resilience last night after falling behind 14-0 to Nebraska. A nice change from the rest of the season where they’ve just looked lost.

Myself and other badger fans expected a much better year one from Fickell. This has been a disaster of a start for the new staff. Tressel took a solid defense and made them really bad. The “air raid” isn’t working and either needs a huge injection of talent, or just isn’t going to work in the big ten.

The badgers dig themselves huge holes to start every game. Last night they were able to battle back which I guess shows they haven’t quit on the season. Either way they haven’t been able to fix the slow starts.

If the gophers can come out early and put some points up I think they win this game. Ultimately I think both teams are pretty garbage. Losing three straight to the gophers would be indicative of the current state of the badger program. Fickell has a lot to fix and this year hasn’t been a huge confidence boost for fans in his ability to do it.

Wisconsin isn’t very good. If the Gophers can get their Spiritual aspect back to the elite level, we should win.

This.....I know people are down on everything right now but Wisconsin is not good this year either and we 100% can beat them. Going to come down to whatever team has the most healthy guys left and shows up ready to play in the rivalry game.
I believe we can beat them, too, if we can keep them off the scoreboard early. I will say this for the Badgers, they have the ability to come back from behind. Last week, Nebraska opened up a 14-0 lead in the 1Q. Against PJ's Gophers, a 14 point lead 100% guarantees a Gopher loss. Well, the Badgers stormed back and won the game, becoming bowl eligible. In seven years as the Gophers' coach, PJ has never come back from a 14 point deficit. Only once in seven years has he come back from a 10 point deficit (Nebraska, last year). That's what I fear most about the Badger game--that they get a two-score lead early.

Last edited:

Expecting an ugly game. We all know Fleck won’t play to win and will play to keep it close.

Whichever team makes a mistake late will lose the game. I fully expect the Gophers to be the team to make that mistake.

I will be there in spirit. But do we REALLY want to go to Detroit??? I don’t.
I live in Meechigan. I’d be there for those who can’t. However. I’m not pining for it. Probably if we lose to the skunks.

Ford field is pretty nice tho. I think maybe 20k showed up for the last motor city bowl game with Tech in 2018. Ibrahim was a beast. Tickets will be cheap. Seats will be even better. Especially when people don’t show up at the 50 yard line 10 rows up 👍🏻
😂😂😂

I think our players are capable of making the plays needed to win the game. That said, good coaches have shown we are easy to scheme against and Fickell is a good coach.

Both the least meaningful Axe game in several years, and also feels rather important, especially for Fleck and the Gophers.

A win Saturday ensures bowl eligibility the traditional way and creates a positive evaluation of what's been a frustrating season. If the Gophers beat their 3 core football rivals - Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin - in the same year, that's at least a decent season.

Losing the Axe at home to a marginal wisconsin team and possibly missing a bowl sets everyone up for a long 9 months of bearish sentiment about Gopher Football.

Top Bottom