All Metro BB Team

RockChalk

Reaction score
I noticed that all five of the first team all metro team, none are listed as going to the U of Minnesota. In fact 2 seniors on the 2nd team are also going out of state to play. C'mon Ben, let's keep our MN best in state.

Obviously, they don’t play for Wayzata or Titino-Grace so they can’t be that good

Stupid post. We got the two in-state players we wanted. They were from Cherry and from Alexandria. Have you even been paying attention?
You don't think Ben wanted McAndrew, Davis or Johnson-Arigu? Got it.

I do laugh at OP complaining a 2nd team all metro player is going out of state...to NDSU. He'd also bitch if Ben had landed him because he isnt good enough.

I do laugh at OP complaining a 2nd team all metro player is going out of state...to NDSU. He'd also bitch if Ben had landed him because he isnt good enough.
Considering he didn't offer *Chavis or Johnson-Arigu very obviously not. He also didn't offer McAndrew but I think that was lack of interest on his part.

Considering he didn't offer *Chavis or Johnson-Arigu very obviously not. He also didn't offer McAndrew but I think that was lack of interest on his part.
He didnt offer (that we know of) or they weren't ever interested so he didnt pursue--like McAndrew? Just saying we aren't omnipresent for his recruiting

He didnt offer (that we know of) or they weren't ever interested so he didnt pursue--like McAndrew? Just saying we aren't omnipresent for his recruiting
He already had a PG by the time Chavis started getting P5 offers and they have Betts and JOJ already who are similar to Johnson. McAndrew is a top 40 player and shouldn't be compared to them.

Cool story. Now do wisconsin.

Never mind, I'll do it for you.

The state of wisconsin (according to 247) has 3 players signing with D1 schools.
1 is going to Duke, 1 to Nebraska and 1 to Louisville.

Ohio puts out a lot of talent. They have 8 people signing with D1 schools. 1 to Cincinnati, 1 to tOSU, and the rest leaving the state.

Virginia always puts out a lot of talent, and I would bet a lot of those kids were in their formative years when they last won a national championship. 14 players from Virginia have been signed. 2 are staying in state at James Madison and VCU.

Stop thinking this is a Minnesota thing.

No, he didn't really want Chavis or Johnson-Agiru. Chavis is quick and fun to watch, but really doesn't shoot very well. It will be interesting to see how he does. Asuma is a better overall player than him, who will be better in college. Johnson-Agiru is a good athlete, but is essentially Ola-Joseph and limited offensively. He came on really late. Again, will be interesting to see how he does. McAndrew made it clear early on he wanted to go out of state to a small school, so Ben shouldn't have wasted a lot of time and energy there. Of course he would have taken him.

Agree with you on OP.

I noticed that all five of the first team all metro team, none are listed as going to the U of Minnesota. In fact 2 seniors on the 2nd team are also going out of state to play. C'mon Ben, let's keep our MN best in state.
Such a dumb post if you know MN high school basketball at all. Only one of those kids who Ben wanted was McAndrew and he made it clear very early, going into his junior year, that he wanted a small school and wanted to go out of state.

Fun how this appears after a win🥳👏📣

The state of wisconsin (according to 247) has 3 players signing with D1 schools.

Ohio puts out a lot of talent. They have 8 people signing with D1 schools. 1 to Cincinnati, 1 to tOSU, and the rest leaving the state.

Virginia always puts out a lot of talent, and I would bet a lot of those kids were in their formative years when they last won a national championship. 14 players from Virginia have been signed. 2 are staying in state at James Madison and VCU.

It's not a Minnesota thing to not be able to "lock down the borders" as you clearly point out. It's a Minnesota thing to care so much that we do.

Other than Robison I believe Ben would have taken any of the other four if they were interested.

No, he didn't really want Chavis or Johnson-Agiru. Chavis is quick and fun to watch, but really doesn't shoot very well. It will be interesting to see how he does. Asuma is a better overall player than him, who will be better in college. Johnson-Agiru is a good athlete, but is essentially Ola-Joseph and limited offensively. He came on really late. Again, will be interesting to see how he does. McAndrew made it clear early on he wanted to go out of state to a small school, so Ben shouldn't have wasted a lot of time and energy there. Of course he would have taken him.

Agree with you on OP.

Chavis shot 52% this year. Seems good to me. But what do I know.

Thanks for the input.

Other than Robison I believe Ben would have taken any of the other four if they were interested.
Based on what?

247 doesn’t show offers - so what do you know that they don't ( when that’s their vocation vs your avocation)?

Last edited:

Based on what?

247 doesn’t show offers - so what do you know that they don't ( when that’s their vocation vs your avocation)?
They obviously are recruiting players they think they have a chance at. Offers? like Willie Wilson offered by Florida Sites aren’t the gospel. Imo

So no answer to my specific question (bolded above)?

So does that mean you’re just guessing and throwing out something negative because you’re biased against Ben?

Makes me go🤔?

Last edited:

Stupid post. We got the two in-state players we wanted. They were from Cherry and from Alexandria. Have you even been paying attention?
Absolutely not. Thank you very kindly for pointing that out to me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your insight.

No, no he wouldn't but thanks for trying to read minds. Stick to your day job cuz you aren't real good at the other.

Oh but wait, wasn't or isn't that here on this forum anyway, one of the key things about Ben, Keep MN talent in state? LOL

Based on what?

Great question. Therein lies the entire BS of this forum. Nobody really knows but everyone will tell you they know this this and this about this kid and that kid. When in reality, none of us know jack about the inner goings on with recruiting.

Shouldn't you be worried about losing to a 13 seed while your team has a 10 million dollar payroll?
Their in trouble no doubt. I told NYC they most likely don't make the 2nd weekend. W/O McCullars you can stick a fork in them. I think they win their first game but lose to McNeese in the 2nd round.

Top Bottom