Kaaz

Reaction score
Bout that time..

K. Lucas (MSU)
McCamey (ILL)
Battle (PSU)
Hummel (PUR)
E. Turner (PSU)

Also in discussion: Sims, Shurna, M. Harris, E. Moore, Hughes, J. Johnson, Buford, D. Johnson

Who ya got

Iknow DJ played well last week, but he is not close to a 1st team all B10 player, IMO...If he played like he did against Indiana all year, he'd be a shoe in.

I think 2 of the purdue guys will make 1st team, especially if they end up winning the reg season title. Kalin Lucas would be my first guys off Kaaz's list b/c he has been very inconsistent this year (partly due to injury, but still)
E. Moore
McCamey
Battle
Hummel/J. Johnson
Turner

And while i don't think Damian is even close to making the team, based on his stats he should at least be in the discussion.
10.3pts 4.3 rebs 2.0ast 2.0blks 2.0stl
2+ assists, blocks, and steals isn't done very often
He's kind of like Manny harris in that he quietly puts up big numbers

Not only should E'Twaun Moore be a lock for 1st team, he would probably win POY if it weren't for Turner.

And while i don't think Damian is even close to making the team, based on his stats he should at least be in the discussion.
10.3pts 4.3 rebs 2.0ast 2.0blks 2.0stl
2+ assists, blocks, and steals isn't done very often
He's kind of like Manny harris in that he quietly puts up big numbers

Those are big numbers? Good all around numbers, but not approaching all B10 1st team, IMO...

Looks like 3rd team numbers to me on a team like the Gophers.

Those are big numbers? Good all around numbers, but not approaching all B10 1st team, IMO...

And those are his OVERALL numbers. His Big Ten averages are slightly different:
Rebounds: 5.1 (18th in the league)
Assists: 1.6 (??th...not high enough to be listed in the top 15)
Steals: 1.9 (3rd in the league)
Blocks: 1.9 (1st in the league)
Points: 9.9 (??th - again, not high enough to be listed in top)
Turnovers: 1.2

I never checked the stats, I just wanted to throw a gopher in there. I know a lot of bt coaches think highly of Damian. I don't think his game, besides the blocks, really translates to statistical categories. He throws a lot of fits for opposing teams. Nevertheless, I wouldn't consider him first or second teamer.

Actually, Hoff's Big 10 numbers are somewhat comparable with DJ's:
Reb: 4.3
Ast: 1.9
Stl: 0.6
Blk: 0.14!
TO: 0.8

I think you are vastly underestimating the difficulty of averaging 2 blocks and 2 steals per game...i mean he's the best "stealer" and the conference and the (tied for)2nd best "blocker" in the conference. Those stats are usually exclusive to each other.

I think you are vastly underestimating the difficulty of averaging 2 blocks and 2 steals per game...i mean he's the best "stealer" and the conference and the (tied for)2nd best "blocker" in the conference. Those stats are usually exclusive to each other.

I am no issue if he is voted onto the all big ten defensive team. Just dont think his offensive game is there, although he was great on Sat night.

Battle is a special player but I have a hard time putting a player from such a horrible squad on the 1st Team. I would go with: Hummel (PUR), Moore (PUR), Turner (OSU), McCamey (ILL) and Hughes (WIS)

If anything, I could easily see Moore or Hughes making it. Turner is an automatic bid, McCamey is near the top in scoring and assists, so have to believe he is in. Lucas could slip off the first team, due to that sprained ankle and inconsistent scoring, but I still have him making it. Battle is averaging nearly 20, yet he is on a bad team (he made 1st team last year, however). I think Moore might take Battle's spot, and then Hummel would also make it. Both average over 15 pts and Hummel is around 7 or 8 rebounds, I think.

Hughes is deserving too, because he is the best player on a top 20 team. I guess we'll wait for the season to unfold.

Gopherically, I would guess both Westbrook and Damian making 3rd team.

You gotta have Turner and assuming Purdue wins the B10 title you gotta have atleast 2 of Purdue's big 3. All 3 IMO, but I'm biased, should be on the first team but I know it will only be 2.

Right now
1st Team
Turner-B10 POY could be option either 1A. or 1B. of Nation POY
Moore-Could be B10 POY non-Turner division
Johnson-I don't think there is any arguement he is that best big in the B10
McCamey-See Moore
Lucas-MSU 10?-1 with him at 100% 0-3 with him less than 100%. Nuff' said.

2nd Team
Hummel-Very easy could be first team
Battle-Best player on the worst team
Shurna-He made NW look decent
Hughes-Wisco is easily better than the sum if it's parts but they need a little shout out(Do I need to go to confessional for saying that?)
???-Umm...you could go alotta different way here not sure who I should go with but for sh!ts and giggles I'll go Mark Titus.

2nd Team
Hummel-Very easy could be first team
Battle-Best player on the worst team
Shurna-He made NW look decent
Hughes-Wisco is easily better than the sum if it's parts but they need a little shout out(Do I need to go to confessional for saying that?)
???-Umm...you could go alotta different way here not sure who I should go with but for sh!ts and giggles I'll go Mark Titus.

???-Sims Michigan

???-Sims Michigan

First let me guess you have never heard of Club Tril. It really desearves its own thread by it writen by OSU walk-on Mark Titus and is worth reading. Highly recommend it. Anyway jovs I was going for a joke.

But you said Sims from Michigan and I'm not going to disagree with you but there many other candiates that should get consideration like Davis and Tisdale from ILL and Buford from OSU. I'm simply not sure who I would go with there without more research.

Blake could make 3rd team. You could argue he has been the Gops best player this year.

Top Bottom