All aboard the Kiffin wagon

westcoastgopher11

Reaction score
alright guys i know this one will be a fan favorite around the older crowd here (and the crusty local media like souhan/reusse) who definitely hates on him but lane kiffin would be the best thing to happen to minnesota football since the 60s.

we'd be blessed to have him consider coaching here because he could do a lot better than us frankly but we need this arrogant, smug great offensive mind patrolling the sidelines. our biggest liability in the kill/claeys era has been development of QBs, there is no argument against it flat out. the most important position in the game has been a total failure (no disrespect to mitch hes grown on me a little but hes still not great)

get bloomington jefferson's finest back in the twin cities and let him mentor seth green and turn him into a superstar.

all aboard now guys let's grassroots movement this and get him hired

He'll have better offers. I do think the facilities and new AD should lead to some decent options should we fire Claeys though.

Lane makes my list... here are some others:

Greg Schiano
PJ Fleck
Charlie Strong
Willie Taggart
Brent Venables
Jeff Brohm
Mike Sanford

He'll have better offers. I do think the facilities and new AD should lead to some decent options should we fire Claeys though.

true. but that's where we gotta tug at those HEARTSTRINGS and really get the 'one of us' crowd involved in the movement

Lane makes my list... here are some others:

Greg Schiano
PJ Fleck
Charlie Strong
Willie Taggart
Brent Venables
Jeff Brohm
Mike Sanford

You'll never get a bigger coach than Claeys.

You'll never get a bigger coach than Claeys.

giphy.gif

alright guys i know this one will be a fan favorite around the older crowd here (and the crusty local media like souhan/reusse) who definitely hates on him but lane kiffin would be the best thing to happen to minnesota football since the 60s.

we'd be blessed to have him consider coaching here because he could do a lot better than us frankly but we need this arrogant, smug great offensive mind patrolling the sidelines. our biggest liability in the kill/claeys era has been development of QBs, there is no argument against it flat out. the most important position in the game has been a total failure (no disrespect to mitch hes grown on me a little but hes still not great)

get bloomington jefferson's finest back in the twin cities and let him mentor seth green and turn him into a superstar.

Would he get a Notre Dame clause?

Would he get a Notre Dame clause?

hahahaha love it

but seriously id give him whatever he wants its not like we have much in the way of leverage for any coach of his caliber if we tried to bring them in

Since when is Kiffin a great offensive mind? He runs a pretty generic pro-style offense with 4/5 star talent.

Dumb. Even if Kiffin came here he would leave after a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since when is Kiffin a great offensive mind? He runs a pretty generic pro-style offense with 4/5 star talent.

totally nick saban hired him to coach his offense he must suck.

nevermind i forgot you totally know better than saban, you're right its impossible to run a generic pro-style offense and have success even with 3* talent. *looks across the st croix river*

oh wait....

totally nick saban hired him to coach his offense he must suck.

nevermind i forgot you totally know better than saban, you're right its impossible to run a generic pro-style offense and have success even with 3* talent. *looks across the st croix river*

oh wait....

You do realize that Kiffin has repeatedly failed at every head coaching job he has had, right? Alabama has a kick arse offense and you are sold. Sad.

This thread is a waste of time .I'm bummed about today's loss but a changing coaches thread after one bad loss isn't the way to go. Especially not cruisin Kiffen.Wehave changed coaches like underwear at Minnesota.Besides we dont need the distraction this week.This program needs to learn how to not let up untilthe clock says 00:00. I would like to give new head coach some leash.

You do realize that Kiffin has repeatedly failed at every head coaching job he has had, right? Alabama has a kick arse offense and you are sold. Sad.

you are on fire with theses hot takes man i forgot no coach has ever bounced back from bad early stints in charge to be good again.

seriously stop letting your saltiness and hatred for kiffin blind you from the truth - he would be a slam dunk hire for the program

Sorry but it's between Les Miles and PJ Fleck.

I don't think we can take Les Miles. I mean he's a huge upgrade. But he already loses games in the most Gophery of ways. Putting the two together might tear a whole in the universe.

Choosing between Kiffin and Charley Strong would be terribly ironic. They should bring Joel in the room and demand he pick. Then hire the other one.

you are on fire with theses hot takes man i forgot no coach has ever bounced back from bad early stints in charge to be good again.

seriously stop letting your saltiness and hatred for kiffin blind you from the truth - he would be a slam dunk hire for the program

Yet you have concluded Claeys won't bounce back. Gotcha.

I'd be willing to give Lane a fair shake. I'd love to see Les but we don't have natural grass and probably don't have the cash to get him here. Fleck will have better offers after this year than Minnesota.

Yet you have concluded Claeys won't bounce back. Gotcha.

man you gotta take a few off your logic is getting worse - bounce back from what? this is his first head coaching job and i think you'd agree on the job training as the head man isnt ideal in a P5 conference.

even though i shouldnt ask: who do you think has a higher ceiling as a head coach? claeys or kiffin? ill hang up and listen on this one the answer should be pretty telling.

man you gotta take a few off your logic is getting worse - bounce back from what? this is his first head coaching job and i think you'd agree on the job training as the head man isnt ideal in a P5 conference.

even though i shouldnt ask: who do you think has a higher ceiling as a head coach? claeys or kiffin? ill hang up and listen on this one the answer should be pretty telling.

I would take Claeys over Kiffin. 10 out of 10 times.

My point is you are a hypocrite. You are calling for the coaches head because you believe he has failed as a HC in just 4 games. Yet when someone points out your appointed savior has failed multiple times as a head coach - in more than one place and more than 1 league - we just don't understand that coaches who fail can bounce back.

Logical enough for ya?

I would take Claeys over Kiffin. 10 out of 10 times.

nothing more needs to be said man - this schtick is so tired. you strawman so hard its embarrassing, i would hardly call claeys a failure but if you seriously think tracy claeys has a lower ceiling as a head coach than lane kiffin you're delusional

im just thankful you arent the AD

nothing more needs to be said man - this schtick is so tired. you strawman so hard its embarrassing, i would hardly call claeys a failure but if you seriously think tracy claeys has a lower ceiling as a head coach than lane kiffin you're delusional

im just thankful you arent the AD

I love the part of my post you edited out. Tool. Good Talk.

I love the part of my post you edited out. Tool. Good Talk.

what part was that? i just added that im thankful you arent the ad.

drop the ad hominen because you cant form a coherent thought

Lane Kiffin would really tie the room together.

Teams loses one of those "guaranteed" wins GHolers were counting all spring and summer and now Lane Kiffin should be hired as head coach. How fast things change around here.

Top Bottom