Al Nolen (From Gophersports)

In each of the past two seasons, Nolen has ripped 64 steals and has totaled 171 for his career. With just 45 additional steals in his upcoming senior year, Nolen will become the all-time steals leader in Golden Gopher history passing Gopher great Melvin Newbern (1988 - 1990). Nolen is also sitting in third all-time for the Gophers in assists per game at 4.1, and if he pulls that dish rate up to 4.6 he will leave the program ranked second all-time in that category.

"Coach [Smith] has given me a lot of knowledge since I have been here from day one. He has put a lot of pressure on me and is investing a lot in me. From watching him being a vocal person, it has helped me being the point-guard as I have to be more vocal."

We know his defense and assists will be there... finish at the rim, knock down a couple threes and he'll have the great senior season that he's been working towards.

Hopefully Al worked hard this summer and will come back with some fire this next year; his defense will especially be needed at the point (Lucas, Battle, McCamey, etc.).

Top Bottom