After Gophers paid $800,000 to bail, series against North Carolina back on

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Greder:

In 2018, Gophers athletic director Mark Coyle and football coach P.J. Fleck set up another series with the Tar Heels. The first matchup comes Saturday in Chapel Hill, N.C., and UNC will come to Minneapolis for an appetizing season opener in 2024.

“This is big-boy football,” Fleck said on his KFAN radio show Tuesday.

Go Gophers!!

Reading only the headline with the pull quote makes it sound as if the current Gopher coach "bailed".

You know, is it just me or is the whole "Kill chickened out against North Carolina" storyline more than a little... well, old?

In an industry that prides itself on delivering the news and commentary on current events, this particular chestnut seems waaaaay past its expiration date. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it is getting really tired, dog-eared and even musty-smelling. It has certainly been written about before... and even, I'd say, done to death.

I guess it must be hard to come up with an original, fresh angle all the time.

Last edited:

From what I remember, Kill backed out of the North Carolina series, then we did a series with TCU, who was stronger than North Carolina, one year later, and got most if not all of the money back that we paid to UNC.

From what I remember, Kill backed out of the North Carolina series, then we did a series with TCU, who was stronger than North Carolina, one year later, and got most if not all of the money back that we paid to UNC.

Should have beat TCU @ TCF in the opener

Should have beat TCU @ TCF in the opener
We played our butts off with that one and I believe we had a couple of season altering injuries that literally hobbled us for the remaining schedule. Not sure who but it was tough,

Both sides played very hard. After this I am not in favor of those types of games to start a season.

Now playing Nebbie...that's a different ask...

North Carolina would have been very beatable in those games. It would have been like Fleck paying off Colorado in 2020 when it turned out those games were like playing Rutgers on a 4th string QB.

Frost wanted to back out from the OK game but his AD told him no.

I read yesterday that Indiana is paying $1M to get out of the last 2 games of the 3 game deal with Louisville.

Top Bottom