Adam Woodbury

Hopefully Hammons likes us. Woodbury never stopped gushing about how paige is the reason he got so prominent. Don't like that Old Roy is setting up shop in the Mid West. Get your own talent Roy!

Chances of landing Woodbury just went wayyyyyy down. Oh well...honestly he reminded me of Colt a lot and he didn't work out too well. No offense to Colt--he put his heart and soul into the team when he was here.

My bet would be on Iowa even with UNC in the picture. Mike Gesell's commitment helps. Could turn out to be a nice little class for Fran.

Honestly though id rather see him at UNC than iowa. No collateral damage please :)

lets just say not all on MN staff we're that thrilled with Woodbury to begin with

Honestly though id rather see him at UNC than iowa. No collateral damage please :)

Agreed. I am fine losing out to Duke and UNC (only to beat them during the season), but certain Big 10 teams just hurt to lose recruits to.

And maybe if what Woodbury says is true about Paige bringing out the best of him, he wouldn't be as productive as he appears now without him (paige) in college. Good luck to you Adam.

Lets go Hammons!

That makes me question our staff even more. Just looked at his updated offer list... if those schools want him, I'd hope all of our staff would too.

lets just say not all on MN staff we're that thrilled with Woodbury to begin with

I would think Iowa will be the favorite with AAU teammate Mike Gesell committing there today. He told me that he is going to work on Woodbury to join him in Iowa City.

Chris Monter

That is a bit puzzling on this staff. They sure seem to waffle a lot on guys and/or wait around to get in on them until it is too late.

In this case, Woodbury is located closer to our campus than Iowa's campus (and all other Big Ten campuses except Nebraska). He has offers from Iowa, Wisconsin, and every other regional BCS school, has Kansas sniffing around, and now has a UNC offer. We have offered, but were relatively late to the party and still, apparently, there are guys on our staff who aren't thrilled with him? Interesting to say the least.

We were actually early to the party to recruit him, which puzzles me because if they showed intrest that early, but weren't impressed, what are we doing? Nick Banyard should be a program changer. ;)

I don't think the Gophers were late on Woodbury at all. I believe Tubby made a visit to his high school in the Spring. As for the joke about Banyard being a program changer by Go Gophs, I'd argue that is very unlikely that Woodbury will be a program changer as well. Big guys, more specifically centers, are rarely program changers at the college level.

Program changer was an exaggeration, but would AW have a huge impact on our team after losing Trevor and Ralph? yes, he'd probably be our second best post if not best. Banyard most likely would be the worst.

We were actually early to the party to recruit him

We weren't early to the party in relation to the regional schools. Iowa offered Woodbury in May of 2009. ISU offered in September of 2009. Nebraska, Creighton, Drake, and Utah offered Woodbury in the spring of 2010. Minnesota offered Woodbury in July of 2010 (or 14 months AFTER Iowa and 10 months AFTER Iowa State). That's a nice head start for those schools. That was my point. If we want to take advantage of a regional kid who lives relatively close to our campus, I think it is in our best interest to be 'early to the party' against similar regional schools. We weren't. UNC and Kansas can afford to be 'late to the party', but Minnesota likely can't, but we were. And, according to JohnnyGopher, there are staff members still not impressed with him, which is likely why we were late to the party. I like this Minnesota staff, but there does seem to be a lot of hemming-and-hawing with them in making recruiting decisions.

Good info tjgopher. I stand corrected that the Gophers were late to the party in comparison to regional schools. I would certainly hope that we wouldn't be competing with Iowa/Iowa State for recruits under Tubby Smith, but for a kid who lives in Iowa (regardless of being closer to the the Twin Cities than Iowa City) it probably is relevant that the Gophers offered approximately a year after the Iowa schools. It will be interesting to see who the Gophers end up with in this class.

We were early to the party in terms of schools that are actual players in the recruitment. ISU is a nonfactor becuase he doesnt want to go there. I dont think it would've mattered if we offered before iowa did. Case and point: Josh Oglesby

Top Bottom