Adam Weber appears to have the starting job

GopherFish

Reaction score
Weber appears headed to being named starter. I wonder if Gray will be moved to wide receiver so that he can get more playtime.

Moses will be the starter next year. Much better passer then Gray

Adam will be the starter. 100% guarantee on that. Gray will stay as a slot QB and spot player, but this is Webers year to win or lose.

I agree with this move and think he is their best bet to win. Gray will be a great starter next year.

Next year meaning 2011-12 (following Webers senior year).

If this is the case I think it's a mistake, I've seen what Weber has to offer and I haven't been impressed. Gray offers a whole new dimension to the offense and I think he should be in there.

If this is the case I think it's a mistake, I've seen what Weber has to offer and I haven't been impressed. Gray offers a whole new dimension to the offense and I think he should be in there.

Agree. And Weber can also be blamed for fan apathy because everybody has seen what he brings and it is not much to get excited about. Announce Gray as your starter now and new excitement will come in anticipation to the season opener to see the Gray era.

Agree. And Weber can also be blamed for fan apathy because everybody has seen what he brings and it is not much to get excited about. Announce Gray as your starter now and new excitement will come in anticipation to the season opener to see the Gray era.

Call me crazy, but I blame fan apathy on the fans themselves. It sickens me that people who call themselves fans would even think about blaming someone else. True, loyal fans will support the team no matter what; not blame the QB for lack of interest in the team. I want my team to win just as much as the next guy, but I just can't see how ripping the program and the personel will help. I'm trying to get season tickets this year as I can finally afford them, so if you have them do me a favor and don't renew. I sure hope Adam Weber reads this thread. If he does, he'll know that he has the full support of this true Gopher Football fan! Go Adam Weber, and Go Gophers!

I've never been high on Weber, but if he's the starter then he's my guy. Doesn't mean I won't analyze or even criticize, but it won't be in the context of wishing ill on my favorite team. Some of you malcontents need to think a moment or two before ripping off a whiner of a post. First, consider whether or not you know more than the head coach, offensive coordinator and QB coach who, depending on the organization, settle on the offensive roster. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Brewster and his staff have better knowledge of each of their players than anyone on this board, unless someone around here is actually part of the team.

All that said, my biggest disappointment regarding Brewster was allowing on-field results and what seemed like public sentiment lead him away from the spread. That's the offense suitable for Gray. The fact that Weber has had hard times and the coaches have not looked to Gray in a meaningful way doesn't mean they don't understand who can play, it means they're convinced Gray isn't ready to do the job. I want to see his athleticism, but I want to see it in a context that makes success possible. Moaning for a new QB just because you're unhappy with the won / lost record does nothing for the team.

Top Bottom