Adam Rittenberg: Ohio State 41, Minnesota 14

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Ohio State 41, Minnesota 14: Jim Tressel's squad hasn't been great on the road this season, but the trend ends Saturday night at TCF Bank Stadium. Minnesota's defense can't stop anyone, and Ohio State will light up the Gophers secondary with Dane Sanzenbacher and DeVier Posey. Adam Weber tests the Buckeyes' banged-up secondary and fires two touchdown passes, but Ohio State pulls away before halftime and never looks back.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/18669/page/thursday-predictions/big-ten-predictions-week-9

Go Gophers!!

I think that's being generous - I think it will be worse than that.

Yeah, I wish I had more optimism but I can't help but feel like 41-17 is about as close as it could possibly be. Obviously if there are weird plays such as special teams or defensive touchdowns it could be closer but I don't see any way we aren't dominated on both sides of the ball, especially upfront.

Pryor will not play one snap in the 2nd Half meanwhile Weber will have every snap on our end...

Pryor will not play one snap in the 2nd Half meanwhile Weber will have every snap on our end...

Point made, but like I said, 56-7.

Seriously, you're probably right, but they put up 42 on Purdue in the first half and I'll guess they'll do about the same on Saturday night.

Ohio State 41, Minnesota 14: Jim Tressel's squad hasn't been great on the road this season, but the trend ends Saturday night at TCF Bank Stadium. Minnesota's defense can't stop anyone, and Ohio State will light up the Gophers secondary with Dane Sanzenbacher and DeVier Posey. Adam Weber tests the Buckeyes' banged-up secondary and fires two touchdown passes, but Ohio State pulls away before halftime and never looks back.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/18669/page/thursday-predictions/big-ten-predictions-week-9

Go Gophers!!

Can't argue with that. I could be worse.

I'll be praying for a freak torrential blizzard. That should even the playing field a bit.

Paul Douglas just said the high will be 32 degrees with a 70 percent chance of precipitation and 60percent chance of snipers.

Everytime we predict a shellacking, it usually doesn't happen. So I'm gonna operate under the "it'll be closer than we think" scope. Say, a 20-7 game at halftime, that turns into a 41-17 final after a "feel good TD" late. Yes, that may still be a pretty good beating, but I just don't forsee a Purdue-type beating here.

If Mn. scores 14, they will come in garbage time, so AW can fatten his stats.

Top Bottom