Adam Rittenberg blog: Q&A: Minnesota coach Jerry Kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
You, unregistered user, and dpdoll have all been absolutely OWNED in this thread and taken to the woodshed. Please, just stop, you are embarrassing yourselves.

Tell you what, tough guy. Let's put it to a poll question - "Did Brewster lie when he said his coaching record was 113-61 (or whatever the blog said)?" Choices are a simple yes or no. We'll leave the poll open for 3 days. If yes wins, I will leave this forum and never post again. If no wins, you will leave this forum and never post again. Do we have a deal? Let's see if you are as yellow as you are stupid and lacking good taste in music.

Some people seem to have a tremendous difficulty in discerning between a "coach" and the head coach at a D-1 BCS football program.

You really think Brewster completely fooled the likes of Mike Shanahan and Mack Brown (among others) for 20+ years in a profession like this? Good grief, get a grip.

Brewster was a horrible head coach that was nowhere near ready for a head gig at a BCS school. But a horrible coach, an idiot, a slimeball, a liar? Some of you people have some serious anger issues....

Besides all that, the fact that there are 5 folks from the 2007 class left (or whatever it is), is 90% on Mason, 10% on Brewster. Those were kids that Mason should have been bringing along and recruiting for the last 2 years before he left. Thanks a million, Glen.

Enjoyable post.

Tell you what, tough guy. Let's put it to a poll question - "Did Brewster lie when he said his coaching record was 113-61 (or whatever the blog said)?" Choices are a simple yes or no. We'll leave the poll open for 3 days. If yes wins, I will leave this forum and never post again. If no wins, you will leave this forum and never post again. Do we have a deal? Let's see if you are as yellow as you are stupid and lacking good taste in music.

It's too subjective. It's semantics. Did he lie? No. Did he purposely decieve people by claiming he has over 100 victories? Without question. In fact you have to be deaf, blind, and stupid to not see this was an intentional attempt by Brewster to pad his resume.

Legitimate websites wrote stories about this. It's not normal. Unfortunately for Brew its par for the course.

STP Gopher's Quote ......"Seriously, One way to think of this is a resume. Think about when you discuss accomplishments. Often those accomplishments were team accomplishments, but you list them because you made a contribution."

Recipe for Head Coaching Resumes - by George O' Leary

1) Take 2 classes at NYU Stony-Brook University,
2) Contribute by participating in discussion, attending class, and taking your exams.
3) Claim you fulfilled the requirements for a Master's degree because of your contributions in those courses,
4) Sprinkle in 3 fake letters earned at New Hampshire and
5) Submit to University

Heat in oven for 2 weeks and DONE

This could have interesting interpretations

Um, this was the whole freaking point. He said Brew lied and he didn't. The technicality is everything. It's like saying "technically the sky is blue" and then saying it's green. There is no room for debate on this point. That was my problem with it and that was seemingly dpdoll's problem with it given the fact that dpdoll said calling Brew "duplicitous, disingenuous, or beguiling" would be ok. I feel the same way. I can understand why someone would consider it to be shady and personally, this is on a list of things I wish he'd never done. But it doesn't make him a liar and IMO it doesn't come close to making him into a slimeball.

What exactly is sky? Is it just the cloudless blue color above our heads during a cloudless day? Or is it the black stuff at night? Technically, it has no color. The light bending through it has color. I have seen green sky -- on cloudy days just before storms and whenever there has been toxic gas.

On the other hand, I think your definition is spot on. Because culturally, we all think of it as blue. I think even my daughters second grade teacher defines it as blue, although I don't think she is an expert at defining the physical properties of our atmosphere.

Yet, I am off topic. What was it again?

Are you 12 years old?

Dude just give it up, you lost this one.

Are you 12 years old?

Dude just give it up, you lost this one.

DMB123:

Speak for yourself, pi$$ing contest winner.

Doc, the Head Referee of Pi$$ing contests has made his final decision. I decided to come out of retirement.

My final decision based on Rule 1 section 1.A.i(a) sub paragraph (2)(a) (clarification) of the pi$$ing contest rulebook is this:

"The arguer one is, the wronger one is."

This is not a protestable decision, the decision of the Head Referee is final.

The JC thing would be a non-issue if the attrition hadn't been so high throughout the rest of the class.

True...along with that the JC route was necessary at the time because the team was lacking in so many areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom