Active Shooter at Michigan State University

Michigan St won’t be playing for awhile I’m guessing.

Nothing official but seeing reports that the death count could be significant.

Seeing official reports of three dead + gunman. Others injured so total could rise.

Fucking awful. Terrifying and life altering for so many people.

Tears for the families and friends whose path is forever changed. Senseless and tragic.

Sounds like the killer had no connection to the school--at least he wasn't a student or staff.

cue the Boomtown Rats:

And he can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown?
I don't like Mondays
(Tell me why)
I don't like Mondays
(Tell me why)
I don't like
I don't like
(Tell me why)
I don't like Mondays
(Tell me why)
I don't like
I don't like
(Tell me why)
I don't like Mondays
(Tell me why)
I don't like Mondays
I wanna shoot the whole day down

cue the Boomtown Rats:

And he can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown?
I don't like Mondays
(Tell me why)
I don't like Mondays
(Tell me why)
I don't like
I don't like
(Tell me why)
I don't like Mondays
(Tell me why)
I don't like
I don't like
(Tell me why)
I don't like Mondays
(Tell me why)
I don't like Mondays
I wanna shoot the whole day down
Not really sure that's appropriate, nor in good taste.

Wow, this is an amazing circumstance. A Mich St senior from Newtown, CT who survived Sandy Hook was in a building across from the incident last night.

Last edited:

Wow, this is an amazing circumstance. A Mich St senior from Newtown, CT who survived Sandy Hook was in a building across from the incident last night.

There were also several students who were part of the Oxford shooting in 2021. They’ve survived 2 school shootings in 14 months. Sad that this is the norm.

At this point I almost expect my 3 year old to be involved in some sort of incident and that is scary.

There were also several students who were part of the Oxford shooting in 2021. They’ve survived 2 school shootings in 14 months. Sad that this is the norm.

At this point I almost expect my 3 year old to be involved in some sort of incident and that is scary.
Ted Kennedy on the assassination of his brother's, John and Bobby: "We go on because we must."

We enjoy every moment with our loved ones, knowing that this moment may be the last. Be kind.

We enjoy every moment with our loved ones, knowing that this moment may be the last. Be kind.
…and don’t shoot people you don’t even know. Just put that fucking GUN that you possess for no other reason than to give yourself a false sense of security and a hard on, back in your pocket and go home. Go directly home, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
AMEN

I watched that video. Something is off.

PTSD fracture? what? Maybe some stress reaction, but caused from her position? And PTSD? Your bone is either broken or not. Fractures don’t break again because your stressed. Emotions from trauma can get locked in muscle, but that’s rereleased as the emotion when the muscle gets stimulated via massage.

She was in same school district as Sandy Hook, but not the school. Sandy Hook’s top grade was 4th.

She was on the MI State campus. So she says.

Well, if it helps this is just availability bias. Mass shootings are hard to take, and school shootings are emotionally worse.

However, there are 14,500 homicides by firearm in the US per year. About 100 will be killed during mass shootings.

The probability of dying in a school shooting is almost zero. They just stick with us so much.

The media is really the culprit. In the 1990s the FBI notes 13 mass shootings. From 2000-2020 the FBI noted 13 mass school shootings.

When one considers that some of these events are the results of them being contagious (literally), one of the best things to do is refrain from consuming any news involving a mass shooter.

This is like on the eastern seaboard after 9/11: it was hard to find someone who didn't know someone who was personally affected. With this scale of a national phenomenon, you're going to get a lot of connections like this.

Last edited:

Well, if it helps this is just availability bias. Mass shootings are hard to take, and school shootings are emotionally worse.

However, there are 14,500 homicides by firearm in the US per year. About 100 will be killed during mass shootings.

The probability of dying in a school shooting is almost zero. They just stick with us so much.

The media is really the culprit. In the 1990s the FBI notes 13 mass shootings. From 2000-2020 the FBI noted 13 mass school shootings.

When one considers that some of these events are the results of them being contagious (literally), one of the best things to do is refrain from consuming any news involving a mass shooter.
I think your numbers are off. They've been reporting that this is the 67th mass shooting in 2023, and it's Feb. 15. Minimizing the problem is really perverted.

Top Bottom