According to 24/7, Uncommitted Gopher Recruits that are getting a lot of attention from us.

Reaction score
PlayerPosition24/7 RatingsVisit Date
Kaden JohnsonOLB0.9307
Terry Lockett WR0.87
Jah JoynerWDE0.8674
Wesley BaileyWDE0.8527
12/13/2019​
Tyrell LawrenceOG0.8398
12/13/2019​
Justin HodgesCB0.8269
DeVere LevelstonSDE0.7953
12/13/2019​
Donald Trey Toner III TE
Wyatt SchroederTE0.7898
Ben WilemanILB0.6997

With less than a week to go until early signing period, listed above are 2020 grads and a Community College Player (Dever Levelston) who are either WARM to the Gophers or getting late attention. I see Donald Toner, Wyatt Schroeder and Ben Wileman as PWO's. Anyone that I'm missing at this point? Living, Breathing Doc., feel free to add or delete as they fall off from the board.

When I open the "targets" page, Devere has .86 rating with 12 other offers, but then open his specific page, he's a .7953 with 2 offers. Maybe his page hasn't been updated.

Good catch. An .86 ranking seems more logical for us to pursue than someone at .79 especially for a CC kid.

I don't think the "warm" necessarily means that much. Nor do they get updated that often.

Did Terry Lockett not want to come here or did we go another route with our recruiting? Didn't know anything about his recruiting but was surprised to see he's going to Michigan State.

Do you think the Gophers have a 50% chance of landing Kaden or much lower?

From what I've seen and based on the lack of interaction by coaches since the end of the season, both Kaden and Lockett did not have actionable offers.

In regards to Johnson (if he does in fact go elsewhere) you always hate to see high ranked in state talent leave but it is what it is. Some kids just want to get away from home and go somewhere else.

Have fun in Nebraska Kaden or where ever you go.

Quite happy with Jaqwondis Burns' offer list and coming from IMG is a great sign! See ya later, Kaden

We'd make room for Kaden. I don't think he is coming here, but we'd find a spot.

We'd make room for Kaden. I don't think he is coming here, but we'd find a spot.
Considering the coaches never even stopped in to see him over the last few weeks, I don't think we'd make room for him.

Jah Joyner is the only player I see us making room for at the moment.

Considering the coaches never even stopped in to see him over the last few weeks, I don't think we'd make room for him.

Jah Joyner is the only player I see us making room for at the moment.

I don't think this is wrong. I have no inside info but Joyner seems like the one guy we are currently recruiting that we'd make room for.

Word is that Kaden Johnson will be this year's David Alston.

Wileman and Schroeder have committed to us as PWO's. Lawrence committed as a scholarship player this weekend. Logan-Redding committed so we aren't going to pursue Bailey. As BFFF said, Joyner is the only guy who would be a take.

Fun following the 247 commitment list. Big Ten West really having a nice recruiting year. Lots of stability in HC's in the B1G right now which is great for recruiting. The West should be really competitive for near future.

247 has MN at 5th in the West, but I think we're the only class should a max of 25 commitments at this point.

Frost is showing big this last week in Nebraska and Johnson would be his 8th 4* commit.

Any idea how many European players get signed by P5 teams? A quick search didn't give me any info on this. Seems like that could be an interesting market for getting athletes.

You know more than Ryan Burns? We quit recruiting him 3 weeks ago and didn’t do any in-home visits with him. But carry on with your opinion.

Ha. No. I just don't believe the things Ryan Burns tricks suckers into paying for are gospel. Some of them turn out to be true (like I think there is a really good chance that Kaden doesn't come to the U) but that is just simple deduction more than any kind of scoop.

Additionally, your points have absolutely nothing to do with my point. I know it's over your head again. If Kaden Johnson called PJ Fleck and said he wanted to be a Gopher - there would be room.

You're showing evidence that he won't be a Gopher/doesn't want to be a Gopher. These are different things. I think you should shell out a couple more pennies to Burnsie and see if he will do your thinking for you too.

Ha. No. I just don't believe the things Ryan Burns tricks suckers into paying for are gospel. Some of them turn out to be true (like I think there is a really good chance that Kaden doesn't come to the U) but that is just simple deduction more than any kind of scoop.

Additionally, your points have absolutely nothing to do with my point. I know it's over your head again. If Kaden Johnson called PJ Fleck and said he wanted to be a Gopher - there would be room.

You're showing evidence that he won't be a Gopher/doesn't want to be a Gopher. These are different things. I think you should shell out a couple more pennies to Burnsie and see if he will do your thinking for you too.
I won’t waste my time arguing with someone who doesn’t really know. J Burns has an offer list that is similar to Kaden’s and is ranked relatively close. Many schools aren’t interested in Kaden because he’s not 6’4” and didn’t have great senior year film. He might not even have a commitable offer from Wisky. We have 4 linebacker commits, so it really isn’t that preposterous that we moved on.

I won’t waste my time arguing with someone who doesn’t really know. J Burns has an offer list that is similar to Kaden’s and is ranked relatively close. Many schools aren’t interested in Kaden because he’s not 6’4” and didn’t have great senior year film. He might not even have a commitable offer from Wisky. We have 4 linebacker commits, so it really isn’t that preposterous that we moved on.

The difference between you and me is that I don't pretend to know. I wouldn't pretend to know just because I was swindled into believing I had insider info.

Do I know that the staff wouldn't take Kaden if he called them? No. Neither do you. Neither does Burns.

Common sense? Of course we would make room for him.

As for teams not being interested, someone should tell Nebraska (who had him for an official in September) and LSU (who offered during his SR year) that he wasn't very good this year. Those folks should really sign up for GI so they can get clued in.

The difference between you and me is that I don't pretend to know. I wouldn't pretend to know just because I was swindled into believing I had insider info.

Do I know that the staff wouldn't take Kaden if he called them? No. Neither do you. Neither does Burns.

Common sense? Of course we would make room for him.

As for teams not being interested, someone should tell Nebraska (who had him for an official in September) and LSU (who offered during his SR year) that he wasn't very good this year. Those folks should really sign up for GI so they can get clued in.
But you just did pretend to know and insisted Johnson is still a take. Do you even realize what you’re writing?

The Kaden situation is a little perplexing. Why in the hell hasn’t he committed somewhere? At this point, I won’t even be shocked if he ends up at Oregon State.

The Kaden situation is a little perplexing. Why in the hell hasn’t he committed somewhere? At this point, I won’t even be shocked if he ends up at Oregon State.
I would tell you but Bobby won't believe it. Even though the info is from someone who makes his career off Gopher recruiting info and has connections to the staff.

Nope. He had his chance but he couldn't be a Gopher now even if he wanted to. Well I guess he could walk-on but that would be his only way.

Top Bottom