ACC coaches are jealous Syracuse ended up in the Pinstripe Bowl. What makes it so coveted?

Still, the article is a good read, and probably deserves its own thread and byline, because there has been so much whining about the Pinstripe on other threads. The article explains clearly why the Pinstripe is a very good bowl for the team and players. The fans who hoped for a warm-weather interlude for themselves are disappointed ... for a personal opportunity they feel they have lost. But this bowl should be the trip of a lifetime for so many of the young men on our team. And this will be a "home game" for Syracuse, which will be coming to play ... and has won both of its prior appearances in the bowl. I expect a hard-fought game in a great stadium in a great city. Go Gophers.

Was discussed a bit, but I'm not 100% sure either. It's become apparent that the Pinstripe holds a lot more clout in the ACC vs. B1G, but I think a lot of it has to do with their other bowl tie-ins. This bowl is considered a "First Tier" bowl for the ACC and for teams clustered around it, if they don't get NYC then they're possibly looking at Boston, Annapolis, or El Paso.

Yeah....but what do the bowl eligible ACC teams think?

Top Bottom