Abu Shamala, LMAC, Jodie Meeks, Rajon Rondo

Blizzard

Reaction score
Nice to hear last night during the telecast that these three were behind the Gopher bench last night. Meeks was a standout player last year for Kentucky playing with the Milwaukee Bucks this year after entering the draft.

Nice to see Rajon Rondo also showing the love for Tubby the other day as well-

Defensive whiz Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo, in town to play the Timberwolves on Wednesday night, said he loved playing at Kentucky for Tubby Smith, now the University of Minnesota Gophers' coach.

"Tubby's a defensive-minded coach, and that's where I got my mindset for my game," said Rondo, who led the Celtics' 92-90 victory with 18 points and six assists

We sat in the second row, directly behind the team. Jamal was there, LMAC was there but we never saw Meeks or Rondo. LMAC's dad (HC at Holy Angels) was there, Mike Sherels was also present but no NBA players. Just like Westbrook, LMAC looks way skinnier. Also Jeff Wills from the football and I think Tinsley. The three naughty boys (White, Bostick, Mbakwe) were way too happy for my liking. I don't know why, but I just don't think these three should be laughing and telling jokes.

The three naughty boys (White, Bostick, Mbakwe) were way too happy for my liking.

It was impossible for me to get an idea, but it didn't stop me of course, but Royce looked rather sheepish every time I saw him get up the huddle during timeouts.

The Rondo quote was from Charley Walters from Wed's game. Tubby updated his Twitter with Meeks being there last night. It didn't surprise me. I remember reading the Meeks family and Tubby were very close.

It was impossible for me to get an idea, but it didn't stop me of course, but Royce looked rather sheepish every time I saw him get up the huddle during timeouts.

The Rondo quote was from Charley Walters from Wed's game. Tubby updated his Twitter with Meeks being there last night. It didn't surprise me. I remember reading the Meeks family and Tubby were very close.

The first person Orestes Meeks (Jodie's Dad) called when Jodie broke the UK scoring record with 54 points last winter was Tubby Smith.

The Meeks' family likes Tubby a lot.

Most people do.

The three naughty boys (White, Bostick, Mbakwe) were way too happy for my liking. I don't know why, but I just don't think these three should be laughing and telling jokes.
I thought the same thing.

We sat in the second row, directly behind the team. Jamal was there, LMAC was there but we never saw Meeks or Rondo. LMAC's dad (HC at Holy Angels) was there, Mike Sherels was also present but no NBA players. Just like Westbrook, LMAC looks way skinnier. Also Jeff Wills from the football and I think Tinsley. The three naughty boys (White, Bostick, Mbakwe) were way too happy for my liking. I don't know why, but I just don't think these three should be laughing and telling jokes.

wow! you can not be serious?! just because they have some external issues to deal with does not mean they can't act like normal kids and can never, ever be happy in public.

some of you are frickin' unbelievable. please! :rolleyes:

I wasn't there so I don't know what they were doing but I would be cautious in reading contrition or lack there of. Conversely had they sat morosely on the bench, we could have a thread about how they were sulking.

I personally am a fan of the hockey model where non-players sit up in the pressbox.

I wasn't there so I don't know what they were doing but I would be cautious in reading contrition or lack there of. Conversely had they sat morosely on the bench, we could have a thread about how they were sulking.

I personally am a fan of the hockey model where non-players sit up in the pressbox.

exactly............

I was at the game last night. They seemed to be as involved as you can possibly get when your team is up by such a large margin.

Sherels' wife Emily works for Tubby.

Top Bottom