Absolutely terrible.

Prolific

Reaction score
I hate to be this negative but we should be losing by 30 right now, this is the worst halfcourt offense I have ever seen.

I hate to be this negative but we should be losing by 30 right now, this is the worst halfcourt offense I have ever seen.

It has been 4 years and our offense is still terrible...I did not know having the guards dribble for 25seconds outside the arc and then try to force up garbage was an offense. Tubby may know D but his offense is D-III level at best.

You must be wrong. Tubby can do no wrong. I am starting to understand the frustrations of the UK fans. Great D is one thing, but no offensive flow. Can he recruit a player who can shoot?

Kevin McHale

Looks like he was ready to puke. Gotta be thinking. Wonder how I would've done if I had pursued the Gopher job??

They really own the Big Ten. B-ball and football teams are on a different level. Yes I know they lost to W.

You must be wrong. Tubby can do no wrong. I am starting to understand the frustrations of the UK fans. Great D is one thing, but no offensive flow. Can he recruit a player who can shoot?

Tough to have an offensive flow if you have no point guard right.

Execution is one issue, but the biggest issue is that this team QUIT. Show some pride

Well, ouch. Looks like about a fricken lame-ass game. Now I'm not quite so upset that today of all days my satellite reception has decided to sh*t the bed.

Offense? The offensive play looks superb compared to the defense. Pretty Poor effort all around though.

Rodney Williams is still a waist of playing time. He does nothing on the court. Hollins and Chip may make some mistakes out there, but at least they can score and drive to the basket. This team is in big trouble.

Chip did a great job today, he has some promise.

The lack of shooters is a disgrace though, shooting is the easiest thing to recruit and we have one guy who should even be attempting threes.

Boy has this season gone downhill. After the PR tourney I was having delusions of a possible Big Ten title.

Boy has this season gone downhill. After the PR tourney I was having delusions of a possible Big Ten title.

It started going down hill when Tubby decided Nolen is a better ball player than Joseph. He deserves to watch this, along with all the 'experts' on this board who supported that decision.

It started going down hill when Tubby decided Nolen is a better ball player than Joseph. He deserves to watch this, along with all the 'experts' on this board who supported that decision.

Nolen is absolutely better than Joseph.

Wow USDA Chef, you do this same gig in every thread!

boring

Is that all you have? Boring.

Hey Private, get a clue.

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean, but if you think Devoe Joseph was more important to this team than Al Nolen I'm not even sure what to tell you. I never disliked Devoe as much as the majority of this board but he was a "scorer" who could only score and shot under 40% from the field.

Prolific;363196[B said:
]I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean,[/B] but if you think Devoe Joseph was more important to this team than Al Nolen I'm not even sure what to tell you. I never disliked Devoe as much as the majority of this board but he was a "scorer" who could only score and shot under 40% from the field.

Oops. Meant to quote USAFChief( I prefer to call him private). Sorry about that.

I will edit.

Hey Private, get a clue.

Do you think the annoucers will ever let it go that devoe transferred and Al is hurt? They must have brought it up twenty times today. Do agree with them that Rodney playing is playing like hes a ghost. Tough to win when you are playing 4 on 5.

Even though it's been stated time and time again that Nolen and Joseph played almost identical minutes in the 3 games they played together this year.

I honestly think this guy is a friend or relative of Joseph. No way anyone would be this obsessed about one guy.

I am usually in favor of criticizing the offense under Tubby, as it has been terrible. That said, what is he supposed to do with the current team offensively? Opponents have to guard one guy outside 15 feet and Trevor, Rodney, and Colt are guys that are only effective within 10 feet or so.

I think a bigger issue today was the defense: allowing the road team to come away with 11 points on its first 5 possessions is unacceptable and sets a terrible tone for the game.

I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean, but if you think Devoe Joseph was more important to this team than Al Nolen I'm not even sure what to tell you. I never disliked Devoe as much as the majority of this board but he was a "scorer" who could only score and shot under 40% from the field.

punched the wrong quote button, sorry.
Meant for USAFCHIEF

Edit: Wow; anyone notice I am really butchering this thread. It's not even happy hour yet.:eek:

I thought the offense showed more movement and flow in the second half when Ahamisi and Armelin were playing. Hoffarber is out of position at point, it just doesn't work. I kinda of figured that Hollins would have to play a perfect game for the Gophs to win, it didn't happen.

Not alot of promise out there.

It has been 4 years and our offense is still terrible...I did not know having the guards dribble for 25seconds outside the arc and then try to force up garbage was an offense. Tubby may know D but his offense is D-III level at best.

I don't know what you mean? Why would a D-III coach not know as much about offense as a D-I coach? Being a Division I coach doesn't actually mean you know more about basketball than D-II, D-III coaches. In many cases, being a D-I coach means you know more people or happened to be in the right place at the right time, etc.

I'm just sayin...I've seen tons of D-III coaches that can design a pretty complex and effective offense.

Ohio State Not Undefeated And #1 Ranked???

I thought I read that somewhere.

Maybe some Gophers "fans" hadn't heard.

I thought I read that somewhere.

Maybe some Gophers "fans" hadn't heard.

FOT, Northwestern and Michigan recently gave Ohio State much tougher games than the Gophers did on Sunday. To never really be in the game was quite a disappointment. The fans came charged up and ready to cheer, and the Buckeyes just took all the air out of the Barn.

Top Bottom