A quick glimpse into the offseason workout of Marion and Dom Barber

BleedGopher

Reaction score
through the eyes of Vikes WR, Sidney Rice:

My Crazy Workouts
Written By Sidney Rice
March 27, 2009

There’s talk that the Vikings might pick a wide receiver in the draft. Truth is, it doesn’t really bother me. I want them to do whatever they think is going to help the team out the most.

All I can do is get myself ready for the season the best way I know how. We’re not due back for offseason training until April 6, so I’ve been in Miami working out hard with Marion Barber of the Cowboys and his brother Dominique who plays for the Texans.

This workout is the hardest I’ve ever done.

About every time I do it, I throw up.

This has been a typical day for me lately:

10 a.m. Grab a light breakfast

10:30 Head down to the spa into the steam room for 20-30 minutes, just to get a sweat. I do some stretching in there and pound some water to hydrate

11 Head over to Legacy Fit (www.legacyfit.com) in Miami to work out with trainer Manning Summer and the Barbers

Our workout is different every day, we use sleds, climb ropes to the ceiling, pushups, running, jumping rope. Pushing the sleds kills me every time. We’re slamming balls into each other, and there aren’t too many breaks as you go through the circuit.

Everybody throws up almost every time we go through it.

I’ll be there a couple days next week, then take it up to Minnesota around April 3. We have to be there on the 6th but I want to get there a couple days early.

When I’m not working out I’m just relaxing, sitting back watching basketball, trying not to do too much. Going out at night and then my workout in the morning just don’t mix.

After working out with the team I think I’ll come back down to Miami and get back to Legacy for some more workouts before we have to meet up in Minnesota again. Me and Marion have been talking about getting back down here for a couple weeks.

Even when I’m in Minnesota I hope to bring some of the things I’ve learned from my trainer and try to do them on my own. It won’t be as intense because he won’t be in my ear yelling, but I know I’ve got to try it to better myself.

It’s a crazy workout, I’ve never seen nothing like it. But I know it’s good for me, and if I can be persistent with it I’ll be in the best shape of my life when the season starts.

http://www.sidneyrice18.com/blog.html

Go Gophers!!

through the eyes of Vikes WR, Sidney Rice:

My Crazy Workouts
Written By Sidney Rice
March 27, 2009

There’s talk that the Vikings might pick a wide receiver in the draft. Truth is, it doesn’t really bother me. I want them to do whatever they think is going to help the team out the most.

All I can do is get myself ready for the season the best way I know how. We’re not due back for offseason training until April 6, so I’ve been in Miami working out hard with Marion Barber of the Cowboys and his brother Dominique who plays for the Texans.

This workout is the hardest I’ve ever done.

About every time I do it, I throw up.

This has been a typical day for me lately:

10 a.m. Grab a light breakfast

10:30 Head down to the spa into the steam room for 20-30 minutes, just to get a sweat. I do some stretching in there and pound some water to hydrate

11 Head over to Legacy Fit (www.legacyfit.com) in Miami to work out with trainer Manning Summer and the Barbers

Our workout is different every day, we use sleds, climb ropes to the ceiling, pushups, running, jumping rope. Pushing the sleds kills me every time. We’re slamming balls into each other, and there aren’t too many breaks as you go through the circuit.

Everybody throws up almost every time we go through it.

I’ll be there a couple days next week, then take it up to Minnesota around April 3. We have to be there on the 6th but I want to get there a couple days early.

When I’m not working out I’m just relaxing, sitting back watching basketball, trying not to do too much. Going out at night and then my workout in the morning just don’t mix.

After working out with the team I think I’ll come back down to Miami and get back to Legacy for some more workouts before we have to meet up in Minnesota again. Me and Marion have been talking about getting back down here for a couple weeks.

Even when I’m in Minnesota I hope to bring some of the things I’ve learned from my trainer and try to do them on my own. It won’t be as intense because he won’t be in my ear yelling, but I know I’ve got to try it to better myself.

It’s a crazy workout, I’ve never seen nothing like it. But I know it’s good for me, and if I can be persistent with it I’ll be in the best shape of my life when the season starts.

http://www.sidneyrice18.com/blog.html

Go Gophers!!

My guess is that skipping the stream room may cut down on the vomiting. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom