A picture says a 1,000 words...

No way do I blame the loss tonight on Redding. Didn't help but he had more than enough company, starting at the top.

No way do I blame the loss tonight on Redding. Didn't help but he had more than enough company, starting at the top.

It's not his fault that the defense turned into a pumpkin at midnight (ADT).....but that should have been downed inside the two. That makes things MUCH MUCH more difficult for a team that's also fighting against the clock.

We likely still win if that bonehead play doesn't happen.

Of all my years of watching football (at every level), that might have been the dumbest looking punt coverage play I have ever seen.

We execute perfectly on the punt (exactly how you draw it up), and then that ridiculous play happens.

It certainly wasn't the only thing that led to the loss. But when you do things like that, you SHOULD lose.

Stupid.

Go Gophers!!
As a Minnesota sports fan, I just find it hilarious. His back is turned and he literally thinks he is downing the ball. And then to watch the guy in front of him with a WTF look is just priceless.

It just makes me laugh. I have never in all my years of watching all kinds of football games seen a person down the ball two yards in the end zone. I mean, LMAO

It was a clown show all night last night, so why not down it.

Honestly, all you can do is laugh. Bone head play, but he isn’t the reason we lost.

Not the reason we lost but indicative of why we should have lost. Seriously question the football IQ of many on this team from the top down to special team, pass defense and some on offense like an over hyped “NFL prospect”. This is a wheels fell off game - a Bowling Green game, …is it more than just one game? I don’t think so, any competent QB shreds our secondary.

Last edited:

Kind of a Jim Marshall type moment.
Right before the punt on this play, was that Wenger arguing and yelling at PJ, or was he just being overly demonstrative telling him to take a penalty and give the punter a little room? Was it planned to have the player sprint offsides? Anyways, very interesting sequence of events.

Of course the loss is not all on Redding, but that image right there is Keystone Kops. Beyond ridiculous.

Kind of a Jim Marshall type moment.
Right before the punt on this play, was that Wenger arguing and yelling at PJ, or was he just being overly demonstrative telling him to take a penalty and give the punter a little room? Was it planned to have the player sprint offsides? Anyways, very interesting sequence of events.
I was wondering about that exchange as well. This happening didn’t help with the “play not to lose” on the final drive it seemed.

20230924_122830.jpgLast night Gophers fans be like we clearly S to bed against Northwestern. You score 31 points in regulation, and lead by 21 you should win football games. That is a program if your a competive athlete you should want to beat. Disrespecting the opponent and the game of football should not happen. You got an opponent down you step on their necks and finish them.

Last edited:

I posted it in another thread....but I'll post it again here.

Redding had one job. One that simply required him to know where he was on the field. Making a bad play or a gaffe happens. Paying zero attention to what you are doing as the team is falling apart around you is unacceptable. No play pissed me off more than this one.

I posted it in another thread....but I'll post it again here.

Redding had one job. One that simply required him to know where he was on the field. Making a bad play or a gaffe happens. Paying zero attention to what you are doing as the team is falling apart around you is unacceptable. No play pissed me off more than this one.
In the 4th Q Rossi had one job …

Of all my years of watching football (at every level), that might have been the dumbest looking punt coverage play I have ever seen.

We execute perfectly on the punt (exactly how you draw it up), and then that ridiculous play happens.

It certainly wasn't the only thing that led to the loss. But when you do things like that, you SHOULD lose.

Stupid.
This post NAILS IT!!!

This is what I think happened to him. He had himself convinced he was right at the start of the end zone because that’s where the inscription is starting. Kid hustled down there, got in position and ……screw it, I’m blaming Wegner.

Attachments

• IMG_3511.jpeg
    IMG_3511.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 9

In the 4th Q Rossi had one job …

I'm not giving Rossi a pass. But his job also included 11 individual players at the same time. Redding had the most basic....simple job here.....and it very well may have been the difference between a win and a loss.

This is what I think happened to him. He had himself convinced he was right at the start of the end zone because that’s where the inscription is starting. Kid hustled down there, got in position and ……screw it, I’m blaming Wegner.

We punted it in order to pin them back as far as possible. The punt was PERFECT. How the gunner....whose only job is to stop the ball before it gets to the goal line....doesn't know what the goal line looks like is unbelievable.

Correct, Redding downing the ball in the end zone just assured that this was a complete team loss, on all three phases of the game.

I'm not giving Rossi a pass. But his job also included 11 individual players at the same time. Redding had the most basic....simple job here.....and it very well may have been the difference between a win and a loss.
Redding didn't give up four TD passes in 16 minutes. Rossi's defense did.

Redding didn't give up four TD passes in 16 minutes. Rossi's defense did.

Is there a point here......or are you trying to say that Redding not paying attention and giving NW a free 19 yards (and keeping them from being backed up to their goal line) with two minutes left doesn't matter?

Top Bottom