A new example of the lack of home court advantage at the Barn

Yup, I had season tickets for 29 years; giving them up in 2007 because of the ever changing game times due to TV. I've never yet quite figured out the mindset of Minnesotans. They will spend 8 hours at an auction waiting for the last possible item, or stand in line for an estate sale for a couple of hours just to be the first one's in to review the items. In the 29 years I was a season ticket holder if I had a dollar for everytime people pulled up stakes and left at the 3 minute mark with the game undecided I could pay for my trip out to Vegas to see the Gophs play football. I'm Irish, my wife is Polish. We stand and scream. I've often thought that our years at Williams Arena we were stuck surrounded by stoic Norwegians who were thinking about a better way to make Lefse. Unreal.

Yep. Sometimes it seems us Irish folk from Saint Paul (and a few other pockets here and there) are the only source of energy in this state.

You never hear of Norwegians as hooligans. The only sport they are any good at is Nordic skiing. Could be a correlation between the raucus cross country ski fans and the Barn atmosphere. Too many riotous Norskie.

Yep, which brings up a pet peeve for me.
Leaving early, or visiting concessions/bathrooms/whatever while play is on. There are plenty of time outs, or pauses after fouls where a person can walk out. But people seem unconscious of the fact that when they are walking out they are BLOCKING OTHER PEOPLE'S VIEW. I know complaining here is pretty much pointless but I can't believe how selfish it is to decide you want to leave before the conclusion of the game during play. And Rosemountian is right - it happens regardless of the venue or even how close the game is.

You expect today's fan to be considerate of, or even aware of, others? How quixotic!

Top Bottom